[TTDP/OTTD] Raichase's Official Screenshot Thread

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Here are a couple of "support shots", which show the parts of the map that the metal snakes have not yet reached, be it due to expense, lack of demand, or just plain geography. The next two shots are prime examples of how Geography can be a major sticking point.

First one being Kandersteg. The Clay Pit here is one of the major suppliers of Berns Brickworks, and many a ship is seen sailing from here. There is also a moderate bus service in place to the towns to the south, as well as to the railway line in the south. However, for people wishing to travel, they may hop on the daily ferry over to Bern, catch a bus from the ferry-wharf to the station, and then change to a train that will take them almost anywhere in the world! So, with the conveniences of the rail system so easy to get to, they are lucky they can still maintain the idyllic quiet coastal town life.

Gurtnellen is almost impossible to access by rail. Located south-west of Kandersteg, it is crammed in between the mountains and the coast. A once daily ferry connects the town to Bern, and a bus service goes to the east, to Altdorf, as well as to Spreitenbach Railway Station. This town is very old, as well as the ferry, which has been in service since the late 20's.

Finally, a shot of Bern itself. Showing the times have changed, gone is the 2-6-4 often seen waiting on the terminus platform. Now, it is far more likely to be a Class 20, 24, 25 or a Metro-Cammell. Sometimes even a Class 37. The express' through here are no longer hauled by A4's, but now by Deltics. Due to the proximity to the coast, the brickworks is slowly being surrounded by high-rises now. If not for the ready source of clay at Amsteg, it would have long ago been bought out by Bern, and demolished to make way for more housing. Some say it's only a matter of time...
Attachments
SCR215.png
SCR215.png (41.75 KiB) Viewed 7064 times
SCR214.png
SCR214.png (39.12 KiB) Viewed 7064 times
SCR213.png
SCR213.png (158.61 KiB) Viewed 825 times
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

Good to see that the sh*ty little place called Gurtnellen is giving you a hard time. That was exactly my intention when I placed it there. :twisted:
*** Ce French Train Set ***
*** Visit my transport related pictures on Flickr ***
ImageImageImageImageImage
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
"A committee is a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done" (Fred Allen 1894-1956 US radio comic).
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

That clay unloading dock at Bern reminds me of the Boral plant at West End in Brisbane. The river dredgers would unload sand into a large, funnel-shaped dock. It would then be carried on an underground conveyor belt under the road and across to the works.
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

PikkaBird wrote:That clay unloading dock at Bern reminds me of the Boral plant at West End in Brisbane. The river dredgers would unload sand into a large, funnel-shaped dock. It would then be carried on an underground conveyor belt under the road and across to the works.
I was hoping people would see it like that, and not as some random dock in the middle of nowhere. In this case, the goods must be coming up onto the docks from under the road. The clay is unloaded at the seperate dock to the east of the brickworks, and is pulled into the main works by Class 08 shunter.

EDIT: Me being the ever-aware business man that I am, I tried to convince Aegir to buy/rent out the apartment block in the first shot
#tycoon wrote:[14:30] <Raichase> okay, imagine how cheap the rent would be in this apartment block:
[14:30] <Raichase> check that waterside location folks!
[14:30] <Raichase> ignore the MASSIVE NOISE POLLUTION
[14:30] <Aegir> Cool, I'll take it, Raichase!
[14:31] <Aegir> Just make that station a lil prettier, and I'll move in immediatly!
[14:31] <Raichase> thats a goods station :|
[14:31] <Raichase> it's for unloading clay, and loading bricks (that resemble plywood)
[14:31] <Aegir> Prettier! Atm it's just bare bloody platforms
[14:38] <Raichase> whoo, now the brickworks station looks like some seedy industrial area
[14:38] <Raichase> only without the graffiti
[14:38] <Aegir> Woot, now, what's the rent going to be for that block?
[14:38] <Aegir> $75 a week? :P
[14:39] <Raichase> why not :P
[14:39] <Aegir> That's what flats/rental properties near industrial areas typically get
[14:39] <Aegir> Hahah
[14:39] <Aegir> Now theres no bloody view :P
[14:39] * Raichase nods
[14:39] <Raichase> well, you didn't like bare platforms, and those sheds are the only bits from the set to go with MB's platforms...
[14:40] <Aegir> HEh, true
[14:40] <Raichase> I think the warehouse doors opening onto the street are a nice touch :)
You can see the "upgrade" to the station in the second shot. I think it's an improvement :)).
Attachments
SCR220.png
SCR220.png (63.03 KiB) Viewed 7037 times
SCR219.png
SCR219.png (43.47 KiB) Viewed 7038 times
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
ImageImage
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

But theres no bloody view! How am I supposed to watch the trains now?
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
Tristar
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tristar »

Wonderful screenshots there Raichase. I'm actually playing the same scenario as you but with the DB Set, it certainly is a challenge. I tried to post a screenshot in the appropriate thread, but I'm still getting the hang of it. :mrgreen:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 1000 character limit
Griff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Griff »

Which set do those depots come from in the second screenshot?
Ukončete, prosím, výstup a nástup, dveře se zavírají
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

jpmaster wrote:Which set do those depots come from in the second screenshot?
Those are not depots. Those are train stations. AFAIK I know they are made by Aegir. Dunno exacly are thay realeased but look in here
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

They are drawn by Born Acorn, and coded by yours truly. They are a bit buggy, prone to clipping errors and the like.

They can be downloaded here: http://aegir.bur.st/files/ttd/index.php ... ion%20Sets

(brickfreight.grf and brickfreightw.grf)
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Started a new game, to fiddle around the the latest UKRSI. Currently in 1935, and I'm amazed with my own progress.

During the early 30's, and due to The Great Depression, a new need to get gold, silver and other valubles, as well as money, from bank to bank, took on a new level of importance. Especially where security was concerned.

Noting that Raichase Transport had an existing freight line between Harningbury and Rendington more or less established (at this stage, mostly used by iron trains, although the occasional steel or coal train was seen), a contract was offered, along with additional funding initially for the hiring of additional security, to move all manner of valubles between the two banks.

Raichase Transport accepted, and in the first shot, you can see the chosen 2-6-4 tank engine chosen to haul the new train. The train also consisted of three high-security baggage coaches, converted to allow a guard in each one, as well as bars on the windows. At the back of the train was an old guard van, used to house additional security personelle.

Followed by the second shot, which shows the train moving from the iron branch onto the main freight line, holding up an 0-8-0 tender engine with a rake of empty bolster wagons.

The third shot shows where the mainline meets with the passenger line, as well as the branch down from the brickworks. Currently the clay trains struggle up the grades here behind ages 0-6-0 goods engines, each one only able to haul 4 wagons of clay, plus the guards van. Problem is, the clay pit isn't able to sustain longer trains, and thus the line isn't profitable enough to upgrade the locos.
Attachments
SCR237.png
SCR237.png (76.03 KiB) Viewed 6681 times
SCR236.png
SCR236.png (28.32 KiB) Viewed 6679 times
SCR235.png
SCR235.png (43.8 KiB) Viewed 6679 times
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Final shot here shows the train pulling into the new, rather unsecure platform at Harningbury. Security on the train is tight, but there is nothing on the platform but the occasional patch of coal dust...
Attachments
SCR238.png
SCR238.png (44.39 KiB) Viewed 6675 times
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Here's a sample shot of the map I am working on. Kudos to Skiddleskiddles for the name. Check back, as I'll edit this post till it's got 3 images before making a new post.
Attachments
SCR241.png
SCR241.png (50.7 KiB) Viewed 926 times
SCR242.png
SCR242.png (63.97 KiB) Viewed 881 times
ImageImage
Marshy
Director
Director

Post by Marshy »

That looks ace, you better post that scenario once it's done. :D
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

Fort Lyons must be a great place to live, with an explosion rocking the whole valley ever fifteen minutes... 8)

I guess that ear plugs and new windows are the best sold properties in town. Those dealers are gonna be driving round in Porsche's soon.
*** Ce French Train Set ***
*** Visit my transport related pictures on Flickr ***
ImageImageImageImageImage
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
"A committee is a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done" (Fred Allen 1894-1956 US radio comic).
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Looks quite nice Raichase.
I see it'll be using the new UKRSI from Pikka then? :D

So what can we expect to seee, most towns linked up with Roads?
Some interesting Industry placements, maybe a town called "RaiVille"? :lol:

I also recently found time to make one island of my scenerio again...
(I lost it due formatting the wrong partition). :cry:

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Marshy wrote:That looks ace, you better post that scenario once it's done. Very Happy
Hehe, of course I will. Simultanious with my starting a game on it, o/c, so that everyone can enjoy it at the same time as myself.
The Irish wrote:Fort Lyons must be a great place to live, with an explosion rocking the whole valley ever fifteen minutes... 8)
WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

Oh, sorry about that. Yeah, the people there have grown up around the mines and quarries, and only live there because they have everything provided for them by the mining company.
The Irish wrote:I guess that ear plugs and new windows are the best sold properties in town. Those dealers are gonna be driving round in Porsche's soon.
Haha. Well, the deaf folks working there don't need earplugs, but the glazers are kept very busy. Perhaps that will prompt Pikka to make a "Sand Pit" and "Glassworks" Industry, to produce "Goods (Glass)" :tongue:

Lakie - Expect to see most towns linked by road, but nothing crazy. Everything is still rather isolated, only having connections with their neighbours. Sure there might be dirt-highways and old-tracks between towns, but nothing fit for proper, heavy road transport.

Realistic Industry placement, hopefully, and using British names I steal from Wikipedia :tongue:. Just a couple of Skiddles-inspired ones, like Bakers Corner and Fort Lyons* mixed in. Also, WhiteHand came up with a couple of gems.

* - Funny story, he was critising the TTD town names, and was saying "Fort this" and "Fort that" and then "Fort >:3" or something, and I said "Fort Lyons it is then". Now he's ticked because he can't snaffle it for his own game :tongue:.
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Update - She's a goer.

Have some screenies.
Attachments
Also some small towns built to serve industries in special locations.
Also some small towns built to serve industries in special locations.
SCR245.png (51.38 KiB) Viewed 851 times
...another largish town
...another largish town
SCR244.png (77.36 KiB) Viewed 847 times
Viva le Industrial Revolution! The larger towns on the map are usually supporting more than one industry.
Viva le Industrial Revolution! The larger towns on the map are usually supporting more than one industry.
SCR243.png (45.73 KiB) Viewed 867 times
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

More...

(Download here)
Attachments
Rawr.
Rawr.
SCR249.png (23.67 KiB) Viewed 6252 times
Town map...
Town map...
SCR247.png (28.63 KiB) Viewed 838 times
Industry Map...
Industry Map...
SCR248.png (23.39 KiB) Viewed 855 times
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Here's a shot of Harlow in 1929. The link between the terminus and the mainline is so that the branch train can return to Bakers Cove for servicing when needed, as Harlow is so close to Bakers Cove that it doesn't warrent spending the money on a locomotive depot here.

(EDIT: Also added a shot of Bakers Cove, circa 1930)

(EDIT again: Added a shot of Surrey Heath Abattoir, circa 1930. A 0-8-0 usually runs the meat service from Surrey Heath into Bakers Cove, and here it is seen loading at the first platform, as a cattle train from Barrow-in-Furness Farm arrives on the second platform, pushed by an 0-6-0 tank.)
Attachments
SCR252.png
SCR252.png (87.65 KiB) Viewed 826 times
SCR253.png
SCR253.png (146.75 KiB) Viewed 800 times
SCR254.png
SCR254.png (63.95 KiB) Viewed 794 times
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Was discussing how to tackle this map with DanMacK on IRC, who mentioned bridging the river. This is a pretty smart, but potentially very expensive gambit. Myself on the other hand, have opted to challenge myself by only crossing the river by bridge at places where there already road bridges established. The idea of this being that the river is potentially too deep to allow for a bridge at other places.

Here's a nice shot demonstating the two ways to cross the river. An HP42 is flying overhead with a load of mail bound for Bakers Cove, wheras a cargo ship, normally used for carrying livestock, is heading back from Surrey Heath Abattoir.

Amusingly enough, this screeenie contains nothing but water and two vehicles. Yet, it shows two of the biggest money makers :)).
Attachments
SCR259.png
SCR259.png (4.36 KiB) Viewed 6025 times
ImageImage

Return to “Screenshots”