[OTTD] Bad Hair Day's Bad Screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Bigboss
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [OTTD] Bad Hair Day's Bad Screenshots

Post by Bigboss »

Thank you very much. Very interesting building style, probably very realistic, but leading to extreme train congestion issues (btw, signalling issue in Gudworth Falls).
Fantastic scenario though, congrats. Would love to play on this map if you're willing to share it.

anyway, looking forward to seeing more of your games :-)
Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

I just build as I go and deal with problems as they arise because I find planning everything out in advance boring.

Scenario link.
My OpenTTD screenshot thread.

Formerly known as Lankku / 2-10-0
Bigboss
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Bigboss »

Thank you!
Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

All of the old express services have been withdrawn as they either full or partially duplicated the High Speed routes and were taking up space on trunk routes needed for stopping services. New express services on routes not served by highspeed rail are being implemented, with the lines they use being quadrupled. Some stations have been rebuilt or will be rebuilt as the old through platforms are either lengthened or removed.
Attachments
Flunbridge Transport, 15th May 2082.png
(1.9 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Flunbridge Transport, 19th Jun 2082#3.png
(1.63 MiB) Not downloaded yet

Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

Freight services are being expanded. When primary industries are closer together feeder services are set up to allow for fewer but larger trains to minimise their numbers. Ships are used where possible to keep freight off the rail network.
Attachments
Flunbridge Transport, 19th Jun 2082#2.png
(1.46 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Flunbridge Transport, 19th Jun 2082#1.png
(1.19 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Flunbridge Transport, 19th Jun 2082.png
(1.18 MiB) Not downloaded yet

Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

Temperate, random land, 1024x2048, UKRS2
Attachments
Medingwell Transport, 28th Jan 1949.png
(795.99 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Medingwell Transport, 28th Jan 1949#1.png
(837.88 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Medingwell Transport, 1st Feb 1949.png
(894.44 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

A few more.
Attachments
Medingwell Transport, 1st Feb 1949#1.png
(967.09 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Medingwell Transport, 1st Feb 1949#2.png
(988.09 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Medingwell Transport, 1st Feb 1949#3.png
(347.15 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

Sub-Arctic, Critish Bolumbia Scenario (newgrf version), 2048x2048

I've been playing this game on and off since January using the JGR patch pack. The day length is set to x5 with a 1920 start date.

Map overview + company information
Bolumbian Transportation .Inc, 12th Aug 1959.png
(766.23 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Brudinghall was the town where the company first got started. At this point it's relatively unimportant to the company, but the HQ remains in the town. The trackwork at the port stations was recently redesigned to improve traffic flow and prevent delays.
Bolumbian Transportation .Inc, 12th Aug 1959#1.png
(891.05 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Overningbury is an interchange between two passenger routes, as well as a major junction. Once a major cause of delays, this area too has recently been redesigned.
Bolumbian Transportation .Inc, 12th Aug 1959#2.png
(950.13 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

Bronham is a more major interchange on the rail network, as well as having an aluminium plant and furniture factory served by the company. A lot of traffic comes through the city, but routes are mostly seperated from each other.
This junction lies roughly halfway between Bronham and Overningbury. Its rather ugly form is unfortunately required to keep the traffic of the numerous routes passing though seperate, the original at grade junction being a constant source of delays.
Bolumbian Transportation .Inc, 12th Aug 1959#4.png
(816.11 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Prarston station sits on one of the major rail arteries the company operates, with a large number of trains stopping at the passenger or metal workshop stations, or passing the station on one of the mainlines.
Bolumbian Transportation .Inc, 12th Aug 1959#5.png
(1006.32 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by Bad Hair Day on 01 Nov 2020 14:19, edited 1 time in total.

Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

Denfield was one of the earliest freight hubs the company established. The city sits in a narrow valley which has made expansion of the stations very difficult. An avoiding line that was built on the other side of the river has eased the situation, but the cargo station of Denfield Woods recently required extensive rebuilding to cope with the traffic.
The trackwork at the other end of the tunnels under the city is less extensive and busy, but was also recently reworked.
Pluntborough station has also been reworked, but remains a problem area due to the space limitations of the alcohol station.
Last edited by Bad Hair Day on 01 Nov 2020 14:18, edited 1 time in total.

Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

Dudinghead is another area with space limitations. While it is one of the smaller towns to have a passenger service, it's location at the intersection of numerous passenger routes has made it a major interchange.
This shot shows the summit of one of the major freight routes, showing the challenges of the terrain in some areas. The line tunnels through the ride that seperates two valleys, however the valley on the right is at higher elevation, forcing a climb. The majority of the loaded freight trains travel in the uphill direction, which used to cause delays as they climbed, which is why there are two tracks on uphill direction on the old route. Recently however a freight only line has been built which, as it avoids the towns, is able to climb over a longer distances and at a shallower gradaient.
The Town of Sedingbury is where most of the aforementioned loaded trains making the climb originate from, with metal, timber, and chemicals all being transported from the town.

Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

Sedinghead has one of the many stockyards served by the company. The area has recently been reworked as it was once a source of delays.
Bolumbian Transportation .Inc, 12th Aug 1959#12.png
(1004.77 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Tranville is an interchange between two passenger routes, as well as being on a freight artery. The junctions here have proven difficult to design due the presence of the station, and the river valley requiring long bridges to cross.
There are a few small stations on minors routes such as this one on the single track line through Frenfingway.

Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

Punnbury is another majory interchange. The station sits on the busiest mainline the company operates, with between six to eight tracks running through a wide valley.
Bolumbian Transportation .Inc, 12th Aug 1959#15.png
(1021.13 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Further down the line is Linnington, a busy area with an aluminium plant, stockyard, and bulk terminal being served. The passenger station is an interchange between services on the mainline and one of the cross country routes.
Bolumbian Transportation .Inc, 12th Aug 1959#16.png
(992.14 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Hunfingley passenger station and port lie at the end of two mainlines for both passengers and freight. Port facilities have been expanded in recent years to increase the amount of traffic, however town itself remains small due the the space limitations imposed by its location.
Bolumbian Transportation .Inc, 12th Aug 1959#17.png
(814.84 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

The area around Canley Market has extensive trackwork, mostly due to the stockyard. This particular stockyard is one of the busiest, producing 11,000 tons of food each month.
Grenfingway is a major intersection of numerous freightlines, with livestock, grain, coal, iron, bauxite, metal, and chemicals passing through.
Bolumbian Transportation .Inc, 12th Aug 1959#19.png
(848.12 KiB) Not downloaded yet

The town of Nunninghall has another aluminium smelter that is served by the company. This particular smelters location at the centre of the large peninsular means it can be well supplied with bauxite which can only be transported from bulk terminals on the coast.
Bolumbian Transportation .Inc, 12th Aug 1959#20.png
(939.66 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Return to “Screenshots”