[TTDP/OTTD] Raichase's Official Screenshot Thread

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Jupix
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Jupix »

O' master, what treeset is that if I may ask? (and pardon me if it has been asked already...)
#################
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

It's SAC's Stolen Trees, look for a post of her for her website address as the GRF can't be found on grfcrawler.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

Think you need to look through her big thread in the TTDP 'Graphics' section. I dont believe its on her website.
Jupix
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Jupix »

This, I presume.
Thanks!
#################
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Glad your question was answered Jupix :)).

Just a photo of my 6-car Metro-Cammell doing some inter-urban work on the Coventry line, just in from the Western Coast of the map. Coventry itself is most unremarkable (barely able to muster up a single passenger), but there are these two very profitable towns on the way, and Coventry is a nice quiet place to turn trains around at.
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Two5Kid
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Two5Kid »

I'm waiting for the Metro-Cammell to be available on my network guide game. :P Seems like running 4-4-0s, 0-6-0s and 4-6-0s as passenger/mail service isn't at all great.
Any dream worth having,
Is a dream worth fighting for!
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Two5Kid wrote:I'm waiting for the Metro-Cammell to be available on my network guide game. :P Seems like running 4-4-0s, 0-6-0s and 4-6-0s as passenger/mail service isn't at all great.
Steam costs too much - provided you can afford the hardware, swap to diesel :tongue:
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
ImageImage
Martin
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Martin »

Brilliant screenies again Rai!

It's so good to get ideas from other people's ways of playing/building or station configurations you hadn't thought of etc (of course this also applies to the excellent network guides we've been seeing lately.)

(As an example I've downloaded those trees as well, I must remember to use those in my next game!)

EDIT: Also, I've noticed in my last couple of games just how much trouble I had making a profit with short steam trains on branch lines or local services, I was relieved to see how much better it was when the DMUs were introduced. :)
:)
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

DMU's and EMU's are probably some of my favoured trains when playing TTD, although thats partially due to where I come from - all of our current passenger services here in NSW are hauled by a DMU or an EMU, except for the XPT's (which are the same as the UK HST cosmetically, so they look like a MU)

Below is a shot I caught while watching my new service run around, to see if it would be profitable, and to see if a second train would be needed (it is). It's simple, but it looks nice to me, so I share it :)).
Attachments
SCR245.png
SCR245.png (79.53 KiB) Viewed 3113 times
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Another screenie, this one taken later than the first (and thus in a seperate post, so that subscribers to the thread who have seen the first one, won't miss the second one), about 2002.

I love high speed rail travel :D
Attachments
SCR273.png
SCR273.png (102.5 KiB) Viewed 3068 times
ImageImage
Jim Powers
President
President

That's a pretty picture

Post by Jim Powers »

Mr. Raichase;

Man, that's a pretty picture you have there. I love those trees. Are they available yet?
If so, I'd sure like to include them in my grf files. And as always, an excellent screenshot. :wink:

Always,
Jim Powers
Sleepie
Director
Director

Re: That's a pretty picture

Post by Sleepie »

Very nice screenies as always Raichase :)
Jim Powers wrote: I love those trees. Are they available yet?
If so, I'd sure like to include them in my grf files.
Yes, there are. Those are SAC's trees, you can find the grf in this thread.

Sleepie
Denke nie gedacht zu haben, denn das Denken der Gedanken ist gedankenloses Denken.
Wiki Page/Talk, Member of the OpenTTD Scenarios Team
Looking for OpenTTD scenarios? - Here's a List of player-made scenarios. Please help us grow the database with your contributions.
Bastiaan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Bastiaan »

I have really enjoyed your "Building an empire"-story. It´s very realistic. Well done!
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Thanks guys :)).

Hows this for lucky? My new 92 arrives with a full rake of coal hoppers... and...
Attachments
SCR284.png
SCR284.png (146.23 KiB) Viewed 494 times
SCR286.png
SCR286.png (89.24 KiB) Viewed 2922 times
ImageImage
Jim Powers
President
President

Trees

Post by Jim Powers »

Mr. Raichase;

You always are 'on target' Sir. Thanks for sharing.

Mr. Sleepie, Thank you for letting me know where I could get the tree grf, Sir.
I'm putting a screenie of one of my upcoming, but as yet, not completed scenarios of
"Cool Colorado" in my topic thread, WITH those beautiful trees grfs. (I'll always miss
the wonderful artist, Ms. SAC, who has left us.) :cry:

Always,
Jim Powers
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Thanks Jim, glad you could find those trees :)). Everyone here is so quick to help!
Attachments
It's true that oil is a big industry...
It's true that oil is a big industry...
SCR314.png (38.33 KiB) Viewed 2887 times
ImageImage
Sleepie
Director
Director

Re: Trees

Post by Sleepie »

Jim Powers wrote: Mr. Sleepie, Thank you for letting me know where I could get the tree grf, Sir.
I'm putting a screenie of one of my upcoming, but as yet, not completed scenarios of
"Cool Colorado" in my topic thread, WITH those beautiful trees grfs. (I'll always miss
the wonderful artist, Ms. SAC, who has left us.) :cry:

Always,
Jim Powers
I'm glad I could help you Jim. I'm always impressed by your great scenarios, I'll have a look at the screenie.
And, yes it's too bad that SAC has left us :cry:, but she currently builds a new webpage for her INFRA project :D

Sleepie

PS: Sorry Raichase for this little off-topic :oops:
Denke nie gedacht zu haben, denn das Denken der Gedanken ist gedankenloses Denken.
Wiki Page/Talk, Member of the OpenTTD Scenarios Team
Looking for OpenTTD scenarios? - Here's a List of player-made scenarios. Please help us grow the database with your contributions.
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Never fear, just when you all tire of UKRS screenies (well, it COULD happen), I sweep in with snow, and DB trains! I'm a hero!
Attachments
Everyone is out and about, during the summer. BBQ time, perhaps? Or a quiet glass of wine on the porch overlooking the quiet colliery line?
Everyone is out and about, during the summer. BBQ time, perhaps? Or a quiet glass of wine on the porch overlooking the quiet colliery line?
SCR328.png (56.99 KiB) Viewed 2700 times
Coming into spring, and some of the snow is melting. You can see the sleepers again!
Coming into spring, and some of the snow is melting. You can see the sleepers again!
SCR326.png (49.57 KiB) Viewed 2704 times
The headlights allow the driver to see white as far as the eye can see. Also, perhaps the silver of the rails, but thats if we're lucky. Osnaover residents hide inside by the fire.
The headlights allow the driver to see white as far as the eye can see. Also, perhaps the silver of the rails, but thats if we're lucky. Osnaover residents hide inside by the fire.
SCR325.png (42.17 KiB) Viewed 2703 times
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

White Christmas, anyone?

EDIT: The third screenie shows us the food train, coming from the coast. The front four vans are loaded with fish, followed by two grain open wagons, with the last two carrying cattle. During the winter (not pictured) the farm closes down, the the dock continues to accept fish deliveries, so the train can turn a profit (albeit slightly smaller) in winter.
Attachments
Christmas of 1921 was best spent indoors, next to the fire.
Christmas of 1921 was best spent indoors, next to the fire.
SCR330.png (111.96 KiB) Viewed 2696 times
In the summertime, when the fields are green, and the children play outside!
In the summertime, when the fields are green, and the children play outside!
SCR329.png (112.5 KiB) Viewed 2697 times
SCR332.png
SCR332.png (36.85 KiB) Viewed 2688 times
ImageImage
Pookey
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Pookey »

Is the effect of the farm closing down caused by the snow or is it part of a grf in which it automatically closes down during certain months?

EDIT: Is it possible to achieve the closing down thing in temperate?
Posted by Pookey...

For Information on TTD Patch Click Here
For Information on Building a Network (FAST) Click Here
For Information on Building a Network as a Challenge (SLOW) Click Here
For Help on the Different Signalling Types Click Here
Before Asking a Question, Please use the Forums Search Function Here and if you do Ask a Question, Please Provide as much Detail as Possible.
If you do not get a Crash Log when TTDPatch Crashes, Follow the Olly Debug Instructions Here and Post the Resulting Screenshot with your Problem.

Return to “Screenshots”