[OTTD] Vassie's Screenshot Thread

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
hargs
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: [OTTD] Vassie's Screenshot Thread

Post by hargs »

Best I've managed timetabling wise in that size of station is a train each way every 15 days/mins. Though I suppose it would depend on loading times and the length of train. Would certainly be an impressive departure board if you pull it off.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

I tried doing a whole game with timetables once but I got so enveloped in it that I didn't really build anything! I only really use them on S-Bahn systems in major cities particularly where I have some single track sections or some busy junctions that can become jammed if too many trains arrive at once. Mainline stuff is left to itself, particularly freight.
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

jvassie wrote: Here is something to revive with [...]
Pappelsee.png
Why isn´t there no glass for that station´s roof? It should be either that "green glass" or the usual dark TTD glass, depending on a parameter setting ...

regards
Michael
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

michael blunck wrote:
jvassie wrote: Here is something to revive with [...]
Pappelsee.png
Why isn´t there no glass for that station´s roof? It should be either that "green glass" or the usual dark TTD glass, depending on a parameter setting ...

regards
Michael
Your guess is as good as mine! Downloaded it from your site pretty recently I believe.
(British) Modular Stations Set - Thread: | Website:
Swiss Set - Thread: | Website:
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

Just north of the Regenskirchen outskirts sits a medium sized town on the mainline called Tannwedel. It sees regular half hour all stops trains (RB 5) to Regenskirchen Hbf, with one just arriving in platform 1. These are normally made up of a BR143 with a short consist of double-deck stock. Arriving at platform 3 is an RE 12 service to Regenskirchen Hbf, originating at Bad Bevensen, a BR146 at the helm. Lastly, another BR146 is roaring past platform 4 with an IRE service to Niedkirch Hbf.
Attachments
Tannwedel an der Prum.png
Tannwedel an der Prum.png (625.96 KiB) Viewed 868 times
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
Comm Cody
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Comm Cody »

jvassie wrote:Just north of the Regenskirchen outskirts sits a medium sized town on the mainline called Tannwedel. It sees regular half hour all stops trains (RB 5) to Regenskirchen Hbf, with one just arriving in platform 1. These are normally made up of a BR143 with a short consist of double-deck stock. Arriving at platform 3 is an RE 12 service to Regenskirchen Hbf, originating at Bad Bevensen, a BR146 at the helm. Lastly, another BR146 is roaring past platform 4 with an IRE service to Niedkirch Hbf.

Is that the DB set? If so, why do the sprites look different?
Something goes here, hell if I know.
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

Comm Cody wrote:
jvassie wrote:Just north of the Regenskirchen outskirts sits a medium sized town on the mainline called Tannwedel. It sees regular half hour all stops trains (RB 5) to Regenskirchen Hbf, with one just arriving in platform 1. These are normally made up of a BR143 with a short consist of double-deck stock. Arriving at platform 3 is an RE 12 service to Regenskirchen Hbf, originating at Bad Bevensen, a BR146 at the helm. Lastly, another BR146 is roaring past platform 4 with an IRE service to Niedkirch Hbf.

Is that the DB set? If so, why do the sprites look different?
They are from the rather lovely DACH set :)
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

It's been a while, heres a snapshot of the departure board for Stafford Broad Street
STA Timetable.png
STA Timetable.png (45.46 KiB) Viewed 863 times
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Burgh. Timetables. I only ever use them for city s-bahns where we'll timetabled trains eliminates the need for large and complicated junctions in confined spaces. Never bother otherwise mainly because I spend so long micromanaging that I forget to build stuff and it's 2000 and I've got 20 trains and 4 lines.
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

Aye, they can be very time consuming and painful - trying to make it a successful reward - with only mixed results so far..
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

I always seem to end up with trains running early, waiting for ages, and then holding the rest of the line up.
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

Problem I seemed to be running into was balancing lack of padding at terminii against available platforms, the latter is of course fairly easy to augment, but at the risk of complexity in trackwork etc.

In the example above, I think Stafford Broad Street had something like 48tph scheduled to depart from 10 platforms, with either or 4 or 6tph on each platform, the departures were timed well, and all seemed to be in sync, the problem was inbound services not coming back in the correct order etc, so had trains waiting for their specific platform at the wrong time.

Not sure if trying to force a train into a specific platform is the best way of doing it, or alternatively into a group of several platforms, or just leting them pick any
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

I find I have to set fixed timetable repeat sequences. I.e. a timetable runs for 10000 ticks or something like that to ensure they all arrive at the same time. I usually then have them have all the passing in the schedule at the minor terminus of the route rather than the major termini.
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

Ameecher wrote:I find I have to set fixed timetable repeat sequences. I.e. a timetable runs for 10000 ticks or something like that to ensure they all arrive at the same time. I usually then have them have all the passing in the schedule at the minor terminus of the route rather than the major termini.
Do you not use hours and minutes then (to go with departure boards)?
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

jvassie wrote:
Ameecher wrote:I find I have to set fixed timetable repeat sequences. I.e. a timetable runs for 10000 ticks or something like that to ensure they all arrive at the same time. I usually then have them have all the passing in the schedule at the minor terminus of the route rather than the major termini.
I just use plain OTTD nightlies and just use ticks, I could set it to seconds but I prefer using ticks for some unknown reason. I should try out a TT patch really.
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

Ameecher wrote:
jvassie wrote:
I just use plain OTTD nightlies and just use ticks, I could set it to seconds but I prefer using ticks for some unknown reason. I should try out a TT patch really.
You could grab the HardPP, includes a patch to set a multiplier for various costs (terraforming, tracks, signals etc) which I'm sure you'd appreciate with your love of difficulty :P
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
jor[D]1
Director
Director

Post by jor[D]1 »

HardPP ruins timetables when used in combination with daylength. ChillPP works better, but sadly doesn't allow newer GRF's
View my (train)pictures on Flickr
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

jor[D]1 wrote:HardPP ruins timetables when used in combination with daylength. ChillPP works better, but sadly doesn't allow newer GRF's
I just had it set to 1 so that it didn't 'skip' minutes every hour - what exactly does daylength bring to timetables (when it does work)? I've been changing the values of ticks/minute when I want to adjust how fast or slow 'time' runs.
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
jor[D]1
Director
Director

Post by jor[D]1 »

I just hate the years passing by so quick, without daylength it takes me 4 game years to setup a timetable.
View my (train)pictures on Flickr

Return to “Screenshots”