[TTDP/OTTD] Raichase's Official Screenshot Thread

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Andehtw
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Andehtw »

Ooooh I wish Penrith was that big in real life XD, Also did I spot someone else from here? Someone of you might remember my brother who posted from about 1999-2000 By the name of Paul Wright.
Anyways nice shots!
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Heh, sorry guys.

I went away on holiday to Canberra (nations capital) for the weekend with some mates, so I couldn't play TTD at all.

I did take some REAL LIFE train photos though :))
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Just a couple of on-the-fly screenies from my latest game. Remains to be seeen how long this game lasts :D.

Map originally made for the next DBXL release, but playtesting the map now with the UKRS and UKRSI.
Attachments
Heh, change to buses, suckers!
Heh, change to buses, suckers!
SCR639.png (55.49 KiB) Viewed 4950 times
Trains!
Trains!
SCR638.png (49.65 KiB) Viewed 4950 times
Ooh, never seen that happen before...
Ooh, never seen that happen before...
SCR637.png (13.4 KiB) Viewed 4950 times
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Currently playing a SECRET GAME for the purposes of testing something SECRET, but here is a fun shot I captured while watching my planes circling...
Attachments
Where baby planes come from...
Where baby planes come from...
SCR677.png (4.71 KiB) Viewed 4748 times
ImageImage
officer dibble
Engineer
Engineer

Post by officer dibble »

Raichase on the mix :!: :P :P

More stuninng screenies Guvnor. 8)

Please keep them coming they are great 8) :D . I am still stuck playing TTDX with no patch coz I cant load it up, therefore no lovely new trains, airport etc :evil: :evil:
Dave

Post by Dave »

WHAT'S THIS SECRET!?
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

I have two ideas as to what it could be, but im not telling incase they are right.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

It's once again time we played, guess which part of the station is the original part!

Bedworth (a really pain in the backside town to work with) needed an upgrade. Originally built as part of the first southern railway line, and originally the terminus, it's currently had a surge of patronage (mostly due to the industry to the east). Thus, in 1956, it's station was greatly expanded.

However, the new design doesn't quite match the original station, and as most of the funds allocated were used to bribe the stupid town, all of the original platforms (save for the buffers) remain...
Attachments
Guess that platform!
Guess that platform!
SCR15.png (58.55 KiB) Viewed 4433 times
ImageImage
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

Dave Worley wrote:WHAT'S THIS SECRET!?
Rai has been known to test MB's material from time to time... :roll:
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
Jim Powers
President
President

Platforms

Post by Jim Powers »

Mr. Raichase;

How's my Friend? I believe those are the Canadian Platforms, with a section from
the "Clay" platforms.

BTW, if you get a chance, would you post "The Tokyo Experience" on my first page
scenario list? Thanks, Buddy. This 'screenie' posts are a lot of fun and you do it best, Sir. :wink:

Always,
Jim Powers
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Re: Platforms

Post by Raichase »

After much to-ing and fro-ing, I finally demolished the mainlines leading into my main terminus, to replace them with this rather fancy flying junction. Downside to this, is now we can get more trains than ever into the too-small terminus... So, no problems solved yet, but it looks cool!

It's currently devoid of trains because it's just opened. Eventually, all the services I canned will return!
Jim Powers wrote:I believe those are the Canadian Platforms, with a section from
the "Clay" platforms.
We have a winner :D.

You win a screenie for the forums... one I was about to post anyway ;).
BTW, if you get a chance, would you post "The Tokyo Experience" on my first page
scenario list? Thanks, Buddy. This 'screenie' posts are a lot of fun and you do it best, Sir. :wink:
No worries, I'll get right on it :D
Attachments
SCR17.png
SCR17.png (135.09 KiB) Viewed 839 times
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Ever since av8 came out, I've been slowly testing it, feeling the waters, and getting used to using planes again. You know, without going bankrupt.

I've settled on the following colour-schemes for my planes:

Dark Blue/Red based on Virgin Blue
Red/White based on Qantas
Green/Grey based on... well, nothing else looked good!

(EDIT: Note, I'm not trying to get the planes to wear the same liveries as in RL, thats just where my colour choices come from)

I'll hopefully show you some pictures of my planes.

First, a bit of background. Currently, the company is in 1960. Large airports have been built at Bath, Lancing, Gillingham and Brampton (just north of Stockton), all large towns in various corners of the map.

The main route, between Bath and Lancing is now run purely by 707's, on trial from Boeing. The (4) L-188's they supersede have been transferred to running less important routes, supplemented by a recent purchase of 5 SE-210's. 1 of the L-188's was refitted to carry valuables between Bath and Lancing. A couple of Vickers Viscounts, purchased back in 1955 as a trial for regional aircraft, supplement the SE-210's and the LE-188's. A trio of DC-3's run the route between Stockton and Lancing, Stockton being a station at the end of a very long rail journey from Bath.

In the first picture, you can see Bath Airport. Just landing is one of the two Vickers Viscounts, while two SE-210's load and taxi around. A 707 loads passengers bound for Landing in the third bay.

In the second screenie, you can see an L-188 preparing to land at Brampton airport, on the edge of town.

The third shot is the map.
Attachments
SCR23.png
SCR23.png (37.01 KiB) Viewed 814 times
SCR22.png
SCR22.png (80.51 KiB) Viewed 4291 times
SCR20.png
SCR20.png (160.73 KiB) Viewed 798 times
ImageImage
SuperTycoon
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SuperTycoon »

Any chance of some screens of that station at Lancing? :wink: From the map it looked as though it might be quite interesting.
Train-a-Mania
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Train-a-Mania »

In the top picture, it looks as if the airplane has landed in a field.
Nick - Creator of the virtual railroading review series:

Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Train-a-Mania wrote:In the top picture, it looks as if the airplane has landed in a field.
RPharazon WAS last seen piloting it...
ImageImage
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Raichase wrote:
Jim Powers wrote:I believe those are the Canadian Platforms, with a section from
the "Clay" platforms.
Eiiiigh! Wrong!

They're limestone!

Although in everything Cornelius wrote in his little descriptions in his .psd's, he called them dirt platforms.

I still say they look far more like limestone 8).

And don't worry, those beauties of Cornelius' are going to have their day in the sun again, Immah workin' on it :).
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Aegir wrote:
Raichase wrote:
the "Clay" platforms.
Eiiiigh! Wrong!

They're limestone!
Piffle. Here in outback NSW, a lot of rural stations used them, and they were clay too :tongue:.

I have never seen a limestone platform IRL or in a photo though...
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Random Canuck Madness at Bath Central Station:
Attachments
SCR27.png
SCR27.png (274.16 KiB) Viewed 769 times
ImageImage
Jim Powers
President
President

Excellent!

Post by Jim Powers »

Mr. Raichase;

Well, when it's all said and done, there's only one Raichase! Great stations my friend, good stuff! :wink:

Always,
Jim Powers
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Re: Excellent!

Post by Raichase »

Jim Powers wrote:Well, when it's all said and done, there's only one Raichase! Great stations my friend, good stuff! :wink:
Thanks Jim :))

I hope you like my current station experiments. I'm waiting for Michael to tell me to stop mixing platform styles :tongue:
Attachments
SCR3.png
SCR3.png (64.33 KiB) Viewed 3553 times
SCR2.png
SCR2.png (26.67 KiB) Viewed 3553 times
SCR1.png
SCR1.png (52.53 KiB) Viewed 3554 times
ImageImage

Return to “Screenshots”