[TTDP/OTTD] Raichase's Official Screenshot Thread

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

It happens when the snow creeps up to the farm. I wonder if we could have the revese of alpine in tropic, so the desert sneeks up instead.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
wozza
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wozza »

Sorry if this has already been asked, have you posted your scenario in the scenario thread at all. If otherwise, would you mind posting it...i'd love to give it ago...seems like an eternity since I last played a half-decent arctic game
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Pookey wrote:Is the effect of the farm closing down caused by the snow or is it part of a grf in which it automatically closes down during certain months?
Well, as the snow moves when using the Alpine Climate by Michael Blunck (in original TTD, the snowline did not move, and none of the industries/town buildings had snow on them), it's both of what you said. The snow starts building up as we head towards Europe's winter, and it's mostly melted by July (remember, it's Alpine, so it seems backwards to us Aussies).

When the Farm reaches the snow level (ie, when there is 3 levels of snow on the ground), the gets snow covered, and production from that month ceases until the snow recedes. Depending on how high the snow gets on the map, you could be without farm production for a couple of months, or most of the year.
EDIT: Is it possible to achieve the closing down thing in temperate?
UKRS does it with it's secondary industries, and Michaels is landscape based. You'd need some kind of factor to do it for temperate, as Temperate doesn't have snow. I imagine you could make it time based, but the farm in Alpine is only time based in that it closes when the snow arrives. If no snow arrived, it would never cease operating.
robotboy wrote:It happens when the snow creeps up to the farm. I wonder if we could have the revese of alpine in tropic, so the desert sneeks up instead.
Yes, I wouldn't mind seeing more of a "drought" tropic, rather than "desert and tropics", but then again, we're Australian. Most other places in the world are more stable when it comes to agriculture and rainfall. Ie, they have set no-grow areas...
wozza wrote:Sorry if this has already been asked, have you posted your scenario in the scenario thread at all. If otherwise, would you mind posting it...i'd love to give it ago...seems like an eternity since I last played a half-decent arctic game
Do you use the nightlies, wozza? I just hit "generate random game", using the difficulty settings and game options from the UKRS Network Guide (obviously, town names became German). It's a feature of the new land generator, to generate... well, non crap maps!
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Seperate post for screenies!

During the winter, the farm trains only carry the fish. I also added a all-fish train to the line, as well as adding a grain train to the local brewery, which also closes during the winter, as there is no grain for the brewery to use.
Attachments
SCR335.png
SCR335.png (36.3 KiB) Viewed 3127 times
SCR334.png
SCR334.png (19.87 KiB) Viewed 3127 times
SCR333.png
SCR333.png (37.18 KiB) Viewed 3127 times
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

[...]
Attachments
SCR341.png
SCR341.png (50.59 KiB) Viewed 3109 times
SCR340.png
SCR340.png (57.62 KiB) Viewed 3110 times
SCR339.png
SCR339.png (66.51 KiB) Viewed 3110 times
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Descriptions are for chumps. These screenies, the graphical work speaks for itself (showcased in the last few are NABS unreleased version (Aegir/Oz), and Alpine town buildings, part of the Alpine pack by Michael.
Attachments
SCR342.png
SCR342.png (47.28 KiB) Viewed 3104 times
0 multiplied by 0 = increased profits? No, that doesn't sound right.
0 multiplied by 0 = increased profits? No, that doesn't sound right.
SCR343.png (36.56 KiB) Viewed 3099 times
SCR344.png
SCR344.png (19.86 KiB) Viewed 3095 times
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

[...]
Attachments
SCR345.png
SCR345.png (31.79 KiB) Viewed 3095 times
Creepy...
Creepy...
SCR346.png (25.78 KiB) Viewed 3091 times
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Three more... It's 1935 now...
Attachments
Small towns in the mountains need small train services with electric catenary to power them. Such as this ET-11, seen here waiting for passengers in sub-zero temperatures.
Small towns in the mountains need small train services with electric catenary to power them. Such as this ET-11, seen here waiting for passengers in sub-zero temperatures.
SCR347.png (48.18 KiB) Viewed 2980 times
Snow again!
Snow again!
SCR349.png (35.06 KiB) Viewed 2972 times
The Brewery.
The Brewery.
SCR348.png (55.05 KiB) Viewed 2973 times
ImageImage
Pookey
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Pookey »

:shock: Those snow pics of your's are so cool Rai...
UKRS does it with it's secondary industries, and Michaels is landscape based. You'd need some kind of factor to do it for temperate, as Temperate doesn't have snow.
So that means you would need a grf to make it occur in temperate?
Posted by Pookey...

For Information on TTD Patch Click Here
For Information on Building a Network (FAST) Click Here
For Information on Building a Network as a Challenge (SLOW) Click Here
For Help on the Different Signalling Types Click Here
Before Asking a Question, Please use the Forums Search Function Here and if you do Ask a Question, Please Provide as much Detail as Possible.
If you do not get a Crash Log when TTDPatch Crashes, Follow the Olly Debug Instructions Here and Post the Resulting Screenshot with your Problem.

Martin
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Martin »

Nice, I haven't played a game with snow for ages! :]
:)
Jim Powers
President
President

Cool Pics.

Post by Jim Powers »

Mr. Raichase;

Pic SCR347.png is a cool pic, (looks cold!) I like all of 'em, of course!

Always,
Jim Powers
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

Long time no see Raichase! :wink:

Flicking back through the topic, great screenshots :D

Just out of curiosity, since you can get really effective shots of a game, have you ever thought of doing real life photography and the like?

See ya round matey! :)

-Richard.C
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Geo.c Ghost wrote:Long time no see Raichase! :wink:

Flicking back through the topic, great screenshots :D
Heh, haven't updated this thread in a while, sadly... Welcome back to you Geo, it's good to see you again!
Just out of curiosity, since you can get really effective shots of a game, have you ever thought of doing real life photography and the like?
Check my signature ;)
ImageImage
Pookey
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Pookey »

Well, some time ago, when you started the thread, you said you wanted to see if it could rival Jim's thread. It's doing okay so far considering that you have 20 pages and Jim has 73 or 74 (i think).
Posted by Pookey...

Before Asking a Question, Please use the Forums Search Function Here and if you do Ask a Question, Please Provide as much Detail as Possible.
If you do not get a Crash Log when TTDPatch Crashes, Follow the Olly Debug Instructions Here and Post the Resulting Screenshot with your Problem.

Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Just to prove I'm not dead...

Goldcliff - 1930.

The western limit of Electrification, Goldcliff features a large, three platform station (indeed, the largest on the network). The outer two platforms cater for through trains from Waratah, while the central terminus platform caters to the mountain train, which runs under electric power, and is usually run by an ET-87 set. A second ET-87 resides in the depot, and alternates with the set on the run. The centre platform was also home to the short lived Valley Creek service, which is the eastern end of electrification. The service would run from Goldcliff to Valley Creek. This service only lasted a year, before it was cancelled, leaving a spare ET-87 set in the depot at all times. Steam hauled passenger trains are shared by BR75s and BR38s. This is also the only part of the network not to see any freight traffic.
Attachments
SCR351.png
SCR351.png (154.98 KiB) Viewed 595 times
ImageImage
Muse
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Muse »

I just love that last station! 8)
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

I just love it too - works with 2-3 terminating trains too, rather than the 1 that my old design handled :)).

You can have a single screenshot from the next two years now...

March, 1931 (SCR252.png):

Valley Creek Junction. Originally just a single passing loop on what was a line for three coal trains, it has now grown to the largest junction on the network. Trains coming from the west and south can head north to Waratah Power Station, east to the Cereal Factory in the valley, next to Waratah township, and passenger trains coming from Valley Creek can cross the mainline, and join the eastern line going down into Waratah.

Seen are some common examples of motive power on these freights. A pair of BR38's work an empty grain train through the junction itself, while a BR38/75 combo work west with empty grain wagons. Two BR75's are slogging their way north with a train of coal.

February, 1932 (SCR253.png):

This is the junction to the west of the previous shot, taken a year later. A pair of BR38's are working an empty wheat train south, along the main southern line, which is purely run by freight currently. A newer BR38 in jet-black livery hauls the first inter-urban service, a train from Waratah to Koorong, the original source of coal, and thus income for this region. The tracks it has come from continue to the NW, along an all-passenger line to the town of Goldcliff.
Attachments
SCR353.png
SCR353.png (108.04 KiB) Viewed 1974 times
SCR352.png
SCR352.png (137.85 KiB) Viewed 516 times
ImageImage
Pookey
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Pookey »

Excellent, Rai is back with his wonderful pics. :D

Good example of how to use the tracks over tunnel entries as well.
Posted by Pookey...

Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Cheers Pookey :)).

January 1933. The location this time, is the new Mt. Leonard triangle. Originally, a shuttle service, using an ET-87 would be run from Goldcliff (to the north west of this shot) to Mt. Leonard. Now, it has been linked up to the mainline to Koorong, in the south west. You can see the mainline to Koorong at the bottom of the photo, with a BR38 running an Intercity train. The ET-87 running the service is up at Donnora Ridge.
Attachments
SCR355.png
SCR355.png (274.28 KiB) Viewed 527 times
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

I'm slipping down the page!

These screenies are from a map I'm pretty sure I obtained from The_Irish.

Caham is on the north-eastern shore, and features a growing steel industry, as well as providing the power for this region of the region... If that makes sense.

Anyway, more screenies.
Attachments
SCR364.png
SCR364.png (76.71 KiB) Viewed 487 times
SCR363.png
SCR363.png (70.46 KiB) Viewed 491 times
SCR362.png
SCR362.png (59.64 KiB) Viewed 1586 times
ImageImage

Return to “Screenshots”