[TTDP/OTTD] Raichase's Official Screenshot Thread

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Excellent!

Post by XeryusTC »

Raichase wrote:I hope you like my current station experiments. I'm waiting for Michael to tell me to stop mixing platform styles :tongue:
Stop mixing platform styles! Station look better IMO when they're one style. (Yes, I know I'm not Michael)

And for everything else, I can't wait to see you using the Modern stations ;).
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

XeryusTC wrote:And for everything else, I can't wait to see you using the Modern stations ;).
Which ones are those? I only really use "rural" "default" "MB" and "basic platforms" for passenger stations. Until Aegir gets off his bum anyway :)).

EDIT: Added a screenie. Born Acorn! Those station buffers for the default stations are awesome, now we need more variations of those platforms :].
Attachments
SCR4.png
SCR4.png (21.05 KiB) Viewed 3854 times
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Raichase wrote:
XeryusTC wrote:And for everything else, I can't wait to see you using the Modern stations ;).
Which ones are those? I only really use "rural" "default" "MB" and "basic platforms" for passenger stations. Until Aegir gets off his bum anyway :)).
Look here to find out what the Modern Stations are. I'm currently coding Berlin Hauptbahnhof (or whatever it is called).
And there are plenty more station sets now, I think A LOT of them are even coded by Aegir. I suggest you take a look at grfcrawler.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

You like?

XeryusTC, I took a look at that topic, and while the stations are nice, I just don't have stations that big! I'll certainly take a look when they are released, but my stations are never so grand.

As to grfcrawler, I did as you suggested, and the only one there I noticed was the Suburban Set, which, AFAIK hasn't been updated to Aegirs latest standard of coding.

Has it?
Attachments
SCR5.png
SCR5.png (50.79 KiB) Viewed 3776 times
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
ImageImage
Two5Kid
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Two5Kid »

You're going to make Michael really angry with that last pic of yours, mixing and matching the two different rail sets.
Any dream worth having,
Is a dream worth fighting for!
Martin
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Martin »

I think he might get over it
(well, I hope so, I do that as well sometimes. :wink: )
:)
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

Martin wrote:I think he might get over it
(well, I hope so, I do that as well sometimes. :wink: )
Dito :wink: And Raichase' mixing of different station sets looks good to me so why we should not do that, from a players view?
Denke nie gedacht zu haben, denn das Denken der Gedanken ist gedankenloses Denken.
Wiki Page/Talk, Member of the OpenTTD Scenarios Team
Looking for OpenTTD scenarios? - Here's a List of player-made scenarios. Please help us grow the database with your contributions.
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

Two5Kid wrote:You're going to make Michael really angry with that last pic of yours, mixing and matching the two different rail sets.
Well, surely the old platform has been extended? Maybe the concrete was wearing out so one part has been relayed so its a slightly different shade? :wink:
Jim Powers
President
President

Mix station sets.

Post by Jim Powers »

Mr. Two5Kid;

Do you really think Mr. Blunck is that sensitive? This man is way above that. His genius works
are definitely proof of that. I also mix RR stations with my HQ, Airports, etc. and never gave it
a thought that others would be offended. :?

And Mr. Raichase , of course you are among those geniuses too, you know.

Always,
Jim Powers
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Re: Mix station sets.

Post by Raichase »

Jim Powers wrote:Do you really think Mr. Blunck is that sensitive? This man is way above that. His genius works
are definitely proof of that. I also mix RR stations with my HQ, Airports, etc. and never gave it
a thought that others would be offended. :?
Sorry Jim, I think Two5Kid was kidding ;).

Michael and I have had a long running joke about my combining of graphics sets and styles in my games, hence my line at the end, intended as a joke for him to understand :tongue:
And Mr. Raichase , of course you are among those geniuses too, you know.
I certainly hope you add yourself to your list, because we couldn't take nice screenies without nice maps to play on :)).
ImageImage
Jim Powers
President
President

Thanks

Post by Jim Powers »

Mr. Raichase;

Wow, I'm glad all's well with you two. I sure don't want any of the crap we got ourselves into
last summer, Ugh! Now, I feel that since it is OK, I will continue without anyone feeling less
than happy.

(And, Big guy, you are way too kind about me.)

Always,
Jim Powers
Two5Kid
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Two5Kid »

Oh :oops: Guess I'll have to keep to myself now and only post in my thread. :roll: Yeah, I've seen the aftermath of that particular fallout.
Any dream worth having,
Is a dream worth fighting for!
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Two5Kid wrote:Oh :oops: Guess I'll have to keep to myself now and only post in my thread. :roll: Yeah, I've seen the aftermath of that particular fallout.
Heh, no blood, no foul. Harmless misunderstanding :)).
ImageImage
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Raichase wrote:EDIT: Added a screenie. Born Acorn! Those station buffers for the default stations are awesome, now we need more variations of those platforms :].
You've given me ideas! Ideas that may become reality!
Dave

Post by Dave »

Well.

Mixing of platform styles is common in Britain.

Have a Google of Wolverhampton. Platforms 1, 2 and 3 all brutalist 1960s. Platform 4 and the new footbridge are a totally different era of design!

I've seen it elsewhere too.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Martin
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Martin »

Raichase wrote:
Two5Kid wrote:Oh :oops: Guess I'll have to keep to myself now and only post in my thread. :roll: Yeah, I've seen the aftermath of that particular fallout.
Heh, no blood, no foul. Harmless misunderstanding :)).
Exactly, there's nothing to worry about at all.
:)
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Dave Worley wrote:Well.

Mixing of platform styles is common in Britain.
Sydney too, especially, as they are constantly extending stations/resurfacing bits of them, and you end up with a horrible mess of styles. It's only when they completely knock down a station and rebuild it from the ground up do you get a cohesive style (eg Chatswood Station)
ImageImage
Pookey
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Pookey »

Parramatta is a good example. Half the platforms are really old and the other half has been extended and is all shiny and 'pretty'. :)
Posted by Pookey...

For Information on TTD Patch Click Here
For Information on Building a Network (FAST) Click Here
For Information on Building a Network as a Challenge (SLOW) Click Here
For Help on the Different Signalling Types Click Here
Before Asking a Question, Please use the Forums Search Function Here and if you do Ask a Question, Please Provide as much Detail as Possible.
If you do not get a Crash Log when TTDPatch Crashes, Follow the Olly Debug Instructions Here and Post the Resulting Screenshot with your Problem.

Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Pookey wrote:Parramatta is a good example. Half the platforms are really old and the other half has been extended and is all shiny and 'pretty'. :)
It's such an ugly station.

Anyway, I've got to start a new game (I 'dozed some stuff by mistake, and I can't be stuffed picking up the pieces in my current game), so expect more screenies soon.
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Here is a nice shot from my current game (the one involving the UKRS guide). I couldn't find a spot for it in the guide, so here it is.

ImageImage

Return to “Screenshots”