Spongebob... The horror...!
Last set of screens here, we are going to take a obligatory journey on this vast and demented network.
7) The train we are following is circled, as it may be hard to find amidst the muddle that is a cropped giant screenshot. 319L is composed of an EMD Class 67 (Goods by night, pax by day - it's super train!), a new, shiny, round mail van, and five new, shiny, round pax cars. Its callsign indicates that it is company engine number 19, hauling a local train on route 3, which is a long and eclectic loop encompassing about half the map.
The Pendolino approaching on left is not very old and does not urgently need replacing. Nor is the one two tracks over. Or the one pulling out of Crossroads.
Barely cut out of the picture, just north of Sector 3 airport is a Costar Hydra. The tech savvy nerd-politicans of Midgar (The same ones responsible for those single headed Eurostars and 5ATs) are always interested in new technologies and own shares in the Costar company. I smell a scandal.
8) Having stopped at Crossroads and departed, 319L travels a city's length on the Midgar Main and heads to the west. The four track line runs almost two thirds the length of the map. Due to some nifty routing, goods trains usually run on the inner tracks, and other trains on the outer tracks. Class 67's are unrealistically hauling everything from steel to coal. Maybe someone out there just likes really fast coal trains.
9) Northwest of Crossroads, 319L turns onto another main line. The Chesedonia (Formerly Pranway) Main is a four track line disguised as a two track line to confuse the average layman. There's stuff going on at the Chesedonia Industrial Park. Lots of stuff. Like steel being milled. Not so coincidentally, Chesedonia Industrial (B) is also the terminus of the Midgar Main. What a surprise.
To our left is another Costar Hydra. It is running round trips from some Oil Rigs.
Entering track four of Chesedonia Industrial (B) is some coal and wood. But GOOD LORD! It's in the SAME TRAIN! What is the world coming to!? There is also livestock and grain in the same train just behind that Costar Hydra.
Finally, on track four of Chesedonia Industrial (A) is a brakevan attached to a Wardale 604 and some pax cars. If you think of 319L and line (3) as the minute hand of a clock going in reverse, then 333E is like the second hand going the right way around.
EDIT: The pics are out of order for some odd reason.
- (908.29 KiB) Downloaded 256 times
- CLPT17008.png (174.92 KiB) Viewed 13207 times
- (989.04 KiB) Downloaded 276 times