Page 46 of 47

Re: Random Screenshots

Posted: 09 Jul 2017 10:36
by luxtram
A prototype.

Re: Random Screenshots

Posted: 09 Jul 2017 18:52
by Quast65
luxtram wrote:A prototype.
:shock: :bow:

Re: Random Screenshots

Posted: 09 Jul 2017 21:17
by luxtram
Quast65 wrote:
luxtram wrote:A prototype.
:shock: :bow:
Haha! Thanks! I will create a separate topic once it gets a little more refined.

Re: Random Screenshots

Posted: 09 Jul 2017 23:00
by kamnet
luxtram wrote:A prototype.
That's a nice start!

Re: Random Screenshots

Posted: 25 Jul 2017 17:18
by luxtram
LA

Re: Random Screenshots

Posted: 06 Sep 2017 19:26
by Pita
Comm Cody wrote:Eh, I got three more showing just how drastic the changes of the seasons are. Think this is the first time I've finally gotten back into OpenTTD
These are some gorgeous landscapes! I wish my map was as mountainous as that...

----

I've just started playing OpenTTD for the first time this past week, although it's been on my radar of games to try for years. I'm fully absorbed in it! I don't last long on a map before I learn to do something better or find a GRF I want to use and start a new game. Hopefully this one lasts a bit longer.

I'm currently playing an early era Japan-styled map. Used a random heightmap generator to get something resembling Japan but unique, and started 10 years before first rail becomes available so that I would have time to hook up the map with sea/river/cart routes and map that feels alive before I get to work revolutionising it all with rail, kinda step-and-step with how it unfolded in Japan (if I can keep up! I'm slow!)


This is a screenshot of the biggest city in the country, just as rail became available (1872). It features some canal based ferries and horse drawn carriages to get people & mail around, and is doing quite well!
I had freight barges going down the canal too, which looked great, transporting the iron ore to larger freight ships at the dock.
Of course the steel mill destination closed shop before I could get the first shipment through. ●| ̄|_ Now using another natural river nearby (can see it just a bit there) to get it to another mill that just opened up inland. Also using natural rivers to move wood atm.

I'd like to spend more time here and try to build an Edo-styled mega city mainly operating by canal, but rail is calling!

----

Japan didn't actually have horse-drawn carriages around until 1868, so I'm very tempted to pixel some man-powered carts and palanquins & try to *gulp* make a GRF of my own. Not sure how I'd spec them, since they would be SLOW. Make up for it by being dirt cheap I suppose. Would like to make Japanese styled ships too for this early game.

Re: Random Screenshots

Posted: 07 Sep 2017 04:38
by kamnet
Pita wrote:Japan didn't actually have horse-drawn carriages around until 1868, so I'm very tempted to pixel some man-powered carts and palanquins & try to *gulp* make a GRF of my own. Not sure how I'd spec them, since they would be SLOW. Make up for it by being dirt cheap I suppose. Would like to make Japanese styled ships too for this early game.
There are a couple of NewGRFs that already have horse-powered carts (and even just horses) for these early years. Being slow and underpowered is OK. :)

Re: Random Screenshots

Posted: 08 Sep 2017 01:54
by Pita
kamnet wrote:
Pita wrote:Japan didn't actually have horse-drawn carriages around until 1868, so I'm very tempted to pixel some man-powered carts and palanquins & try to *gulp* make a GRF of my own. Not sure how I'd spec them, since they would be SLOW. Make up for it by being dirt cheap I suppose. Would like to make Japanese styled ships too for this early game.
There are a couple of NewGRFs that already have horse-powered carts (and even just horses) for these early years. Being slow and underpowered is OK. :)
Already using 'em! :)

Re: Random Screenshots

Posted: 09 Sep 2017 02:08
by Supercheese
Pita wrote:Japan didn't actually have horse-drawn carriages around until 1868, so I'm very tempted to pixel some man-powered carts and palanquins & try to *gulp* make a GRF of my own. Not sure how I'd spec them, since they would be SLOW. Make up for it by being dirt cheap I suppose. Would like to make Japanese styled ships too for this early game.
Yeah, I considered Rickshaws for Eyecandy Road Vehicles now and then over the years, but that idea never got off the ground. They would be very interesting additions for early games indeed!

Re: Random Screenshots

Posted: 22 Sep 2017 20:05
by Erato
I'm not sure if this is allowed, but I'm going to place it here anyway.
The 2CC set is, as you might know, one of the most extensive train sets. I have never really had an idea of just how many trains there were. When I found 2cc 1.0 earlier today I wanted to compare the two, which I did: With the first, orange row being 1.0 and the green rows being NML 2.0
Image
Ooh boy. That's a lot of trains.

Re: Random Screenshots

Posted: 22 Sep 2017 20:41
by Benny
Wow that's insane. :shock:

Re: Random Screenshots

Posted: 01 Dec 2017 12:59
by skyrish19
Erato wrote:I'm not sure if this is allowed, but I'm going to place it here anyway.
The 2CC set is, as you might know, one of the most extensive train sets. I have never really had an idea of just how many trains there were. When I found 2cc 1.0 earlier today I wanted to compare the two, which I did: With the first, orange row being 1.0 and the green rows being NML 2.0
Image
Ooh boy. That's a lot of trains.
That's a lot of it, btw i'm using that train set in my game, but the only trains that are missing in the trainset is the EuroStar (the British Rail Class 373), trains from the Philippines, some of the British trains such as the Deltic, Jinty and GEC Class 91 and futuristic trains

Also you forget the Metro trains and three maglev trains in the picture

Re: Random Screenshots

Posted: 28 Feb 2018 15:26
by Auga159
biggest junction on my uk map :oops:

Re: Random Screenshots

Posted: 02 Mar 2018 18:36
by Gwyd
Not really a screenshot, but a celebration of the recent weather...

Re: Random Screenshots

Posted: 04 Mar 2018 15:45
by Quast65
Gwyd wrote:Not really a screenshot, but a celebration of the recent weather...
Photoshopped? Or did you make snow-aware Dutch station platforms? :shock:

Regarding the shot, the stationmaster should have removed the snow in front of the underground access, thats a lawsuit waiting to happen... ;-)

Re: Random Screenshots

Posted: 04 Mar 2018 15:47
by Gwyd
Photoshopped. Although I would like to make the trains snow aware so you get snow thrown up and over the train, like you see in the picture

Re: Random Screenshots

Posted: 04 Mar 2018 17:43
by Quast65
Gwyd wrote:Photoshopped.
Ahh, too bad ;-) Like the design though, with the snow shoveled to the edges, Ill keep that in mind if I ever make the Dutch Stations snow-aware...
Although I would like to make the trains snow aware so you get snow thrown up and over the train, like you see in the picture
That could be quite difficult to do, I dont believe there are separate graphics for the trains moving or not moving, right? (as it would look a bit awkward with a waiting train throwing up snow ;-) )
Something might be done though by using the smoke/sparks-graphics...

Re: Random Screenshots

Posted: 04 Mar 2018 17:45
by Gwyd
I think you could get it to change gfx based on speed. Using stacked sprites makes this even easier. I've changed gfx on pretty much everything else by now... I'll try it soon. What I'm more worried about is working out if the train is above or below the snow line.

EDIT: it works. I can change gfx by speed. Now just the snowline problem...

Re: Random Screenshots

Posted: 05 Apr 2018 18:03
by TheCriminalViolin
Dictator AI used to be a simply great AI competitor, but I've found recently it has shifted and now does this, which is absolutely maddening and somewhat infuriating. Why oh WHY must it go out of it's way to raise the land to the extent that 2/3s of an ENTIRE, MASSIVE waterbody is filled in, just to finally settle, MONTHS IN GAME LATER on where they'll slap YET ANOTHER airport down? I think this would madden just about anyone who plays. I'd be surprised if it didn't.

Re: Random Screenshots

Posted: 05 Apr 2018 18:07
by TheCriminalViolin
TheCriminalViolin wrote:Dictator AI used to be a simply great AI competitor, but I've found recently it has shifted and now does this, which is absolutely maddening and somewhat infuriating. Why oh WHY must it go out of it's way to raise the land to the extent that 2/3s of an ENTIRE, MASSIVE waterbody is filled in, just to finally settle, MONTHS IN GAME LATER on where they'll slap YET ANOTHER airport down? I think this would madden just about anyone who plays. I'd be surprised if it didn't.
And since the attachments limit is three, here is the culprit of incident #2. Guess who! YEP, Dictator AI #2.