Random Screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Random Screenshots

Post by Quast65 »

luxtram wrote:A prototype.
:shock: :bow:
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
luxtram
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by luxtram »

Quast65 wrote:
luxtram wrote:A prototype.
:shock: :bow:
Haha! Thanks! I will create a separate topic once it gets a little more refined.
California City Sets viewtopic.php?t=76786
1000 building set viewtopic.php?t=75250
luxtram
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by luxtram »

LA
Attachments
LA.png
(745.3 KiB) Not downloaded yet
California City Sets viewtopic.php?t=76786
1000 building set viewtopic.php?t=75250
Pita
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Pita »

Comm Cody wrote:Eh, I got three more showing just how drastic the changes of the seasons are. Think this is the first time I've finally gotten back into OpenTTD
These are some gorgeous landscapes! I wish my map was as mountainous as that...

----

I've just started playing OpenTTD for the first time this past week, although it's been on my radar of games to try for years. I'm fully absorbed in it! I don't last long on a map before I learn to do something better or find a GRF I want to use and start a new game. Hopefully this one lasts a bit longer.

I'm currently playing an early era Japan-styled map. Used a random heightmap generator to get something resembling Japan but unique, and started 10 years before first rail becomes available so that I would have time to hook up the map with sea/river/cart routes and map that feels alive before I get to work revolutionising it all with rail, kinda step-and-step with how it unfolded in Japan (if I can keep up! I'm slow!)

This is a screenshot of the biggest city in the country, just as rail became available (1872). It features some canal based ferries and horse drawn carriages to get people & mail around, and is doing quite well!
I had freight barges going down the canal too, which looked great, transporting the iron ore to larger freight ships at the dock.
Of course the steel mill destination closed shop before I could get the first shipment through. ●| ̄|_ Now using another natural river nearby (can see it just a bit there) to get it to another mill that just opened up inland. Also using natural rivers to move wood atm.

I'd like to spend more time here and try to build an Edo-styled mega city mainly operating by canal, but rail is calling!

----

Japan didn't actually have horse-drawn carriages around until 1868, so I'm very tempted to pixel some man-powered carts and palanquins & try to *gulp* make a GRF of my own. Not sure how I'd spec them, since they would be SLOW. Make up for it by being dirt cheap I suppose. Would like to make Japanese styled ships too for this early game.
Attachments
Joso.png
(2.33 MiB) Not downloaded yet
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Pita wrote:Japan didn't actually have horse-drawn carriages around until 1868, so I'm very tempted to pixel some man-powered carts and palanquins & try to *gulp* make a GRF of my own. Not sure how I'd spec them, since they would be SLOW. Make up for it by being dirt cheap I suppose. Would like to make Japanese styled ships too for this early game.
There are a couple of NewGRFs that already have horse-powered carts (and even just horses) for these early years. Being slow and underpowered is OK. :)
Pita
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Pita »

kamnet wrote:
Pita wrote:Japan didn't actually have horse-drawn carriages around until 1868, so I'm very tempted to pixel some man-powered carts and palanquins & try to *gulp* make a GRF of my own. Not sure how I'd spec them, since they would be SLOW. Make up for it by being dirt cheap I suppose. Would like to make Japanese styled ships too for this early game.
There are a couple of NewGRFs that already have horse-powered carts (and even just horses) for these early years. Being slow and underpowered is OK. :)
Already using 'em! :)
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

Yeah, I considered Rickshaws for Eyecandy Road Vehicles now and then over the years, but that idea never got off the ground. They would be very interesting additions for early games indeed!
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
Erato
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Erato »

I'm not sure if this is allowed, but I'm going to place it here anyway.
The 2CC set is, as you might know, one of the most extensive train sets. I have never really had an idea of just how many trains there were. When I found 2cc 1.0 earlier today I wanted to compare the two, which I did: With the first, orange row being 1.0 and the green rows being NML 2.0
Ooh boy. That's a lot of trains.
No pics no clicks. Seriously.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

Wow that's insane. :shock:
skyrish19
Engineer
Engineer

Post by skyrish19 »

Erato wrote:I'm not sure if this is allowed, but I'm going to place it here anyway.
The 2CC set is, as you might know, one of the most extensive train sets. I have never really had an idea of just how many trains there were. When I found 2cc 1.0 earlier today I wanted to compare the two, which I did: With the first, orange row being 1.0 and the green rows being NML 2.0
Ooh boy. That's a lot of trains.
That's a lot of it, btw i'm using that train set in my game, but the only trains that are missing in the trainset is the EuroStar (the British Rail Class 373), trains from the Philippines, some of the British trains such as the Deltic, Jinty and GEC Class 91 and futuristic trains

Also you forget the Metro trains and three maglev trains in the picture
Auga159
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Auga159 »

biggest junction on my uk map :oops:
Attachments
Allan & Co., 29th Jun 1959.png
Allan & Co., 29th Jun 1959.png (99.14 KiB) Viewed 20085 times
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gwyd »

Not really a screenshot, but a celebration of the recent weather...
Attachments
SnOpenTTD.png
(181.83 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Gwyd wrote:Not really a screenshot, but a celebration of the recent weather...
Photoshopped? Or did you make snow-aware Dutch station platforms? :shock:

Regarding the shot, the stationmaster should have removed the snow in front of the underground access, thats a lawsuit waiting to happen... ;-)

All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gwyd »

Photoshopped. Although I would like to make the trains snow aware so you get snow thrown up and over the train, like you see in the picture
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Gwyd wrote:Photoshopped.
Ahh, too bad ;-) Like the design though, with the snow shoveled to the edges, Ill keep that in mind if I ever make the Dutch Stations snow-aware...
Although I would like to make the trains snow aware so you get snow thrown up and over the train, like you see in the picture
That could be quite difficult to do, I dont believe there are separate graphics for the trains moving or not moving, right? (as it would look a bit awkward with a waiting train throwing up snow ;-) )
Something might be done though by using the smoke/sparks-graphics...

Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gwyd »

I think you could get it to change gfx based on speed. Using stacked sprites makes this even easier. I've changed gfx on pretty much everything else by now... I'll try it soon. What I'm more worried about is working out if the train is above or below the snow line.

EDIT: it works. I can change gfx by speed. Now just the snowline problem...
TheCriminalViolin
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TheCriminalViolin »

Dictator AI used to be a simply great AI competitor, but I've found recently it has shifted and now does this, which is absolutely maddening and somewhat infuriating. Why oh WHY must it go out of it's way to raise the land to the extent that 2/3s of an ENTIRE, MASSIVE waterbody is filled in, just to finally settle, MONTHS IN GAME LATER on where they'll slap YET ANOTHER airport down? I think this would madden just about anyone who plays. I'd be surprised if it didn't.
Attachments
This is not okay
This is not okay
2018-04-02 10_38_52-OpenTTD 1.7.0.png (398.44 KiB) Viewed 11264 times
The first culprit, Dictator AI #1...
The first culprit, Dictator AI #1...
2018-04-02 10_39_25-OpenTTD 1.7.0.png (63.19 KiB) Viewed 19613 times
Almost immediately after Dictator AI #1 finished doing this (of which I had to then lower all the land they raised, because they never lower it again), this happens...
Almost immediately after Dictator AI #1 finished doing this (of which I had to then lower all the land they raised, because they never lower it again), this happens...
2018-04-02 10_43_30-OpenTTD 1.7.0.png (132.67 KiB) Viewed 11264 times
-Danny, TheCriminalViolin

YouTube Channel: http://youtube.com/c/thecriminalviolinGAMES/
Twitter (BEWARE THE SPAM AND OCCASIONAL RANTS) http://twitter.com/rumproast/

In the land of TriMess, you either choose to be stuck in traffic for over an hour, or, rely on TriMet, only to encounter constantly late buses, broken down buses, drivers ignoring waiting riders, or, light rail trains ran as commuter trains that consistently encounter switch, light and lift issues. According to them and the rest of the government run transit agencies, it's the world's "Transit Mecca". Europe, save us, please.
TheCriminalViolin
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TheCriminalViolin »

TheCriminalViolin wrote:Dictator AI used to be a simply great AI competitor, but I've found recently it has shifted and now does this, which is absolutely maddening and somewhat infuriating. Why oh WHY must it go out of it's way to raise the land to the extent that 2/3s of an ENTIRE, MASSIVE waterbody is filled in, just to finally settle, MONTHS IN GAME LATER on where they'll slap YET ANOTHER airport down? I think this would madden just about anyone who plays. I'd be surprised if it didn't.
And since the attachments limit is three, here is the culprit of incident #2. Guess who! YEP, Dictator AI #2.
Attachments
The culprit of incident #2? Guess who! YEP, Dictator AI #2. Immediately after the other. I will likely never use the AI again until this is fixed/gotten rid of, as I cannot stand it. It wasn't there for a couple years, but now it is.
The culprit of incident #2? Guess who! YEP, Dictator AI #2. Immediately after the other. I will likely never use the AI again until this is fixed/gotten rid of, as I cannot stand it. It wasn't there for a couple years, but now it is.
2018-04-02 10_40_52-OpenTTD 1.7.0.png (97.35 KiB) Viewed 19613 times
-Danny, TheCriminalViolin

YouTube Channel: http://youtube.com/c/thecriminalviolinGAMES/
Twitter (BEWARE THE SPAM AND OCCASIONAL RANTS) http://twitter.com/rumproast/

In the land of TriMess, you either choose to be stuck in traffic for over an hour, or, rely on TriMet, only to encounter constantly late buses, broken down buses, drivers ignoring waiting riders, or, light rail trains ran as commuter trains that consistently encounter switch, light and lift issues. According to them and the rest of the government run transit agencies, it's the world's "Transit Mecca". Europe, save us, please.
willsym22
Engineer
Engineer

Post by willsym22 »

london esque area.PNG
(2.64 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Here is my sort of london like railway, been on this map since 2015 in-game time.

I generally play this game for nice looking networks that look vaguely realistic rather than networks that are extremely efficient and profitable, as some of my decisions may seem a little strange but their deliberate.

Return to “Screenshots”