[TTDP/OTTD] Ameecher's Screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

[TTDP/OTTD] Ameecher's Screenshots

Post by Ameecher »

Like Dave I thought I would claim my stake in this forum. I have a number of screenshots sitting my TTWin95 folder which at some stage I will convert to .PNG. In the meantime I will post a few of my current UKRS game.

The Year is 1966 and in an effort to reduce costs my very own Dr. Beeching style cut has taken place.

Two branch lines have closed and a large rationalisation of the rest has begun. Steamers are being reduced as cheaper to run diesels take their place.
Attachments
SCR93.png
Sunnbury and Pufingford have also seen a rationalisation of services the line from Taningwell has been closed to passengers and the remaining line to Flontston has been singled. The goods yard at Pufingford however still sees goods trains.
(586.46 KiB) Downloaded 431 times
Pinnley is one of the places that will see it's services replaced by class 101 DMUs in the future, the goods yard at the station still sees one mixed freight a week hauled by steam but this is becoming uneconomic and may soon end, the there is stored
Pinnley is one of the places that will see it's services replaced by class 101 DMUs in the future, the goods yard at the station still sees one mixed freight a week hauled by steam but this is becoming uneconomic and may soon end, the there is stored
SCR92.png (76.25 KiB) Viewed 23301 times
Slintford is the main station on the network and at times can get crowded, one of the new age class 37s approachs the station while a 2-8-0 hauled passenger trains sits in the north bound bay platform. The future will see the bays made to through tracks
Slintford is the main station on the network and at times can get crowded, one of the new age class 37s approachs the station while a 2-8-0 hauled passenger trains sits in the north bound bay platform. The future will see the bays made to through tracks
SCR91.png (101 KiB) Viewed 23318 times
Last edited by Ameecher on 12 Jul 2014 22:47, edited 3 times in total.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

2 more screenshots. The first shows how Slintford has changed, the station throat has been simplified and there are now 4 through tracks, the two bays have been converted. The farm is producing much less but is still served by another station instead. All steam trains are withdrawn from regular service, and EMUs, class 86s and HSTs are the order of the day, EMUs run local services, 86s expresses "under the wires" and HSTs expresses that go beyond the end of current electrification.

The second shot shows the southern most station, The local branch line is run by a class 101 and a class 37 (which is in platform one), medium distance trains are run by class 47s with Mk2s and the long distance trains are run by HSTs, all three are see in evidence.
Attachments
SCR101.png
SCR101.png (90.81 KiB) Viewed 23176 times
scr99.png
scr99.png (99.93 KiB) Viewed 23197 times
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

I have started another game (I will continue playing the other one too) using the Tropic Renewal Set, I like it partly because it gives a good range of locos unlike the original set and those blooming Wills 2-8-0s that you have to use for 20 odd years before something decent turned up.

These three screenshots show the changing face of San Martin, the centre of the network initially set up to serve the 6 diamond mines in the near vicinity it has grown to become a through route for Copper Ore, Rubber, Oil, Fruit and Food.
Attachments
SCR110.png
The late 1930s shows the main station and sidings, North line to the factory, the south line over the viaduct to two diamond mines. SW to El Banco food processing plant.
(376.85 KiB) Downloaded 346 times
1934 and avoiding lines have been added
1934 and avoiding lines have been added
SCR108.png (57.16 KiB) Viewed 23035 times
1932 the sidings are used to reverse diamond trains after unloading, there are two at each end of the station.
1932 the sidings are used to reverse diamond trains after unloading, there are two at each end of the station.
SCR107.png (52.06 KiB) Viewed 23054 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Your smaller stations are quite unrealistic. How would you expect people to get to the other platforms?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

I don't follow you Purno, in my most recent game there are no passenger trains so there is no need for passengers to move from platform to platform. In my other game where there are no ways of crossing platforms the station usually has a way around the end if it is a terminus or I pretend or at times put in a foot crossing.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Back to the temperate game, and Blimey how things have changed!

1) The map of the network, the main intercity expresses run from Flonston to Slintford, Pronworth Falls and finally Planingway. The other routes exist because of freight but passenger trains have grown along these lines.

2) Farnpool Bridge Brickworks, Clay and Gravel trains are operated by Class 59s/66s while Goods trains are operated by 66/67 locomotives. Passenger trains to the terminus are operated by class 158 DMUs.

3) Taningwell. The mainline has now been bypassed around the station with all services operated by class 158 DMUs or class 321 EMUs. The 158s operate in to the terminus platform from Slintford and then along the single track non-electrified line to Sunnbury. The 321s provide services to Flonston and Slintford.
Attachments
3)
3)
SCR116.png (101.08 KiB) Viewed 22906 times
2)
2)
SCR115.png (101.14 KiB) Viewed 22922 times
1)
1)
SCR114.png (22.17 KiB) Viewed 22910 times
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Continued from above:

4) Flonston, The mainline from Taningwell enters from the right, the local line to Sunnbury. The line that runs across the top corner of the screen is operated by class 220 Voyagers, it joins the line to Sunnbury just of shot in order to enter Flonston station. The line runs across the whole length of the north of the map, and has only one intermediate station, a fuel oil train runs to the fuel depot (the station is just out of shot).

5) Pronworth Falls area. The original station to the south of the town has closed to mainline traffic and two of it's platforms have been converted to freight and the remaining passenger platforms have been transferred to a heritage railway which operates to Darwood.
A new station has been built to the North of the station which handles all passenger traffic. Freight used to travel through the station but as the trains got longer (look at the length of that coal train!) a bypass was added. Passenger trains are operated by Pendolinos on Intercity Expresses, local trains that terminate here are operated by 321s and terminate in the sidings to the south of the station.
Ginbourne Cross Central station was added to provide relief to Pronworth Falls North Station, trains are run by 158s (they run over the viaduct) and class 67s which join the mainline. Also pictured is the main clay pit on the map.

6) Planingway, the southern terminus, local trains are operated by class 150s and 158s which run to the bottom right of the map. The mainline runs north from the station. Compare this to the picture above.
Attachments
6)
6)
SCR119.png (105.86 KiB) Viewed 22867 times
SCR118.png
5)
(778.91 KiB) Downloaded 269 times
4)
4)
SCR117.png (105.41 KiB) Viewed 22876 times
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Final two pictures:

7) Peningbury. This station is in the NW corner of the map is served by 220s, this the terminus of the line that is mentioned above which has only one intermediate stop. The station is massively overbuilt with only the three terminus platforms (where the Voyager is approaching) being used. There have been plans to build a new mainline down the west coast. However this has been proposed for the last 40 odd years but more pressing concerns with the mainline have prevented me from building it, also the long distance to the nearest town and lack of industry has put me off.

8 ) Slintford. Very little freight passes through (although a class 59 hauling a coal train is just disappearing) intercity trains operated by 390 Pendolinos stop here and one can be seen in platform 2. local trains are operated by Class 321 EMUs and a number can be seen here. Just out of sight off the top of the screen are 3 reversing sidings and there is another trio of reversing sidings off shot to the south which are used to terminate class 321s which technically terminate at Slintford but continue through to the sidings to reverse because as you can see, there is no room for terminus platforms.
Attachments
8)
8)
SCR121.png (114.39 KiB) Viewed 22834 times
7)
7)
SCR120.png (84.49 KiB) Viewed 22837 times
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Next load of screenshots!

These screenshots are taken over a long period of time. The first shows the viaducts on the central mainline in the hilly region of the map, pictured is a goods train and a fuel oil train.

Hunfingbridge station is the first stop on the mainline from Hedworth. The mainline from Hedworth Victoria has been electrified to this point. The terminus platforms form the end of the line for the southern coast services hauled by a mixed variety of rolling stock. Freight through here is mainly goods and fuel oil to Hedworth Goods Yard and coal and iron ore which cross from the mainline at the top of the picture to the southern coast line at the bottom.

Grondhattan is the second stop on the mainline and a very busy station. The station itself has had numerous modifications over the years. The local line platforms are in shot and just are the bridge are the mainline platforms, originally built as a 4 platform station at this point (the old station building can just be seen) two platforms were closed as freight to Grondhattan North (Food Processing Plant) increased. Pictured are two class 47s, one hauling a rake of Speedlink vans to Hedworth and another hauling grain hoppers towards the avoiding line. Also worthy of note is the old airport (now closed) and the airport with it's shiny new 707.
Attachments
SCR148.png
SCR148.png (156.71 KiB) Viewed 22569 times
SCR147.png
SCR147.png (144.04 KiB) Viewed 22570 times
SCR145.png
SCR145.png (101.71 KiB) Viewed 22580 times
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Gronhattan North. The avoiding line carries most of the farm produce into the station and the lines that pass through the now disused platforms at Gronhattan are the preserve of goods trains (and the odd special movement). The main Gronhattan station is seperated from the building by these tracks and consequently can only be accessed by subway.
Pictured are a 47 hauling empty grain hoppers and a 47 hauling "milk" tankers. The main passenger line is visible by the overhead line pylons.

Flarningbury station is a fairly major junction and can be busy at times (not when I took the screenshot though! :x) for years this was the end of electrification but in the past couple of years the wires have been put up to Charnford as the old steam locos begin to bow out. A class 101 DMU enters the platform bound for the branch line that it shares with Gravel trains.

Charnford. Once a popular tourist resort back in the 30's and 40's (hence the grand station and the pier :P) Charnford has turned it's back on tourism as the discovery of black gold in the area has lead to the introduction of a heliport and the construction of an Oil Refinery. This is the origin of all the fuel oil trains on the network.
A class 47 heads a fuel train southwards and a 47 hauling one of the remaining Charters to the station departs from platform 2. At the heliport a S-61 sits patiently. Charnford is the limit of electrification and there are two trains a day that travel the Charnford > Flarningbury> Grondhattan>Hunfingbridge> Hedworth Victoria electrified route. These are formed of AL6 electric locos and mkII coaching stock.
Attachments
SCR151.png
SCR151.png (123.82 KiB) Viewed 22492 times
SCR150.png
SCR150.png (130.41 KiB) Viewed 22499 times
SCR149.png
SCR149.png (127.71 KiB) Viewed 22534 times
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Brontborough Bay is in the top NE corner of the map and marks the ultimate end of the East coast line from Hedworth Victoria. Not many trains continue to this point but a daily departure from Hedworth Victoria is extended from Sartburg (where the majority of trains terminate) to Brontborough Bay where it connects with the ferry to Metbourne. Metbourne only exists because of the Iron rich island upon it sits and the little harbour is often busy with large freighters loading up with ore to ship it to the mainland and onward travel to the steel mill deep in the south. Pictured is one of the cargo vessels, the ferry one of the 3 last remaining AEC DMUs and the Mentbourne express headed by a Class 47 (It used to be run by a Merchant Navy until spiralling costs made it uneconomic, the through train was even threatened with the axe but a successful trial period with a 47 and the old coaching stock rescued it).

Sartburg is the main northerly station on the east coast line. The line leaving the station to the north is to Brontborough Bay, still the domain of AEC DMUs (and the class 47 through train). The line leaving at the bottom left is to Grondhattan and the avoiding line (there is another 47 with grain hoppers!) The line leaving at the bottom right is the main East Coast line. For a while it was operated by 9Fs and Merchant Navy's cascaded from the Mainline after electrification but as they grew old they were replaced by class 47s. In is unsure what the future holds for this line, whether it will be electrified with locos being cascaded from the mainline or whether it will remain dieselised and get completely new stock. Sartburg is also a tourist destination.

Finally Nedham and it's suburbs. Hedworth Victoria station is the large station in the middle. The northerly two platforms are responsible for East Coast line trains and local trains to the villages to the north of the conurbation. Platforms 3&4 are the platforms for the mainline and can get busy at times. Platforms 5&6 are responsible for local metro services run by AM2 trains. which run from Dreningpool Falls via Hedworth Victoria to Kinbourne. Platforms 5&6 are used for Southern coast trains which then continue to the end of the line. Only this section of the Southern coast line is electrified with the longer distance trains being run by class 37s and mkI coaches. Also pictured is Hedworth goods yard and Nedham city airport (soon to be reopened) and Nedham International airport.
Attachments
SCR156.png
(1004.83 KiB) Downloaded 234 times
SCR157.png
SCR157.png (103.76 KiB) Viewed 22437 times
SCR154.png
SCR154.png (84.1 KiB) Viewed 22455 times
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Next load of Spam!

Please people add your comments, oh and look out for Born Acorn's new generic bufferstops!

Number one picture! Trending Marshalling Yard. gravel trains enter here from the branch line in order to reverse and gain access to the mainline. It was home to a number of stored trains for a few years but they have since been sent to a fledgling preserved railway.... Two 37s are in command (one of which is shut down for the time being as the quarry production has halfed. The remaining may soon be converted to class 59 haulage. (LOOK BUFFERS!*)

Number two picture!

Hunfingbridge station has been rebuilt twice since the last time I showed it. An extra platform has been added to the west side of the station and there are new 4 through tracks. The track layout has been simplified too throught the use of PBS and restricted signals (you gotta love restricted signals). Pictured are a 47 on a fuel train, A GNER 91 leaving the station bound for Hedworth Victoria. A 47 enters the station in preparation to cross onto the diesel lines. A fellow classmate heads a rake of Speedlink vans out of the tunnel and a pair of 101 sit in one of the terminus platforms preparing for another rural local service. The reversing siding (Hufingbridge West) is used by a couple of trains (LOOK BUFFERS!*) mainly 91s ending their journeys early.
most of my freight trains are hauled by 47s, hence why have over 40 of them!

* Born Acorn now owes me money for the shameless plugs! Seriously though, you and Peter1138 did a great job! Cheers!
Attachments
SCR174.png
SCR174.png (146.01 KiB) Viewed 22760 times
SCR172.png
SCR172.png (98.03 KiB) Viewed 22312 times
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Woo! Cool screens! (*AND BUFFERS!)

*Born_Acorn does not owe me any money for this shameless plug!
andysine
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andysine »

Those pics look awesome. Loads of character...
Age of Industry Replacement Set
Themed industry set for OpenTTD

The Greenest Valley
A beautiful scenario featuring Cardiff and the south Wales valleys

Mountains and Prairies
Huge scenario based on Western Canada
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Ok then, a new game again. Here I have a map that is based upon East Anglia, it has most of the main towns in and I have reconstructed all the lines that I can as well as I can (as to how they were in real life). Many of these lines do not exist today (ta very much Mr. Beeching) but I can see why, less than half my trains are making a profit and those that are are operating on lines that do still exist.

1) A general overview of Norwich and the surrounding lines. In reality there were 3 terminus stations at Norwich (Thorpe, City and Victoria) but I left Victoria out as even at this time of it had closed to passengers and was used only for freight. Norwich Thorpe (Great Eastern Railway (GER)) was always the busiest as this shot shows! Norwich City was never very busy and was the terminus of the Midland and Great Northern (M&GN) Line from Peterborough and the Midlands.

2) Cromer. Cromer Beach station was on the M&GN also but there was a connection to the GER line which ran into Cromer High. The line to Sheringham. Both lines saw very heavy tourist traffic.

3) Melton Constable, a large junction and station with engine works built in the middle of nowhere. It was the centre of the M&GN lines. The line to the bottom right runs to Norwich (City). The line to the top right runs to Cromer and the other line heads to the Midlands
Attachments
3)
3)
SCR202.png (85.66 KiB) Viewed 21822 times
2)
2)
SCR201.png (75.76 KiB) Viewed 21832 times
SCR203.png
(1.25 MiB) Downloaded 248 times
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

4) Ipswich station is the halfway point on the Norwich to London mainline. It the terminus for local trains and expresses stop here. The branch line to the top right go to Lowestoft and also Felixstowe. The mainline heading North has a branch off it to Ely or Cambridge and ultimately the Midlands.

5) Cambridge station, faithfully built to the real life design (although it doesn't work to well in TT). The here heads north to Ely (and then Norwich or the Midlands), east to Newmarket and South to London.

Edit: added a map to help you non-Brits! (and also those Brits who don't know East Anglia very well. off the left side of the map would be the Midlands and to the South is London, however due to limited space the furthest south the Great Eastern Mainline goes is Colchester. Ah well. and Yes I did get a little mad with the farms :?
Attachments
5)
5)
SCR205.png (87.96 KiB) Viewed 21798 times
4)
4)
SCR204.png (113.57 KiB) Viewed 21818 times
SCR200.png
SCR200.png (33.53 KiB) Viewed 21776 times
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Thats some pretty realistic station layouts you got there

*thumbs up*
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Dave

Post by Dave »

Nice effort in my opinion.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Ben_Robbins_
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_Robbins_ »

Nice shots, those trees next to a smooth heavily agriculturally based landscape look very nice (especially in the Norwich shot). Those interconnecting depots are cool also, I need to go find them. The graphics you've used for Cambridge station remind me of wymondham station, have you used them there as well?
Ben
officer dibble
Engineer
Engineer

Post by officer dibble »

Ameecher,

Excellent screens sir! :P Full of detail & in particular with a certain one - realism!!!! 8) :!: :P

I love the Cambridge screenie, having been up there taking photo's only last week, good show sir! :bow: It looks (platform wise), so much like the real place, shame there is no yard thats overgrown in places, with disused wagons opposite, but thats life. JUST FANTASTIC!!!

Keep up the great work, and keep those great screenies coming :P 8)

Return to “Screenshots”