[TTDP/OTTD] Ameecher's Screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Draakon
Director
Director

Re: [TTDP/OTTD] Ameecher's Screenshots

Post by Draakon »

The reason being that TTDPatch´s PBS differs from OTTD´s recent PBS implementation (YAPP). So new disciples to OTTD would have to change their behaviour with regards to building signals and junctions. :P
I was talking about Route Restriction.
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

Draakon wrote:
The reason being that TTDPatch´s PBS differs from OTTD´s recent PBS implementation (YAPP). So new disciples to OTTD would have to change their behaviour with regards to building signals and junctions. :P
What is your issue here!?!
(British) Modular Stations Set - Thread: | Website:
Swiss Set - Thread: | Website:
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
Draakon
Director
Director

Post by Draakon »

jvassie wrote:
Draakon wrote:
What is your issue here!?!
I don't have a issue here, but you do.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

The issue here, is us not understanding what you are on about due to your previous lack of quotes. Were you responding to Beeb375 or myself? That seems to be the issue. If you were responding to beeb375 then it has been a misunderstanding on the part of James and Myself. Tone done your attitude a bit please. There's no need to be so superior.

Anyway, less talk, more screenshots. The company finally had a relatively large reserve of cash which would permit the company to sort out some of the really pressing bits of the network.

So this is what happened:
Attachments
Tiverton Alp Bahn, 4th Sep 1980.png
Tiverton Alp Bahn, 4th Sep 1980.png (175.93 KiB) Viewed 878 times
beeb375
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by beeb375 »

That's an awesome wee industrial station/depot in the bottom right. Good work. Once I've finished GTA IV, I should be on TTD a bit more again over summer, and intend to challenge you with my screenies, which are basically simpler versions of yours I kinda copied your style :oops:
“Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The ‘x’ makes it sound cool.”
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Draakon wrote:I don't have a issue here, but you do.
That's enough from the lot of you. :roll: Can't we all get along...

Mindblowing screenie Ameecher, that's a great shot! Nice looking freight yard, I must say!
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Well, since when does Ameecher not provide mindblowing screenies, with his amazing freight yards? Ameecher, an absolute gem of a screenshot
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Thanks very much, but I think a lot of the credit goes to the fantastic work that has been done by the team working on ISR. This is one of the first times I have actually used it properly. Normally I just put a lot of basic track tiles together! :tongue:

Now then, here is an example of how to spend a lot of money! The turnbacks at Solihull which were built on the cheap a long time ago were the longest section of single track in the whole region and were frankly a timetabling nightmare. The introduction of longer and heavier freights weren't helping the issue and so the infrastructure department were tasked with sorting the mess out. The original may have been completed without terraforming, but this one needed a lot! :P
Attachments
Tiverton Alp Bahn, 21st Dec 1983.png
Tiverton Alp Bahn, 21st Dec 1983.png (199.61 KiB) Viewed 533 times
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Wow, that's an amazing climb up the mountain. May I ask where those bridges have come from, I've not seen anything quite like them before?
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
ImageImage
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

Total Bridge Renewal Set my friend. :)

Very lovely shot Ameecher!
(British) Modular Stations Set - Thread: | Website:
Swiss Set - Thread: | Website:
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

jvassie wrote:Total Bridge Renewal Set my friend. :)

Very lovely shot Ameecher!
Thanks James, checking it out now :D
ImageImage
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Make sure you download the latest version that is found on page 5 (?) of the TBRS thread. It's rather good! :D
Dutchman on Rails
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dutchman on Rails »

Ameecher, I guess you're giving me a bit too much credit. Basically my concept games are simple, throw every difficulty possible against the company... :twisted:
In any case, I have to say they're very impressive screenshots...
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Dutchman on Rails wrote:Ameecher, I guess you're giving me a bit too much credit. Basically my concept games are simple, throw every difficulty possible against the company... :twisted:
In any case, I have to say they're very impressive screenshots...
One can never get enough credit, DoR ;)

Now that money is a bit more easy to come by the company has been improving sections of the network to eliminate real speed and capacity problem areas. As a result, the Skipton to Hutton line is now completely double tracked meaning a massive increase in capacity. This was done in 5 distinct phases: Renfrew to Hutton. The Renfrew Spiral, the Solihull turnbacks, Minster Lovell to Skipton and finally the last section (and possibly the most expensive) was Minster Lovell to Hastings.
Here is what it looked like in 1987:
Tiverton Alp Bahn, 25th Oct 1987.png
Tiverton Alp Bahn, 25th Oct 1987.png (216.95 KiB) Viewed 457 times
And then, a year and £2million later:
Tiverton Alp Bahn, 26th Feb 1988.png
Tiverton Alp Bahn, 26th Feb 1988.png (215.5 KiB) Viewed 465 times
It's now officially the longest piece of straight track anywhere on the network making it a bit of racing ground and finally making the £3.5m spent on new BR120 locos for the Glacier Express worthwhile as this is about the only place where they can use their 125mph capability.

And finally, a map. If you have any requests, just ask and I may provide (because the map doesn't show where bridges and tunnels are the new "race track" barely shows up at all!)
Tiverton Alp Bahn, 27th Feb 1988.png
Tiverton Alp Bahn, 27th Feb 1988.png (18.82 KiB) Viewed 427 times
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

And in true DB style of the 1990s, Intercity trains are turning up some altogether very strange consists:
Tiverton Alp Bahn, 14th May 1989.png
Tiverton Alp Bahn, 14th May 1989.png (70.8 KiB) Viewed 1282 times
Other parts of the network are very poorly invested in. This line was thrown together in the 60s as a response to a subsidy and ran with BR515s for a while. Then, when ET-30s were withdrawn from the Blyth/Skipton - Orlingbury - Tiverton - Sheffield route they were transferred here to operate between Hutton and Elland, the cost of electrification was worthwhile considering the trains were second hand but now after 15 years on the line, the ET-30s are nearing expiry and need a replacement. The awkward location of stations means extending platforms to 4 tiles is expensive making the use of a loco inefficient as it takes up valuable carraige space. BR614s until an electric multiple unit becomes available that is affordable ;)

Or some double deck cars, that'd be rather nice [Michael] :P
Tiverton Alp Bahn, 3rd Apr 1990.png
Tiverton Alp Bahn, 3rd Apr 1990.png (52.95 KiB) Viewed 1282 times
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Ameecher wrote:in true DB style of the 1990s, Intercity trains are turning up some altogether very strange consists:
Well, I´d say that´s a little over the top, hehe ... but you got the idea ... 8)
BR614s until an electric multiple unit becomes available that is affordable [...] Or some double deck cars, that'd be rather nice [Michael]
I know, I know. Bi-levels are ugly but indispensable if it comes to realism in DB set games. :P

regards
Michael
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

michael blunck wrote:
Ameecher wrote:in true DB style of the 1990s, Intercity trains are turning up some altogether very strange consists:
Well, I´d say that´s a little over the top, hehe ... but you got the idea ... 8)
It was partly realism but also partly penny saving. Never sell any rolling stock because when you build some trains later on and you can't afford rolling stock it's very useful ;)
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Ameecher wrote:Never sell any rolling stock because when you build some trains later on and you can't afford rolling stock it's very useful
Yeah, the old "Raichase rule" ... 8)

BTW, today I got an interesting book (Amazon marketplace, only 2 Euros), "the German Railways today" (well, it´s essentially "trains in the landscape", hehe). O/c, those books are always dangerous because of the new ideas being spawned. Mmh, should I take a look? 8)

regards
Michael
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

michael blunck wrote: Mmh, should I take a look? 8)
Of course! Mind you though, that is coming from me who when he isn't working is usually reading about or photographing trains :)

Is it rather sad that I'm planning part of my gap year to Switzerland and Germany just to take photos of trains? :roll:
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Ameecher wrote:Is it rather sad that I'm planning part of my gap year to Switzerland and Germany just to take photos of trains?
I don´t think so. These countries are already full of guys taking photos of trains. One more wouldn´t hurt. :P

regards
Michael

Return to “Screenshots”