[TTDP/OTTD] Raichase's Official Screenshot Thread

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Look, more shots, this time from 1988.

Firstly, a new Intercity Service was opened up, this one between Wolverhampton and Chelmsford. Trains also stop at Morecambe, which is unusual for an Intercity train, but the station is only used to pickup passengers on the up service, and to let down passengers on the down service, simply so that people travelling from Wolverhampton to Morecambe don't take up seats that they could get on a more local train. Downside is, the train doesn't fit the old platform ;). Two HST's of 10-cars were purchased for this run.

The same HST is also shown waiting for the tunnel under Treeton to clear.

Also making the news, a new DMU was purchased for runs on the west coast line, the Sprinter DMU. Four 3-car sets were purchased, marshalled into 2 sets of 6. As usual for the line, one power car was refitted to carry baggage. Following the sucess of these intial units, more were purchased, and the Metro-Cammell was finally phased out in September 1988. All of it's runs having been replaced by faster, more reliable Sprinter sets.

Already plans are being drawn up for a faster model of Sprinter, called the "Super Sprinter", which may see the final withdrawl of the Type 2 diesels, and perhaps some of the older Type 3's. Currently, aging Type 2 and Type 3's (and even some of the oldest Type 4's) are being taken to the workshop and overhauled, with new parts and a new paintjob, to extend their lifespan by another 15-20 years, although they may have worn out their welcome by then. Some of the first Type 2's, 3's and 4's to be overhauled are running around the network with whole new carriage rakes, tasked with carrying the new Mk3 coaches. Only the overhauled locomotives can haul the new Mk3's, at least until the older locomotives are brought up to speed.
Attachments
SCR581.png
SCR581.png (59.94 KiB) Viewed 4551 times
SCR580.png
SCR580.png (114.22 KiB) Viewed 4551 times
SCR579.png
SCR579.png (93.69 KiB) Viewed 4551 times
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

More news, this time from 1989.

Two new breakthrough developments have been made, and units have been purchased for testing.

Firstly, the C321 was developed, and two 4-car sets were immediatly purchased to replace the last two AM2 sets on the Loxhill Metro Network (one was run out of Irlam depot, between Loxhill and Stockton, and the other was running around on the Loxhill Loop lines). Hopefully these EMU's can be used to replace the AM10, when it is retired (planned projections indicate the majority of the fleet will need replacing after 2000). Currently, old AM10's are simply being refitted with new parts, and sent back to work.

Also developed was the GEC Class 91, complete with DVT's. 4 were purchased to relieve the AL6's from intercity work the displaced AL6's were then refurbished, had their coaches replaced with rakes of Mk3's, and sent back out to supplement the remaining diesels on all-stops services.
Attachments
An AL6 seen with mk3 coaches
An AL6 seen with mk3 coaches
SCR584.png (116.86 KiB) Viewed 4540 times
The first 91 seen near the container yards.
The first 91 seen near the container yards.
SCR583.png (56.66 KiB) Viewed 4540 times
SCR582.png
SCR582.png (45.45 KiB) Viewed 4539 times
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
ImageImage
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

I think though I can make another exception to decreasing my forum activities 8).
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

1990 arrives, and brings with it the good, the bad, and the ugly. I have yet to see the ugly, but I hear things come in those three flavours, all at once.

I direct your attention first to the new "Sprint" service (co-incidentally run by a pair of sprinter sets in tandem with each other) between Wolverhampton and Warrington. Travelling from the main station (photo 1), pausing at Morecambe (photo 2)(becuase we'd be remiss if we ran a train past the bustling metropolis of Morecambe like the original west-coast line did, which still terminates at Wolverhampton), under a massive, £1.5million tunnel, and into Warrington Airport.

Tickets are on sale now, and can't be prebooked. This service runs on the hour, every hour out of Wolverhampton. Cheaper than flying!
Attachments
SCR587.png
SCR587.png (103.27 KiB) Viewed 4436 times
SCR586.png
SCR586.png (100.21 KiB) Viewed 4438 times
SCR585.png
SCR585.png (69.45 KiB) Viewed 4438 times
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

...and the bad. Andover Farm, operating since 1920, has finally shut their doors, due to a complete and utter lack of real estate, most of them farmland being taken over by the urban sprawl of Loxhill and it's suburbs, Andover itself being the main offender.

The first shot shows the farm, days before the 'dozers arrived.

The second shows "Betsy and Mary", the pair of shunters used to move the grain out of the yard on their last run, prior to being scrapped after many years of faithful service.

The third shows the shed doors, closed for the last time.
Attachments
SCR590.png
SCR590.png (29.26 KiB) Viewed 4434 times
SCR589.png
SCR589.png (45.51 KiB) Viewed 4433 times
SCR588.png
SCR588.png (65.81 KiB) Viewed 4433 times
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Well, it seems the company bounced back.

Accepting the trial of the new "Super Sprinter" for mainline services, with the view of removing the remaining old loco-hauled services (ie, old "type 2", "type 3" and "type 4" loco hauled trains on passenger lines) once and for all. Firstly, we can see the oldest "type 2" currently operating, it has been overhauled once, and has been operating for just over 30 years (although it's only been about 10 years since it's last overhaul), hauling some of the more modern mk2 coaching stock. This particular unit is on the roster for trains between Godmanchester and Wolverhampton.

The second shot shows the two test sets purchased. Again, marshalled into a single set of 6 cars, one of every two 3-car sets ordered will have one power car fitted to carry baggage. Also, depending on the trial, it may be that every set is increased to 4-cars, and one driver-motor car from each set will be modified in such a way to carry baggage. The company is electing to see how the units perform in service first. It may indeed be that ONLY baggage is allowed on the trains, and mail is to be transferred by seperate trains, quite possibly by the soon-to-be-rather-large crowd of displaced "type 2" "type 3" and "type 4" diesels.

It IS envisoned that all of the old loco-hauled trains are to be replaced by these new DMU's, following their trial period (of one year), starting with the older, "type 2"'s, and finishing with the "type 4"s. Then, it will be considered wether the rest of the loco hauled fleet needs replacing - ie, the diesel-hauled mk3 stock, currently being run by a small selection of type 2,3 and 4's. One of which is shown below, these will certainly continue running long after the rest of the fleet.
Attachments
Mk3's behind a recently refurb'd type 2. These trains will soon be the only loco-hauled diesel trains left on the network....
Mk3's behind a recently refurb'd type 2. These trains will soon be the only loco-hauled diesel trains left on the network....
SCR593.png (63.37 KiB) Viewed 4418 times
Ooh, shiny
Ooh, shiny
SCR592.png (61.13 KiB) Viewed 4418 times
The oldest type 2 running. Some theorise that it's older than patchman, but these rumours are soon to be quashed.
The oldest type 2 running. Some theorise that it's older than patchman, but these rumours are soon to be quashed.
SCR591.png (50.6 KiB) Viewed 4418 times
ImageImage
Dave

Post by Dave »

lol wolverhampton
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Jim Powers
President
President

Post by Jim Powers »

Mr. Raichase;

You've a 'top-notch' thread running, Big Guy, keep up the fine work! :shock:

Always,
Jim Powers
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Thanks Jim...

Well, it finally happened. Decades of cramming more services onto a central "spine" of a mainline (something I knew would be a bad idea, and yet as the game went on, I didn't notice it happening), and it's completely at capacity. Has been since 1990. Intercity trains are running as fast as the all stoppers, with so many of them that when they pass one, they get stuck behind another.

Thus, as well as gradually updating the massive, 100+ train fleet to faster trains, new lines will have to be built that are partly, or even wholly independant from the main network. The first such line runs from Polebrook to York and Wixford (one of the western-most suburbs of Loxhill). There is a new train in the works, a tilting DMU called the "Voyager", but until that is avaliable, 4 surplus HST's have been tasked to the route. Eventually, there will be 8 4-car DMU's running the lines, but currently, as they are not avaliable, HST's will do.

Chelmsford has been one of the major cities enroute to benefit, now gaining an even more direct route to Polebrook (passengers used to have to catch an Intercity to Lyonshall and change for a local service to the next station), and a direct service to York (previously unknown), as well as a direct service to Wixford (again, unheard of till now), where they can change to a number of Metro Trains for travel around Loxhill. Again, the whole station complex is connected by a massive underground concourse, full of shops, and travelators to save on walking.

At Wixford, of note is the extended sidings with buffers. Originally, the line was planned to go further south, but this was deemed unessacary, as the metro provides excellent service.

At York, the platforms join straight into the airport terminal, for ease of changeovers.
Attachments
SCR596.png
SCR596.png (179.08 KiB) Viewed 830 times
SCR595.png
SCR595.png (93.91 KiB) Viewed 4257 times
SCR594.png
SCR594.png (146.62 KiB) Viewed 801 times
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

At Morningthorpe, trains coming from Wixford terminate, freeing up the line west to Polebrook for higher speed running. Passengers from Wixford can change here if required, or at any of the other two shared stations.

The new station at Middlesborough will hopefully help end the congestion there. Infact, due to it being impossible to expand the station, it may be nessacary to make all trains (on the mainline) run through the station (nonstop), save for the West-Coast DMU's.

At Polebrook, the new terminus is connected to the aiport. Trains from here run direct to York, a cheaper, comfy option for those not wanting to fly.
Attachments
SCR599.png
SCR599.png (161.86 KiB) Viewed 798 times
SCR598.png
SCR598.png (112.84 KiB) Viewed 4255 times
SCR597.png
SCR597.png (139.34 KiB) Viewed 805 times
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Last two, showing Wixford Station in use, and one of the hardly visted towns (Lampeter being a prime example, served by one train a week) that is now served by HST's.
Attachments
SCR601.png
SCR601.png (136.71 KiB) Viewed 823 times
SCR600.png
SCR600.png (133.43 KiB) Viewed 4250 times
ImageImage
Nilo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Nilo »

That's a huge powerplant for that ammount of people living in that city.
But that screenies are as beautifull as always. I Like them. Keep them comming please :D
Michael24
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Michael24 »

Nilo wrote:That's a huge powerplant for that ammount of people living in that city.
But that screenies are as beautifull as always. I Like them. Keep them comming please :D
Its Mr. Burns who has invaded the city.
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

All hail Raichase! :bow:
Love all the shots! :D

Your excellent screenshots
+ Jims fantastic maps
+best graphics in 'the bizz'
=The greatest of all shots :mrgreen:

TTD calculations! :P
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Nilo wrote:That's a huge powerplant for that ammount of people living in that city.
Thats Loxhill power complex. It has SAC's power lines running into Loxhill proper, and that power station powers Loxhill, and all it's suburbs. Plus all my railways.

It also looks cool.
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

My network choked. Here, have the latest copy of the game, and the scenario I'm kicking into now...
Attachments
TRP07.SV1
(471.91 KiB) Downloaded 181 times
TRP02.SV0
(158.41 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Here are a couple of rather boring screenies from my new game...
Attachments
SCR608.png
SCR608.png (128.28 KiB) Viewed 833 times
SCR607.png
SCR607.png (106.47 KiB) Viewed 3833 times
SCR606.png
SCR606.png (150.1 KiB) Viewed 849 times
ImageImage
mtwist
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mtwist »

Are those screenies from the map you posted above? It seems not to be finished, because many town names are still german. It would be a great thing if you could post the scenario you are using.

Btw, I don't like the new terrain generator, it produces to much water. This as a waste of space on our small valuable TTD maps :D
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

mtwist wrote:Are those screenies from the map you posted above? It seems not to be finished, because many town names are still german. It would be a great thing if you could post the scenario you are using.

Btw, I don't like the new terrain generator, it produces to much water. This as a waste of space on our small valuable TTD maps :D
The terrain generator in the latest nightlies is a broken at the moment, it only produces a strip of land down the centre of the map with the map with about 50% water...
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

mtwist wrote:Are those screenies from the map you posted above? It seems not to be finished, because many town names are still german. It would be a great thing if you could post the scenario you are using.
You'd need to obtain the "British Town Names GRF", the download location of which I am unsure. I'm sure it's in GRFcrawler though. Having that GRF will change those names back to normal names when the scenario is opened.
Yeah, me too, but I figured I'd use this oppertunity to get a very different "random land" and make a random map out of it, that I can play through. When it's fixed, who knows, we might never see such an odd map again?
Ameecher wrote:The terrain generator in the latest nightlies is a broken at the moment, it only produces a strip of land down the centre of the map with the map with about 50% water...
Yeah, 'tis a shame, but it still makes for interesting maps, which is good in the meantime. Obviously it will nice when it's fixed, but it's not like we're getting completely illegible maps in the meantime :tongue:
ImageImage

Return to “Screenshots”