Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:26 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 911 posts ]  Go to page Previous 142 43 44 45 46
 Post subject: Re: Random Screenshots
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:36 am 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

A prototype.

Attachments:
sf.png [1.12 MiB]
Not downloaded yet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:52 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

luxtram wrote:
A prototype.

:shock: :bow:

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:17 pm 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Quast65 wrote:
luxtram wrote:
A prototype.

:shock: :bow:

Haha! Thanks! I will create a separate topic once it gets a little more refined.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:00 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

luxtram wrote:
A prototype.

That's a nice start!

Base Music Sets: OpenMSX | Scott Joplin Anthology | Traditional Winter Holiday Music | Modern Motion Music
Other Projects: 2CC Trams | Modern Waypoints | Sprite Sandbox & NewGRF Releases | Ideabox | Town Names | Isle of Sodor Scenario | Random Sprite Repository
Misc Topics: My Screenshots | Forgotten NewGRFs | Unfinished Graphics Sets | Stats Shack | RoadTypes?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:18 pm 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

LA

Attachments:
LA.png [745.3 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:26 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Comm Cody wrote:
Eh, I got three more showing just how drastic the changes of the seasons are. Think this is the first time I've finally gotten back into OpenTTD

These are some gorgeous landscapes! I wish my map was as mountainous as that...

----

I've just started playing OpenTTD for the first time this past week, although it's been on my radar of games to try for years. I'm fully absorbed in it! I don't last long on a map before I learn to do something better or find a GRF I want to use and start a new game. Hopefully this one lasts a bit longer.

I'm currently playing an early era Japan-styled map. Used a random heightmap generator to get something resembling Japan but unique, and started 10 years before first rail becomes available so that I would have time to hook up the map with sea/river/cart routes and map that feels alive before I get to work revolutionising it all with rail, kinda step-and-step with how it unfolded in Japan (if I can keep up! I'm slow!)

This is a screenshot of the biggest city in the country, just as rail became available (1872). It features some canal based ferries and horse drawn carriages to get people & mail around, and is doing quite well!
I had freight barges going down the canal too, which looked great, transporting the iron ore to larger freight ships at the dock.
Of course the steel mill destination closed shop before I could get the first shipment through. ●| ̄|_ Now using another natural river nearby (can see it just a bit there) to get it to another mill that just opened up inland. Also using natural rivers to move wood atm.

I'd like to spend more time here and try to build an Edo-styled mega city mainly operating by canal, but rail is calling!

----

Japan didn't actually have horse-drawn carriages around until 1868, so I'm very tempted to pixel some man-powered carts and palanquins & try to *gulp* make a GRF of my own. Not sure how I'd spec them, since they would be SLOW. Make up for it by being dirt cheap I suppose. Would like to make Japanese styled ships too for this early game.

Attachments:
Joso.png [2.33 MiB]
Not downloaded yet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:38 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Pita wrote:
Japan didn't actually have horse-drawn carriages around until 1868, so I'm very tempted to pixel some man-powered carts and palanquins & try to *gulp* make a GRF of my own. Not sure how I'd spec them, since they would be SLOW. Make up for it by being dirt cheap I suppose. Would like to make Japanese styled ships too for this early game.

There are a couple of NewGRFs that already have horse-powered carts (and even just horses) for these early years. Being slow and underpowered is OK. :)

Base Music Sets: OpenMSX | Scott Joplin Anthology | Traditional Winter Holiday Music | Modern Motion Music
Other Projects: 2CC Trams | Modern Waypoints | Sprite Sandbox & NewGRF Releases | Ideabox | Town Names | Isle of Sodor Scenario | Random Sprite Repository
Misc Topics: My Screenshots | Forgotten NewGRFs | Unfinished Graphics Sets | Stats Shack | RoadTypes?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:54 am 
Engineer
Engineer

kamnet wrote:
Pita wrote:

There are a couple of NewGRFs that already have horse-powered carts (and even just horses) for these early years. Being slow and underpowered is OK. :)

Already using 'em! :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:08 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Pita wrote:

Yeah, I considered Rickshaws for Eyecandy Road Vehicles now and then over the years, but that idea never got off the ground. They would be very interesting additions for early games indeed!

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:05 pm 
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

I'm not sure if this is allowed, but I'm going to place it here anyway.
The 2CC set is, as you might know, one of the most extensive train sets. I have never really had an idea of just how many trains there were. When I found 2cc 1.0 earlier today I wanted to compare the two, which I did: With the first, orange row being 1.0 and the green rows being NML 2.0
Ooh boy. That's a lot of trains.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:41 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Wow that's insane. :shock:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 911 posts ]  Go to page Previous 142 43 44 45 46