[TTDP/OTTD] Raichase's Official Screenshot Thread

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

A few years on...

Here's a shot of Ravensmund, with some major upgrades in play. The first of which is that the station has been expanded to 6 platforms, plus the main station building. The 4 platforms on the mainline are to facilitate the large amount of traffic that stops here. All trains using this mainline stop here. The two terminus platforms are now used by the ET-87's that originally terminated at Freibruck, but it was decided that the junction would be too congested. Thus, an extra '87 was purchased (well, to nitpick, an extra pair of '87s, as they are running in 2-sets of 3), and the trains diverted. Passengers have seemed to accept it, as there are a couple of stations shared by the 87's and the 152's on the mountain line, so people have no difficulty changing trains to get to their destination.

Following that shot is one of Hanstadt, the first of the stations on the moutain line, and, co-incidentally, the first station passengers can change trains at. Shown is a good mix of rolling stock currently used on the mountain lines, an ET-87 and a shiny new BR144 load in the platforms, as a BR152 (still with old rolling stock) climbs to meet them. The BR144 was added to the 152's line to help manage the increased traffic coming out of Freibruck, especially after the '87's were diverted.

Finally, another shot of a town on a mainline that has shown rapid growth. This is the first town after Ravenswald, and all all-stops trains stop here. The expresses sail straight through though, due to limited platform space for trains...
Attachments
SCR172.png
SCR172.png (60.02 KiB) Viewed 6836 times
SCR171.png
SCR171.png (51.08 KiB) Viewed 6838 times
SCR170.png
SCR170.png (83.31 KiB) Viewed 6843 times
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Now *this* is a Kodak moment, if I ever saw one...

Taken as the first powder of winter has barely settled on the town of Limfield, a small town nestled at the foot of the alps (being an "Alpine" Map, I consider the name for the mountains rather fitting), we see the old crossing the new. A VT-137 is just departing for the capital city, Freibruck. Shortly after the station, it will double-back down the moutain, stopping at a couple of smaller towns, then speeding up on the mainline until it reaches the city. Arriving at the station is a BR515, a pair of railcars used on the northern run down the hills to the town of Schweinburg, a regionally significant town in the flatlands to the north.

The 137 in the picture is one of only two surviving trainsets, purchased originally to replace BR38's on the eastern coast line. Their line is now being run by 5-car VT-08's, and the VT-137's were originally sent all around the place, doing various odd jobs. Now, until the end of their days, they will run this line.

Poor buggers only got another good 10 years left in them anyway... Then they will probably be replaced by a BR614, or other DMU capable of medium-high speeds on regional lines.
Attachments
SCR177.png
SCR177.png (60.39 KiB) Viewed 6736 times
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Another update. Now that I'm in 1958, construction on the last leg of the network is beginning in earnest, and I can begin doing what I REALLY enjoy. Tinkering with a fully working passenger network, adding trains here, re-routing trains there, moving stock around so that new stock always goes on the premium lines, then I can begin introducing freight, now that there are enough industries around the map...

So, here is a map of my exploits.

Followed by my "network map", which should give you some idea as to where my trains are running. Note that if there is no break in a line at a town, it doesn't stop there, the train either sails through, or it has a bypass.

The smart viewer can immediatly see that I have a centralised network - that is, pretty much every train on the network is coming from/going towards a common station. While that works admirably from a TTD perspective (especialy as that town is growing as if it's on crack...) it means that for passengers to complete their journey, they will have to be changing trains at least once or twice. Sometimes three times.

So, the current projects are to spread the traffic a bit. The Osnaover line has the right idea, as trains don't go into the Y-leg of the station at Freibruck, but instead ignore it, passing through onto the mountain line. Ditto for the Michefult line, those trains start and end at Ravenswald. Also, the North Coast Line should go a-ways to helping to alliviate problems...

Please note the attached savegame, if you will. Might be more interesting than scribbled on maps.

You'll find updated CFG's in the first post, and if you DO like my save, and start tinkering with it or changing stuff around, I would love to see pictures of it in the main pictures thread. 'Cause thats really cool, seeing the same landscape as you have, only a different players take on it. I remember Georg doing something like that AGES ago with one of my first DBXL savegames, and it was fantastic to see. He even uploaded his version of my game, which was awesome.
Attachments
TRP16.SV1
(390.46 KiB) Downloaded 272 times
SCR178(2).PNG
SCR178(2).PNG (28.82 KiB) Viewed 939 times
SCR178.png
SCR178.png (14.32 KiB) Viewed 922 times
ImageImage
Marshy
Director
Director

Post by Marshy »

Lovin all the screenies in the topic, please sir..can i have some more?
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

It's all Pikka's fault.

Yeah, you heard me.

If not for his test UKRSI, I would still be playing the previous game. I'm playing this game on The Irish's Temperate Swiss Longmap, which, I might add, is one of the best scenarios I've played in quite some time.

So yeah, I blame Pikka and The Irish.

This Map is probably one of the best temperate scenarios I've seen in AGES. Very refreshing, although the flat parts offer little challenge, one finds oneself building their networks between the mountains, not game to venture up them without proper power on their trains :tongue:.

Firstly, we see a rather quaint little scene, where a Saddle-Tank crosses over a rural crossing just north of Bumpliz. Originally serviced by buses, the once-a-week train caters to folks coming from Fluelen, as well as those who just want a more comfy ride.

The company started in Bern, so no first-batch of pictures would be complete without a shot of the companys roots.

The railway currently terminates at Fluelen, constricted due to funds, and the impending mountains ahead. More work west of Bern is expected to be the next development.
Attachments
SCR188.png
SCR188.png (64.85 KiB) Viewed 6501 times
SCR187.png
SCR187.png (78.09 KiB) Viewed 6502 times
SCR186.png
SCR186.png (17.44 KiB) Viewed 6502 times
ImageImage
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Looks a bit plain at the moment, Rai, but I'm sure this is only the tip of the iceberg, we all know where your games end up going ;).
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Yeah, thats the only downside to CC sets, is that there is very little livery-variety in the early years. However, as I push onward into 1930, things get a little more interesting. You know, now that I have some money anyway :)).

Our first shot shows a shiny new 2-6-4 loading at Amteg Station, on the new clay loading platform. Thanks to a reportatly ever-vigelant signal team, we can be sure that the clay trains will always be sent to the right platform. Much better than the signalmen we've been putting up with for years, who were only too happy to play signal roulette, sending trains into random places, sending passengers scurrying from platform to platform in the vauge hopes of actually making their train before it leaves.

However, it did give new meaning to the phrase "I caught the train this morning".

Yeah, I know, stick to the pictures Raichase....

Following the 2-6-4 at Bern yard, we watch it negotiate the myriad of points and switches in the new yard. Currently, this is the only train to use the line, but with the new brickworks accepting staff and trains as they come, it's only a matter of time before we see trains loaded with everything and anything rumbling through here.

Finally, the 2-6-4 has arrived in the sidings, and the crew can take a breather before having to shunt the train back out of the yard and back onto the mainline.

EDIT: Now, all that remains is for Pikka's Earthmoving PTY LTD to design an effective quarry design, and begin excavations.
Attachments
SCR192.png
SCR192.png (28.64 KiB) Viewed 6476 times
SCR191.png
SCR191.png (29.45 KiB) Viewed 6475 times
SCR190.png
SCR190.png (36.79 KiB) Viewed 6475 times
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Here's a shot I got rather by accident, I was buggering around with the station, and took a shot of the whole station. I was pleasently surprised to see I'd caught my new toy in the picture too :)).

Here, as you can see, A Pacfic passes a local service at Bern Station.
Attachments
SCR193.png
SCR193.png (99.05 KiB) Viewed 877 times
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Hmm, some more snapshots of the steam era.

Firstly, due to a decline in the number of passengers using Amsteg Station, the decision to convert another track over to clay loading was made fairly quickly, due to an increase in clay production. However, Amsteg still remains the main place to turn around trains coming from Schaffhausen.

Also enclosed are a couple of shots of the latest in cutting-edge station design. Fluelen is using the latest of restricitve-signal tech, which stops the pacific from entering the centre platform, and thus not allowing station staff access to the baggage car at the rear of the train. Also note the new station hall constructed :)).

Not to mention the latest upgrade to Bern Station, sees terminus platforms re-instated for trains coming from the new line being built out west. Watch this space (or the one below it).
Attachments
SCR197.png
SCR197.png (118.1 KiB) Viewed 839 times
SCR196.png
SCR196.png (73.91 KiB) Viewed 6445 times
SCR195.png
SCR195.png (52.02 KiB) Viewed 6443 times
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Final one for this evening....

In one of the first shots I took, I showed a saddle tank with a couple of coaches, running on a branch line. Well, it was recently scrapped, as the passenger numbers were simply not high enough to keep such a train running. Fortunatly, the AEC Railcar was recently introduced, and is perfect for the quiet-branch line.

So, here's a nice quiet shot of it on it's maiden run.
Attachments
SCR198.png
SCR198.png (27.3 KiB) Viewed 6431 times
ImageImage
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

Rai what's the pit near the station ?
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
Saibot
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Saibot »

Very nice pics (as usual) :)
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

SHADOW-XIII wrote:Image

Rai what's the pit near the station ?
Rai wrote:Firstly, due to a decline in the number of passengers using Amsteg Station, the decision to convert another track over to clay loading was made fairly quickly, due to an increase in clay production. However, Amsteg still remains the main place to turn around trains coming from Schaffhausen.
It's probably related to ECS (Extended Cargo Scheme).
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Actually, the clay pits and brickworks are part of the UK Renewal Set Industries, Pikka just added them.
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

DanMacK wrote:Actually, the clay pits and brickworks are part of the UK Renewal Set Industries, Pikka just added them.
Pikka, having just risen to the level of "God" in regards to how well this UKRSI/UKRS set works together with HOV's.

It's simply awesome stuff.
ImageImage
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

And how WhiteHand is now a semi-god for adding UKRSI into the ausset!
Formerly known as Lachie
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

I can see the UKRSI becoming a nice, simple "addition" to the base industries that most, if not all sets should support, if only due to the inherant TTD "theme" of the UKRSI. Although, as it's providing me with a good game experience, I may be a tad biased ;)

Here are some more shots...

Recently, semi-long range and regional passengers were given a huge boost to their avaliable services the other day, as the Standard 5 was introduced on many mainline trains, as well as some of the more prominent branch lines. This also has the effect of speeding up other mainline trains too, notably the Pacific that hauls the mainline Express. Here you can see a Standard 5 roaring out of Bern Station, while a 2-6-4 with a local service loads passengers in the terminus platforms.

Here's a shot of the brickworks as seen in 1947. Currently, there is no room for expansion of the transport facilities, as the city of Bern has grown around it and engulfed it, so care must be taken to manage the existing sidings, branches and port facilities, to ensure that they can be used for maximum efficiancy.

There has also been a surge in the amount of clay being produced locally. Two new pits opened up in the last decade, however, they were across the sea from the brickworks. Not to worry, as the docks already in place for passenger ferries were simply expanded to cater for clay to be transported on freighters. Yellow lines show clay coming to the brickworks by ship, the blue line is the clay line from Amsteg (now serviced by a pair of Class 08's, as opposed to the 2-6-4 and the Pannier Tank it used to be serviced by), and the red line is the out-going brick train that goes south-east to Fluelen. Bricks are also delivered locally in Bern by a pair of lorries.
Attachments
SCR204.png
SCR204.png (63.2 KiB) Viewed 6226 times
SCR202.png
SCR202.png (48.19 KiB) Viewed 6227 times
SCR203.png
SCR203.png (4.11 KiB) Viewed 6223 times
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Some more shots, this time from the 1950's.

Firstly, another shot of Bern Station, with an interesting grab-bag of motive power on display. Entering the northern platforms is an A4 hauling an express service. There are approx. 4 A4's remaining, and even now, they still have a complete monopoly on express running.

Pulling out of the station is a new EE 10000 diesel, with a short rake of speedlink vans. Originally commissioned to run passenger services in the southern region of the map, a select few EE 10000's run lumber services over the Central Mainline.

Also waiting at the station for a clear track is a Standard 5 with a mainline train, and a 2-6-4 in the terminus platforms with one of the few steam-hauled commuter trains. Most have since been upgraded to DMU's.

Secondly, a shot from the southern regions of the map, an area wholly dominated by diesels. The remaining 2-6-4's are feeling the pressue to keep their coal services, as Class 08's have replaced the Saddle-Tanks servicing the forest to the north. Occasionally, a passenger train will arrive behind a Standard 5, or the Cross-Country Express behind an A4, but thats about it.

Finally, as for commuter/local trains? Most, if not all of them are now being hauled by Metro-Cammel DMU's, as the increased capacity as well as cheaper running costs makes them more than a match for the 2-6-4's and Pannier tanks running their lines before them. Here we see one diving under the flying-bypass just north of Zug.
Attachments
SCR208.png
SCR208.png (46.38 KiB) Viewed 6201 times
SCR207.png
SCR207.png (59.94 KiB) Viewed 6201 times
SCR206.png
SCR206.png (96.26 KiB) Viewed 6201 times
ImageImage
Pookey
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Pookey »

Very Good Networks, Rai

By the way, where do you get the crossing from?
Attachments
The Crossing
The Crossing
scr206_1902.PNG (110.22 KiB) Viewed 6184 times
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Pookey wrote:Very Good Networks, Rai

By the way, where do you get the crossing from?
That crossing is part of the Combined Roadset, which you can find on GRF Crawler. I haven't used TTD default roads for ages, and I even forget what they look like until someone shows me, then I freak out and fall over. Always using the US Roads w/ CanSet/NARS and the Combined Roadset with UKRS/DBXL/AU Set.

Here are some more, now that I'm in 1960.

Firstly, another shot of the busy industrial town of Aarau, in the south. Still the first section of the line to see diesel traffic, steam has almost been completely removed from trains here. The 2-6-4's on the coal trains are slowly being replaced by Class 20's, suitable for the short, flat run with the coal wagons. Leaving the station to the north is a Class 08 with some empty lumber wagons, running back up to the forest to the north. On all passenger trains save for fast trains and express trains (the latter don't stop here anyway), the Metro-Cammell is a common sight.

Shortly afterwards, the company changed it's primary diesel/electric colour scheme from green to blue, and in an unprecedented move, painted all of the rolling stock at once. While it was moving. At around the same time, it aquired a pair of test AL6's to use on the new mainline deep into the eastern mountains. Currently, passengers can catch a train from (almost) anywhere to Fluelen, and change to the electric train there, or can catch a diesel hauled (Currently hauled by Class 24's and 25's) service from Bern, which runs express to Fluelen, then all stops on the same line the AL6's are on.

The third shot shows the current electric-train terminus, at Bumpliz. Passengers have the option of changing trains here, but more trains arrive/depart from Fluelen, so it's far more convenient. Bumpliz was more of a convenient place to turn the trains around. Also on show here is one of the last standard 5's, as they are slowly being taken over by Class 37's and Class 24's/25's. The 2-6-4 next to the AL6 is running a small branch line to the south, and is likely to continue on until it needs replacement.
Attachments
SCR212.png
SCR212.png (67.98 KiB) Viewed 6105 times
SCR211.png
SCR211.png (42.19 KiB) Viewed 6106 times
SCR210.png
SCR210.png (80.48 KiB) Viewed 6110 times
ImageImage

Return to “Screenshots”