[TTDP/OTTD] Raichase's Official Screenshot Thread

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Oooh, look, it's me again... Here are some more offerings from the 30's.

1. Bakers Cove Airport, even though it has never SEEN an airship in revenue service, seems to be where old, clapped out airships come to die. This is the third accident in a decade, and it's getting a mite bit annoying. They must be coming from a neighbouring isle, and although nobody has been hurt yet, it's only a matter of time. That, and it's a real pain in the brake-van to clean up. So yes, Bakers Cove is where they come to die. Not to sound insensitive, but I wish they would just crash in a field somewhere...

2. A saddle-tank hauls empties out of the loading-platforms at Barking. Here, the coal is brought down from the mines in the hills to be loaded onto ships that then head east, through the rivers to Hart-Tyme Power Station. At last count, there were seven ships devoted purely to running coal on this route. Thats HALF of the fleet owned by The Company... Thats a lot of coal, and more of it piling up at the station.

3. In 1939, two long-term goals were completed by The Company. The first was the completion of a main-line rail service between Bakers Cove and Hart-Tyme, stopping at Harlow and Gosport. The second was the maiden flight of an air service from BC to HT. As you can see from this picture, both services arrived at the same time. Or Tyme. Haha.

Yeah, all groaning aside... The air-route is serviced by displaced HP42's, which used to fly the BC->Winchester route, but as that is now done by a pair of shiny new DC-3's, the HP's are now running this shorter, less prestigious route. Passengers wishing to travel are advised to travel by air, as the over-land train is slower, and makes intermediate stops. A good thing for seeing the countryside, but it is more intended as a service for regional towns to access the cities, rather than a city-city transport link. Although, there are plans to run a Streamliner A4 service non-stop between the two towns, to allow the HP's to run more regional flights...
Attachments
SCR262.png
SCR262.png (68.2 KiB) Viewed 5114 times
SCR261.png
SCR261.png (28.53 KiB) Viewed 5116 times
SCR260.png
SCR260.png (54.29 KiB) Viewed 5117 times
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

It looks kind of cool with that airship in flames, but I've never used anyone in my game myself. If I were I'd probably have it run as some sort of a tourist attraction - hopefully without accidents! :P

The same goes for steam engines. I usally enjoy the modern era, but as it's a nice view with some of those old engines running through the landscape, I'll implement a veteran route - again for tourists - in my upcoming game. Too bad though it can't be scheduled to run during summertime only, but you can't have it all!

On another note, I enjoy the "imaginary" story of the daily life as it's passing by on your map! :P
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

SAC wrote:It looks kind of cool with that airship in flames, but I've never used anyone in my game myself. If I were I'd probably have it run as some sort of a tourist attraction - hopefully without accidents! :P
Well, thats a TTD-generated disaster that befalls airports in the early years. It seems to have singled out BC Airport for it, because currently I've seen five in fifteen years...
SAC wrote:The same goes for steam engines. I usally enjoy the modern era, but as it's a nice view with some of those old engines running through the landscape, I'll implement a veteran route - again for tourists - in my upcoming game. Too bad though it can't be scheduled to run during summertime only, but you can't have it all!
I enjoy the modern era the most, but I still like building my network during the days of steam, and having the odd, premium express service hauled by a BR18/01/05 with the DBXL, or an A4/A3 with the UKRS. I really enjoy tinkering with my trains liveries, consists, and electrifying lines in the later years, so I like to get my network all built in the early years.
SAC wrote:On another note, I enjoy the "imaginary" story of the daily life as it's passing by on your map! :P
Thankyou :)
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
ImageImage
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

I just remembered I always turn disasters off! I think I started doing it as I did enjoy looking at some crashes from time to time, but never liked to have to replace them afterwards. Not that it was THAT many, but still... :P

Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

SAC wrote:I just remembered I always turn disasters off! I think I started doing it as I did enjoy looking at some crashes from time to time, but never liked to have to replace them afterwards. Not that it was THAT many, but still... :P
Well, the airship involved is always a random AI one from off-map, so no replacement nessacary, but you do have watch your airport shut down for a few months :(.
ImageImage
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Yeah, but on the other hand it does add to the realism itself - not perhaps by having an airport shut down for a couple of months though due to an airship having a disaster, but the disaster itself. :P

Anyway, I never play with the AI itself. Not that I didn't enjoy having them around even though their stupid rail- and road constructions is enough for a book itself, (as I always gave them a helping hand by straighten out their networks), but mainly because I don't like it when they start to mess up my landscaping! :evil:

A question, do you allow your towns to grow the original way, or do you take upon yourself to plan local roads?

Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

SAC wrote:A question, do you allow your towns to grow the original way, or do you take upon yourself to plan local roads?
Oh, townbuildnoroads is definatly off. That way, I can still have some nice, small regional towns to service with a single-railcar or DMU even in 2000, much like we have here in Australia. The daily train through most towns is the only rail traffic they get that isn't freight.

So yeah, I let cities grow big if they want, but also keep some towns tiny :)). Seeing as this map has roads connecting towns, it looks nice to see houses follow the road between towns, and the town centre with a couple of shops.
ImageImage
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

so you mean that the switch townbuildnoroads is on. :?:
*** Ce French Train Set ***
*** Visit my transport related pictures on Flickr ***
ImageImageImageImageImage
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
"A committee is a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done" (Fred Allen 1894-1956 US radio comic).
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

The Irish wrote:so you mean that the switch townbuildnoroads is on. :?:
*Nods*

Damn me and my long days at work. Means I tend to make silly, easily avoidable mistakes like the above :tongue:.

Thanks The_Irish :)).
ImageImage
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

:P

Yeah, that's a wonderful feature to have, to be able to keep preferred sizes on towns!

Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Rai, very nice catching of zepellin disaster! :D
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
Pookey
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Pookey »

I just let the towns grow by themselves unless there is a specific reason that i want a town to grow a certain way.
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Wile E. Coyote wrote:Rai, very nice catching of zepellin disaster! :D
Thanks.

Actually, for that disaster, the HP in the shot started taxiing for take off, and the zepplin smashed down onto it. Nothing happened, and the airport started to work normally, as if there was not flaming wreckage sitting on the runway :o.

Was pretty funny to watch the DC3's landing on the wreckage, and coming out unscathed.
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Just some quick ones before I go to bed...
Attachments
Look, ships! Most of them are carrying coal, but some livestock, others clay, some gravel and iron ore...
Look, ships! Most of them are carrying coal, but some livestock, others clay, some gravel and iron ore...
SCR270.png (30.9 KiB) Viewed 904 times
A port on the western river bank, just south of Tamworth. All cargo is shipped across the river, and gravel and iron arrive here to go towards the steelmills and engineers yards in the towns around Bakers Cove.
A port on the western river bank, just south of Tamworth. All cargo is shipped across the river, and gravel and iron arrive here to go towards the steelmills and engineers yards in the towns around Bakers Cove.
SCR269.png (56.14 KiB) Viewed 4703 times
Bakers Cove, with the outgoing goods port to the north-west, and the incoming goods to the south-east. Both stations serve passengers, from the north/south respectivly
Bakers Cove, with the outgoing goods port to the north-west, and the incoming goods to the south-east. Both stations serve passengers, from the north/south respectivly
SCR267.png (130.88 KiB) Viewed 902 times
ImageImage
Jim Powers
President
President

Harbours

Post by Jim Powers »

Mr. Raichase;

Nice Harbours you have there, my Friend. Does those billboards come with Mr. blunck's
suberb "Platform" stations? I've never had them appear as yet. I almost always install
his Small/Big station, Benches and/or Roofs. Anyway you look at it ,they're coooool! 8)
Good work, Big Guy, keep 'em comin'.

And, of course, thanks for all your faithful help listing my scenarios. You're the best. :wink:

Always,
Jim Powers
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

i think they appear if you use the platforms option in the list of srtation components.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

Excellent screenshots Raichase. :D

I'll look forward to seeing many more when i return
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Thanks for the comments from Jim, Geo Ghost and everyone else.

Sadly, that company went under shortly after the last batch of screenshots, nothing I did could revive it. The sheer expense of running two sets of mainline trains on either side of the river for most freight, as well as the ships, meant that there was just not enough profit to pay for it all, and as there were more and more loss making trains, it just all went under.

Never mind, I've learned a vauble lesson about the UKRS. It's going to be FAR more efficiant if I bring inland cargo to the river by mainline train, then get the ports as close to their destination as possible, and if needed, run a shunting service to get the cargo there from the port. So, my plan of centralised ports and unloading centres didn't work, so I'm trying more, smaller ports, only unloading at coastal towns and industry. Should make for an interesting change of pace, methinks.

But anyway, after re-setting the game, and starting afresh, I'm getting some nice scenes even now in 1924.
Attachments
Quiet corner in the north of the map, Epping Forest used to be a massive section of greenbelt. Hey, used to be. See the sawmill? With most of the trees gone, the town's nothing more than a hamlet now...
Quiet corner in the north of the map, Epping Forest used to be a massive section of greenbelt. Hey, used to be. See the sawmill? With most of the trees gone, the town's nothing more than a hamlet now...
SCR280.png (45.92 KiB) Viewed 4392 times
I'm glad the signalmen know whats going on at Poole, because so far the branch line passengers have never tried to get off the train at the coal sidings yet...
I'm glad the signalmen know whats going on at Poole, because so far the branch line passengers have never tried to get off the train at the coal sidings yet...
SCR279.png (101.27 KiB) Viewed 847 times
A busy morning at SH Abattoir, with clay trains coming in and out of the yard, as well as the resident tram engine hauling empty cattle trucks back to the farm.
A busy morning at SH Abattoir, with clay trains coming in and out of the yard, as well as the resident tram engine hauling empty cattle trucks back to the farm.
SCR278.png (63.91 KiB) Viewed 869 times
ImageImage
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Harbours

Post by lobster »

Jim Powers wrote:Nice Harbours you have there, my Friend. Does those billboards come with Mr. blunck's
suberb "Platform" stations?
they're the harbour/freight station set, by Sanchimaru. :wink:
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
Dave

Post by Dave »

No... Those billboards are in the style of MB's work. I haven't been able to find them either... Is there something I'm missing or do they just appear later?
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...

Return to “Screenshots”