[TTDP/OTTD] Raichase's Official Screenshot Thread

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Raichase wrote:Japan Set Roads (Sorry Born and Hyr. British and Combined roadsets are awesome, but they don't work with Japan Roads)
Not for long! Mwahahahahaha*ahem*. Yes.
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Indeed, the British road set will soon support the Japan landscape. ;)
But that won't be until the new year and sometime in January after my exams.

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Very nice shots there, Rai. I want to go and play TTD now, but I have to finish reading the forums. ;)
Train-a-Mania
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Train-a-Mania »

Those pictures are really nice. I like the stations.
Nick - Creator of the virtual railroading review series:

Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

orudge wrote:Very nice shots there, Rai. I want to go and play TTD now, but I have to finish reading the forums. ;)
Uh, yeah, err, me too.

Hehe, sucker...

:tongue:

Cheers oh SROTU.

EDIT: In other news, it's 1958 and the last march of the Pacifics. Below are some of the last shots taken of them before they were finally withdrawn.
Attachments
Also, more work is being done on the "white elephant" of a west-coast line. More in the next post...
Also, more work is being done on the "white elephant" of a west-coast line. More in the next post...
SCR525.png (101.81 KiB) Viewed 2098 times
Passing one of it's replacements - the Pacifics were soon replaced by non-streamlined Merchant Navys.
Passing one of it's replacements - the Pacifics were soon replaced by non-streamlined Merchant Navys.
SCR524.png (76.35 KiB) Viewed 2099 times
Passing a Merchant Navy at Stockton Station.
Passing a Merchant Navy at Stockton Station.
SCR523.png (86.29 KiB) Viewed 2099 times
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

^^^ Note the edited post above, with pictures added ^^^

More work is being done on the west coast line, to try and make it less of a white elephant, and more like something actually worth keeping.

For starters, a new western platform was added onto Middlesborough Station, for up-local trains, to free up the up mainline platform for express trains and the all-stoppers from Loxhill. Pity there was no room on the eastern side of the station for the down line...

Secondly, the all-too-expensive Standard Fives were withdrawn from the roster, and replaced with a set of 4 test DMU sets, each consisting of a pair of power cars, and a trailer car. Two of the 3-car sets had their middle trailer coaches altered to include a mail/baggage compartment, where passengers could book their luggage 20 minutes before the train departs. While tickets on these trains are still pre-booked (the only non-booked seats on trains are those on the Loxhill Commuter Trains), the seats themselves are on a first-come-first-served basis, so people can sit where they please. This also allows for more capacity, with no first-class seating.

Already, the two 6-car sets cost £5k less to run p.a. than the previous Standard Fives did, and they carry more passengers. A decision has already been made to replace the remaining steam-locomotives and loco-hauled-coaching-stock on the commuter lines with these DMU's probably operating in 3-car sets, with no luggage compartments.

It is also being investigated if a similar arrangement as the West Coast Line couldn't be worked out for the Loxhill Northern Sprint trains.
Attachments
Also in the news, a direct air service has been created between Loxhill and Polebrook, for those not wishing to enjoy the countryside by train. This will free up the express trains to make more stops.
Also in the news, a direct air service has been created between Loxhill and Polebrook, for those not wishing to enjoy the countryside by train. This will free up the express trains to make more stops.
SCR528.png (211.91 KiB) Viewed 481 times
The second set waits at Middlesborough Station, as a 2-8-0 with a wood train rumbles through. That wood train is the only freight that runs west of Workington.
The second set waits at Middlesborough Station, as a 2-8-0 with a wood train rumbles through. That wood train is the only freight that runs west of Workington.
SCR527.png (83.79 KiB) Viewed 2095 times
One of the 6-car trains entering St. Marys Station, on her first run.
One of the 6-car trains entering St. Marys Station, on her first run.
SCR526.png (99.47 KiB) Viewed 2095 times
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
ImageImage
Michael24
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Michael24 »

SCR523.png is such a cool screen! :shock:
Love the way the tunnel goes under the station! :D
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Michael24 wrote:SCR523.png is such a cool screen! :shock:
Love the way the tunnel goes under the station! :D
You can credit eis_os with that, when he started the development of irregular stations, he showed me a simialar station. Didn't do anything, it was a mere concept screenie, but the idea stuck in my head, and after he did the actual patchwork for it, and released it, I started trying to put it into play.

So while I can take credit for the scene, and for the visual appeal of the screenie, spare a thought for eis_os as he did all the actual work behind it.

Thanks for the kudos Michael :)).

EDIT: 1959... Deltics have replaced the A4, and the Streamlined Merchant Navy on their express routes. The A4 has been stabled pending scrapping, and the Streamlined Merchant Navy has been demoted to share the all-stopping roster with the other Merchant Navys on the western line.
Attachments
SCR529.png
SCR529.png (61.97 KiB) Viewed 2076 times
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

More shots from the Western Line this time...

Firstly, a new use was found for the sidings at Warrington. Various rumblings about the Brickworks closing, combined with the generally poor attitude of the town itself, led to Raichase Transport signing up more clay to be transported to the brickworks near Quedgely, taking the clay away from Warrington.

Wires were strung up, and trains began hauling the clay away by the ton.

At this point, the line was being used as a test of electrification, to see if it would be viable for mainline transport. Thus, the line was built along the old Warrington line, then under the mainline at Stockton, then paralell to the mainline.
Attachments
SCR532.png
SCR532.png (138.12 KiB) Viewed 2063 times
SCR531.png
SCR531.png (160.25 KiB) Viewed 475 times
SCR530.png
SCR530.png (128.07 KiB) Viewed 469 times
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

During the early 1960's, electrification of the main western line was begun, following successful tests involving electric-locomotive clay haulage.

At the same time, quad tracks were built just to the NW of Quedgeley Station, to facilitate the part where freight trains re-join the mainline (they branch off at Orrell, and rejoin here), as well as the frequent express trains getting caught behind local trains.

With electrication completed, the company was in the market for an electric locomotive to haul a new service, run between Polebrook and Loxhill. Going further than the current, Deltic hauled express train, only making more stops (Workington, Quedgeley and Stockton to be precise), and carrying 3 mail cars instead of the normal 2.

Called the Great Western Mail, the company entered into an agreement with AEI, to trial their new AL1 locomotive. Two were purchased, and they proved to be rather satisfactory, although with the Delitcs still rather new, it is unlikely that any more will be ordered, at least in any large amount. However, EE and Sulzer are both busy filling orders for diesels to replace steam-hauled trains on intermediate lines.
Attachments
One of the two AL1's in action.
One of the two AL1's in action.
SCR537.png (100.66 KiB) Viewed 2039 times
The station remains unchanged, but the tracks nearby far easier to navigate.
The station remains unchanged, but the tracks nearby far easier to navigate.
SCR536.png (132.36 KiB) Viewed 2039 times
Quad tracks. Not too busy right now, but thats probably a good thing for the new signalmen.
Quad tracks. Not too busy right now, but thats probably a good thing for the new signalmen.
SCR535.png (91.18 KiB) Viewed 2040 times
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

January 1963...

I'm either making a big mess of things, or I'm finally solving the problem of mainline trains getting caught behind all-stopping suburban trains. I've yet to discover which.

What am I talking about?

Well, I finally pulled my finger out, and started work on the quad-lines between Stockton and Radcliffe. It's about 35% done now, with the main junction being built, but far more work to be done at Stockton (budget permitting), and the remaining quad tracks still to be built between Orrell and Radcliffe.

The upside is, I can already see results, as freights and suburban trains are already starting the clear the mainline faster. The downside, is that I have barely scratched the surface in terms of the mainline - I've so far only seperated the suburban trains from the mainline trains. The bit shared by the freight trains is still dual track.

Here are some promo shots sent to the public living near the area due to be worked on. It didn't appease them, but most of the work was done anyway. We're still pending town approval on the works still to be done at Stockton Station.
Attachments
Lots more work to be done here...
Lots more work to be done here...
SCR539.png (123.5 KiB) Viewed 2033 times
Add "enhancedtunnels" or whatever it's called to "features I can't play TTD without anymore" list...
Add "enhancedtunnels" or whatever it's called to "features I can't play TTD without anymore" list...
SCR538.png (191.13 KiB) Viewed 490 times
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Now, two shots showing the work that still needs to be done. The first, I didn't draw on. The second, I went to town with.

Now, the red line is currently used by any train going into Loxhill. Thats all the freights, all the suburban trains and all the intercity trains. Plus, it goes over a hill, which slows down all the trains and makes life even more difficult. So, the top line will be given over to the mainline passenger trains only, so the express trains, and any trains going beyond Stockton.

A new line (the white line) will be built parallel to it, and all of the suburban trains and the freight trains will be diverted onto that one.

Eventually, it will probably need to become six tracks, but I'm dreading the day that THAT happens!
Attachments
SCR540a.PNG
SCR540a.PNG (233.01 KiB) Viewed 497 times
SCR540.png
SCR540.png (204.83 KiB) Viewed 489 times
ImageImage
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Well you can get used to use enhancetunnels fast... but you soon will miss some features like crossings or signals on them ... And road enhancetunnels :?
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Phew finished. Now, I get to sit and watch all the trains go past, to make sure none of them are missing waypoints in their orders!
Attachments
SCR543.png
SCR543.png (208.08 KiB) Viewed 487 times
SCR542.png
SCR542.png (167.43 KiB) Viewed 483 times
SCR541.png
SCR541.png (148.75 KiB) Viewed 500 times
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Hmm, neatened up this junction a bit, as most of the trains heading east of this junction, on the non-electric lines, are suburban trains or freight trains.

Actually, I think they all are...
Attachments
SCR544.png
SCR544.png (68.13 KiB) Viewed 1991 times
ImageImage
Michael24
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Michael24 »

Raichase wrote:
You can credit eis_os with that, when he started the development of irregular stations, he showed me a simialar station. Didn't do anything, it was a mere concept screenie, but the idea stuck in my head, and after he did the actual patchwork for it, and released it, I started trying to put it into play.
/me credits eis_os :D

I think i just might start using it myself! :roll:
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

My metro fleet got even more complicated for the maintenence staff, with the introduction of the AM2 EMU (to replace the last of the steam hauled rolling stock), then, a couple of years later, the AM10 EMU to replace the AEC DMU's. So, before the AEC's were completely withdrawn, you could board a Metro-Cammell DMU, AEC DMU, AM2 or AM10 at any time...

Also in the news, dieselisation has been completed, with the only remaining steamer being the Streamlined Merchant Navy, and even it only has a couple of years left in it. Here is the last Standard Five, returning from a Northern Mail service, to be replaced by a "Type 4" Diesel.

Cross country expresses now arrive behind an AE6 or an AL1. Sometimes a Deltic or a "Type 4", although those are now mostly restricted to non-electrified lines. You can expect to get a "Type 2" or "Type 3" diesel when travelling on all-stopper trains when not on the Western Line, although they are also found on the Western Line.

Finally, Stockton Station has been completed, linked by a massive underground concourse. The Suburban Terminus platforms were moved east, as there was no more room to expand the main line from 3 platforms to 4. It all worked out rather well, much to the towns relief.
Attachments
SCR547.png
SCR547.png (301.85 KiB) Viewed 469 times
SCR546.png
SCR546.png (59 KiB) Viewed 1903 times
SCR545.png
SCR545.png (116.91 KiB) Viewed 1903 times
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

More development being done in the centre of the map to support the rapidly expanding populations. Seems people grow tired of living in Loxhill and Polebrook, and instead seek the other regional centres out to live. Why not, with an ever increasingly efficiant regional rail network, taking people further, faster, there is no reason to live in the city anymore. Even the smallest hamlet has a reilable connection to the outside world. Family in Loxhill or Polebrook is just a day's train travel away.

First order of business, was to build a railway line under Workington, to allow passengers from Polebrook more travel destinations, with less changing of trains. The only way around Workington itself, circumventing the main station, was to go under the town. So, under we went.
Attachments
The western portals.
The western portals.
SCR550.png (144.08 KiB) Viewed 465 times
Eastern portals...
Eastern portals...
SCR549.png (121.32 KiB) Viewed 465 times
SCR548.png
SCR548.png (157.05 KiB) Viewed 484 times
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Also on the cards was a massive, expensive upgrade to Bridlington Station. The new down platforms to the west are connected to the original platforms (now up platforms 1 and 2) by a massive underground pathway, that goes under the suburbs themselves.

Very expensive, but very worth it, as now we are running limited stops trains from Polebrook and Lyonshall via this station, providing a fast link to an emerging city.

In other news, the sprinter-services north, previously run by the only two EE 10000 Class purchased, are now being run by modified AM10's. Unlike the 4-car sets in metro/suburban use, these ones have had one power car modified to take luggage, so that passengers booking into the sprinter services can get to connecting trains in Loxhill faster and comfier than ever before.

Also, with Loxhill CBD rapidly running out of room, Penrith, the closest suburb to the south, has absorbed a lot of growth. Of intrest is the "Regent" hotel, in the red and white above the railway tunnels. Don't worry, you get an excellent view of the farm valley, and the tunnels are well soundproofed.

Metro trains depart from the nearby station into Loxhill City Central every 10 minutes.
Attachments
SCR553.png
SCR553.png (91.7 KiB) Viewed 1878 times
SCR552.png
SCR552.png (76.73 KiB) Viewed 1877 times
SCR551.png
SCR551.png (118.03 KiB) Viewed 1875 times
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

To keep metro services running on time, and to cope with the ever increasing volume of commuters, Loxhills Commuter Platforms (formally C1 and C2) have now been expanded, into C1,C2,C3 and C4. No, the fourth one is not explosive.

This was done at the expense of one of the Northern Sprint platforms, to the west, but that was acceptable, as faster, more reliable electric trains mean that services can still operate to the same efficiancy on the line to York.

The main regional, and terminus commuter platforms to the west were shuffled and redeveloped slightly, at minimum disruption to commuters and inter-regional passengers.

Next on the cards, is the upgrading of the interchange at Burnham. It is being discussed wether or not it is feasable to terminate the sprints here, and change people over to the far more frequent trains to the central station from there. Whatever is decided, be sure that profits, passenger numbers, and transport efficiancy will not be sacrificed.

Finally, plans are being drawn up to put the defunct industrial branch line to good use. Running under the main goods terminal, the line was hardly used before it was decommissioned, due to recessions, poor harvests, and farm closures. Plans are being drawn up for trains to run straight onto the mainline, from Loxhills commuter lines.

We'll be sure to keep you all updated.

1970, is only the beginning...
Attachments
SCR556.png
SCR556.png (138.93 KiB) Viewed 469 times
SCR555.png
SCR555.png (143.51 KiB) Viewed 1872 times
SCR554.png
SCR554.png (214.01 KiB) Viewed 474 times
ImageImage

Return to “Screenshots”