[TTDP/OTTD] Raichase's Official Screenshot Thread

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Jim Powers
President
President

Cool B & W's

Post by Jim Powers »

Mr. Raichase;

That's pretty cool! 8)

Ditto with Mr. Rudge and all the others. Keep it up, my good Friend. :wink:

Always,
Jim powers
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Thanks Jim, good to have you back in the land of intraweb folks :)).

Here are the last of the b/w screenies. It's Christmas Eve 1949 (literally, the date I paused the game on was xmas eve...), so here are some shots of the network, only 2 years away from it's 30th anniversary.

Currently the network is being run by a variety of motive power, from the tiny Saddle Tanks of Godmanchester Quarries, to the mighty 2-8-0 Freight engines of the mainline. Not to mention the companies two "gemstones", the Streamliner A4 and the Merchant Navy.
Attachments
The busy yard and junction at Workington, with the new line heading north under the goods line at the top of the shot.
The busy yard and junction at Workington, with the new line heading north under the goods line at the top of the shot.
SCR496.png (191.63 KiB) Viewed 569 times
The expansion to the station at Stockton now seperates the busy northern trains from those headed south. A Pacific loads passengers while the Streamliner waits impatiently behind.
The expansion to the station at Stockton now seperates the busy northern trains from those headed south. A Pacific loads passengers while the Streamliner waits impatiently behind.
SCR495.png (125.34 KiB) Viewed 2061 times
A standard five sits with a northern train at the newly rebuilt station at Quedgeley. This has become a very busy interchange recently!
A standard five sits with a northern train at the newly rebuilt station at Quedgeley. This has become a very busy interchange recently!
SCR494.png (219.73 KiB) Viewed 572 times
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

I hope these are enough for James Vassie, because I'm all out now!
Attachments
Final shot showing the new northern line, run by Standard Fives. Currently they are the only motive power able to deal with the hills on the route while maintaining a respectable speed.
Final shot showing the new northern line, run by Standard Fives. Currently they are the only motive power able to deal with the hills on the route while maintaining a respectable speed.
SCR498.png (81.87 KiB) Viewed 579 times
Lyonshall and Polebrook have grown a lot in recent years, mostly due to the bus service in the towns.
Lyonshall and Polebrook have grown a lot in recent years, mostly due to the bus service in the towns.
SCR497.png (208.89 KiB) Viewed 596 times
HAPPY NEW YEAR 1950!
HAPPY NEW YEAR 1950!
SCR499.png (263.9 KiB) Viewed 621 times
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
ImageImage
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

That last screenshot actually hurt my eyes!
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Ameecher wrote:That last screenshot actually hurt my eyes!
Oh.

I'm all sad now :cry:
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Nothing Cheers a Raichase up like a rousing game of TTD... Here are some shots from 1951.

The biggest news has been the introduction of diesels on anything but industrial-shortlines. Previously, only shunters had been used, but noticing reduced running costs on commuter trains, as well as faster trains for the northern sprint lines, indicated a need to try these trains out.

So far, 10 3-car AEC DMU sets have been purchased, and are being run in 6-car trains. Also purchased was 2 "10000 Class", soley to run northern sprint trains.

The Northern Sprints run between Loxhill and York, up the NE coast, and traditionally have been frequent, fast commuter trains. The 10000 fits the bill nicely here.
Attachments
The AEC's are all being run through Godmanchester, as this is the busiest station outside the CBD. Originally just a one horse town with a quarry, look at it now!
The AEC's are all being run through Godmanchester, as this is the busiest station outside the CBD. Originally just a one horse town with a quarry, look at it now!
SCR502.png (104.04 KiB) Viewed 2029 times
A map of the commuter network at Loxhill. The red line is the busiest, and 2 6-car sets have been tasked to this line. The other 3 will run on the violet line.
A map of the commuter network at Loxhill. The red line is the busiest, and 2 6-car sets have been tasked to this line. The other 3 will run on the violet line.
SCR501.png (20.41 KiB) Viewed 2030 times
SCR500! Also, the first AEC DMU can be seen running through Loxhill C1.
SCR500! Also, the first AEC DMU can be seen running through Loxhill C1.
SCR500.png (89.57 KiB) Viewed 2029 times
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

For those of you who don't know (ie, me up until like 30 minutes ago), the AEC DMU is gained by building a passenger car and attaching it to an AEC Railcar, then adding another Railcar. You can do it with two railcars only, but doesn't look as cool.

Pretty cool.
Attachments
A shot of one of the 10000's on the northern sprint line. Mostly still hauling the same old rolling stock, only faster :D
A shot of one of the 10000's on the northern sprint line. Mostly still hauling the same old rolling stock, only faster :D
SCR504.png (66.59 KiB) Viewed 2025 times
The violet line terminus at Grimsby. The violet line is unique in that it is the only line not to run via the city centre (aside from the southern line), and has all new rolling stock, rather than a mix.
The violet line terminus at Grimsby. The violet line is unique in that it is the only line not to run via the city centre (aside from the southern line), and has all new rolling stock, rather than a mix.
SCR503.png (60.82 KiB) Viewed 2025 times
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

I know I'm still on top, but here are some more shots from 1951...
Attachments
Same can't be said here. Originally planned as the main southern terminus, most traffic heads north at Stockton, with only ex-commuter trains terminating here now.
Same can't be said here. Originally planned as the main southern terminus, most traffic heads north at Stockton, with only ex-commuter trains terminating here now.
SCR508.png (186.16 KiB) Viewed 595 times
Not bad for what was originally a town of 5 hourses and 3 power stations. It's now a major terminus of the Loxhill Commuter Network...
Not bad for what was originally a town of 5 hourses and 3 power stations. It's now a major terminus of the Loxhill Commuter Network...
SCR507.png (126.73 KiB) Viewed 2020 times
One of the coolest things about parallel lines, are racing trains. Here, a Standard Five with a passenger train races a 2-8-0 on a goods train.
One of the coolest things about parallel lines, are racing trains. Here, a Standard Five with a passenger train races a 2-8-0 on a goods train.
SCR505.png (55.92 KiB) Viewed 2019 times
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

And some from 1952...

With trains to Warrington rapidly losing money, as well as decreasing their frequency to the other stations on their lines, instead of buying more trains, it was decided to cut the southern line at Stockton. Warrington had blocked the company enough, and combined with a very small population, no longer deserved a mainline railway connection.

The station platforms were removed, leaving bare sidings for storage of old rolling stock, if need be, and buffers were built across the line at Stockton. Trains now running from Loxhill are able to turn around at Stockton (as some people argue, this should always have been possible), as well as trains from Godmanchester.

This has the added bonus of increasing the frequency of trains stopping at Orrell, as well as increasing the frequency of Loxhill-bound trains at Stockton. Overall, an increase in services and an increase in profits, without having to buy a single new train. This is especially important at Orrell, as a lot of long-haul trains bypass the station, in an effort to reduce commute times for passengers coming from the other side of the map.

Not a bad move from a company looking to get all the money possible to upgrade it's fleet to diesels or electric trains in the near future.
Attachments
Orrell, an example of a town that needs all the trains it can get.
Orrell, an example of a town that needs all the trains it can get.
SCR511.png (159.1 KiB) Viewed 2015 times
The sidings, slowly being overgrown.
The sidings, slowly being overgrown.
SCR510.png (137.17 KiB) Viewed 2016 times
The new terminus
The new terminus
SCR509.png (146.95 KiB) Viewed 2017 times
ImageImage
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

That Japanese Landscape really is looking good! The black and white pics did it no justice. :p
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

That's probably cuased by the fact that this isn't the Japaneese lanscape in the first place. :P
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Rob wrote:That's probably cuased by the fact that this isn't the Japaneese lanscape in the first place. :P
The ground sprites are... the trees are done by SAC but the ground is definitely down to the Japan set lot.
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

Yeah I just noticed the rail/road crossing.
But you can't see much of the Japanese set. I see more ttrsv3. :D
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Rob wrote:That's probably cuased by the fact that this isn't the Japanese lanscape in the first place. :P
But it is! However, the trees are SAC's, as Ameecher states, which most likely conceals the fact from people just glancing at the images. :p
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

Raichase wrote:I hope these are enough for James Vassie, because I'm all out now!
Hehe, cheers Rai :wink:

Awesome screenies as usual, nothing else to add except amazing :P
(British) Modular Stations Set - Thread: | Website:
Swiss Set - Thread: | Website:
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

I use Japan Set Grass, Japan Set Roads (Sorry Born and Hyr. British and Combined roadsets are awesome, but they don't work with Japan Roads), SAC trees, New Stations, UKRSI, Aegirs Rural Stations, Goods Stations, and Sanchi's Harbor.

I'm also using Purnos Dutch Catnery as well.
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Argh, more screenies for ye. Thee.

See?

I finally finished the far-north line, which hits the towns slightly to the west of the last line I built. Again, serviced mostly by a roster of Standard Five's, 'cause they are the most efficiant steamer of the day for these kind of all-stopping trains.

This new line, thanks to a new triangle west of Workington, allows trains to go through from Lyonshall to Chelmsford, without people having to change at Quedgely or Stockton (which, I might add increased travel times dramatically, as those stations are a fair way down the line)

So now, all towns bar two (they both annoyed me) are connected to the others in some way. You may have to change trains 3-4 times, but you can get anywhere on the map by rail or by bus (where adequate rail infrastructure doesn't exist)
Attachments
The new terminus at Chelmsford. Not so much because it's a big town, but it's got a good location to terminate trains servicing nearby towns.
The new terminus at Chelmsford. Not so much because it's a big town, but it's got a good location to terminate trains servicing nearby towns.
SCR514.png (88.09 KiB) Viewed 1881 times
Not the real Nottingham...
Not the real Nottingham...
SCR513.png (74.12 KiB) Viewed 1880 times
Morningthorpe was a little awkward to build a station at. It will be connected to Preston, to the west, by bus. It's also on a direct service to both Lyonshall and Loxhill now.
Morningthorpe was a little awkward to build a station at. It will be connected to Preston, to the west, by bus. It's also on a direct service to both Lyonshall and Loxhill now.
SCR512.png (77.32 KiB) Viewed 1881 times
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

The North Mail, going from Loxhill to Chelmsford, stopping Stockton, all stations to Workington, then all to Chelmsford. Sporting not one, but three mail vans (normally you only see two mail vans on express trains and cross-country trains, so three is quite a sight), it is used to clear up the large amount of mail waiting at Stockton, Quedgely, Bridlington and Loxhill.

Here are some shots of it before it gets too far north, where all there is to see is the Standard Five.
Attachments
Then passing the Merchant Navy outside of Stockton.
Then passing the Merchant Navy outside of Stockton.
SCR517.png (83.05 KiB) Viewed 1875 times
Passing a 2-8-0 with an up goods, and a Pacific on an up Western Service near Orrell.
Passing a 2-8-0 with an up goods, and a Pacific on an up Western Service near Orrell.
SCR516.png (86.85 KiB) Viewed 1875 times
Departing Loxhill, behind a Standard Five. The Pacifics mostly stay running west these days, and the two famous locomotives, A401 and the Merchant Navy, both stay west too.
Departing Loxhill, behind a Standard Five. The Pacifics mostly stay running west these days, and the two famous locomotives, A401 and the Merchant Navy, both stay west too.
SCR515.png (78.59 KiB) Viewed 1876 times
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Finally, a network map of the inter-regional lines, instead of the commuter lines.

The Red Line is the main western line, used by the express passenger trains, and the all-stops trains run mostly by Pacifics. Journey times are long unless you're on an express, as the Pacifics still stop at the interim towns along the way.

The Yellow Line goes from Loxhill to Chelmsford, some trains going via Leadgate, others going via Workinton and Bridlington.

The Green Line is the link to Chelmsford from Polebrook/Lyonshall. The only trains that actually terminate at Lyonshall are the trains coming from Loxhill.

The Blue Line is the west coast line, run by a pair of Standard Fives. Very much the white elephant, as the trains barely run at a profit, and the towns show little growth.

The Violet Lines are all of the commuter lines around Loxhill, shown on the map for context purposes.

Note that the only trains that STOP to pick up/set down passengers at Andover, Radcliffe and Orrell are those running the purple lines, and they then terminate at Stockton.
Attachments
SCR519.png
SCR519.png (41.16 KiB) Viewed 558 times
Arriving at Stockton Station, where passengers may not alight, only board the train. More time is spent loading the mail, than the passengers!
Arriving at Stockton Station, where passengers may not alight, only board the train. More time is spent loading the mail, than the passengers!
SCR518.png (106.88 KiB) Viewed 1872 times
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Some sadder news...

A lot of the AEC DMU sets have been operating at a loss recently, due to the frequency of service absorbing a lot of the excess, off-peak passengers. Originally, the rear set of a 6-car set was locked off off peak, but even diminishing peak hour commuters have caused whole 3-car sets to be withdrawn from service.

The trailer cars in the centre have been kept to replace other trailer cars that may be damaged, but what to do with the excess power cars? A diesel shunter, class 08 is seen here hauling the spare power cars to a more out of the way siding, to either sit and rot until scrapped, or as spares incase of an accident.
Attachments
SCR522.png
SCR522.png (68.06 KiB) Viewed 1869 times
SCR521.png
SCR521.png (50.64 KiB) Viewed 1869 times
SCR520.png
SCR520.png (45.24 KiB) Viewed 1869 times
ImageImage

Return to “Screenshots”