Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:25 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8318 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1410 411 412 413 414416 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:25 am 
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...
Darkmast49 wrote:
m3henry wrote:
WTF?!? Raichase. what is your screen resolution? HOW BIG IS YOUR MONITER? ?( ?( ?(

He made a giant screenshot with TTDPatch, that's all ;) (It's double or triple as big as a normal screenshot.)

SHHHH! Ah, bugger it.

Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:21 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

In Herisau, which, together with Bargen, Barzheim and Horgen houses more then 17'000 citizen, the infrastructure has come to its absolute limit. The forests near Amsteg, and Spiez have continously increased their production and also the Iron Ore mines are not doing too bad. All this, plus the increased frequency in passenger services made the delays just too much to bare.
See screen "Herisau 1988"

So in 1988, we decided to get rid of the freight trains running trough Herisau.
Local Counsil was all in favour of it and had no problem with giving us the land required for it.
In "Herisau 1988 overview" you can see the bigger picture.

Finally, in 1990, after quick building actions without any major difficulties, the bypass was completed. It now caters for all the wood trains to Winterthur Saw Mill as well as for the Iron Ore trains heading for the steel mill in Einsiedeln.
Further, in the course of this action, the trough tracks at Herisau station were expanded from 2 to 4, to cater for more Intercity trains.
Now, passenger trains finally do run on time again.

Attachments:
Herisau 1990 with bypass.png [1.15 MiB]
Downloaded 222 times
Herisau 1988 overview.png [1.03 MiB]
Downloaded 178 times
Herisau 1988.png [160.75 KiB]
Downloaded 218 times

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
"A committee is a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done" (Fred Allen 1894-1956 US radio comic).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:29 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

At the same time as the above bypass was constructed, the line which runs from Schaffhausen all the way to Freiburg is still not electrified. Further, the division running this part is short on fundings and this allows you to still see some quite old stock running around. In the below picture we see the two VT11.5 which still service between Freiburg and Schaffhausen/Spiez. Further to those, there are still two pairs of V200 running TEE services as well.
Some of the freight trains have been upgraded to BR232 which were imported from the East. Of course, the V160 is present as well, doing some IR as well as locals and small freight services.
So this line is a paradise for Diesel fans with all the different mainline diesels still running and not being in danger of replacement any time soon...

Attachments:
Diesel at Schönenberg.png [119.02 KiB]
Downloaded 213 times

"A committee is a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done" (Fred Allen 1894-1956 US radio comic).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:16 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Rush our at Einsiedeln. It's 07.30 in the morning and the station is flooded with long and short distance commuters coming in and heading out.
The station's speakers announce:
"Einsiedeln, your next connections:
- Regionalbahn to Basel, Herisau, stopping at all stations, Platform 1
- EuroCity "Rheinfall" to Herisau, Schaffhausen, Platform 2
- InterCity to Herisau, Flüelen, Bern, Schaffhausen, Platform 4,
- InterCity to Mattstetten, Zürich, Platform 5
- Regionalbahn to Herzogenbuchsee, Zürich, stopping at all stations, later Platform 6"

Attachments:
Einsiedeln 1993.png [150.15 KiB]
Downloaded 183 times

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:55 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Raichase wrote:
Darkmast49 wrote:
m3henry wrote:
WTF?!? Raichase. what is your screen resolution? HOW BIG IS YOUR MONITER? ?( ?( ?(

He made a giant screenshot with TTDPatch, that's all ;) (It's double or triple as big as a normal screenshot.)

SHHHH! Ah, bugger it.

Should I edit it or are you going to? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:34 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Sorry for the double posting, but I just have to show the following screenshot to the people who don't watch the OTTD section too: the picture.
Original post

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:46 am 
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...
XeryusTC wrote:
Sorry for the double posting, but I just have to show the following screenshot to the people who don't watch the OTTD section too: the picture.
Original post

Whoo, thats pretty nutso...

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:58 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

A normal day on my trainline.

Attachments:
File comment: Here we see V1 to the bottom of the screen, as well as S1, and several B's at the top. Mainline trains are late as usual. Passengers enraged. Railfans unsympathetic.
10.PNG
10.PNG [ 208.21 KiB | Viewed 4388 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:46 pm 
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

XeryusTC wrote:
Original post

What are the seemingly useless little loops of track with signals in reverse to the direction of the track normally? I've seen them used in a number of OTTD screenies, do they have any use in the patch?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:55 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

SuperTycoon wrote:
XeryusTC wrote:
Original post

What are the seemingly useless little loops of track with signals in reverse to the direction of the track normally? I've seen them used in a number of OTTD screenies, do they have any use in the patch?

AFAIK, they prioritize the lines. They keep the sideline waiting if there's a train approaching at the mainline, so the mainline won't jam because of a sideline train joining the mainline.

GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:43 pm 
Director
Director

Screenage.

Attachments:
Hartley.png
Hartley.png [ 67.55 KiB | Viewed 4221 times ]
Easton.png
Easton.png [ 82.31 KiB | Viewed 4223 times ]
Warding Harbour.png
Warding Harbour.png [ 84.85 KiB | Viewed 4224 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:19 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

What's wrong with your Easton town? It seems as if the soccer field has been cut in half - and that the WTC is...well, not complete? :?

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:19 pm 
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Purno wrote:
AFAIK, they prioritize the lines. They keep the sideline waiting if there's a train approaching at the mainline, so the mainline won't jam because of a sideline train joining the mainline.

I can't put my finger on it... how do they work?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:26 pm 
Director
Director

SAC wrote:
What's wrong with your Easton town? It seems as if the soccer field has been cut in half - and that the WTC is...well, not complete? :?

definitly the screen, because it's fine in-game. Mind you, some of my industries in this game have come out a bit wierd; for example a brewery was a pile of logs and a steel mill roof lol. I need to sort out my grf folder, as i've lost track of things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:57 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Oh, okey! Well, as long as you know yourself what's really in those places! :P But it does look funny, as if the city council suddenly decided to avoid soccer fan riots by simply construct the road during the night, tossing away anything in its way!! LOL

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:49 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Here's a picture from my latest ausset game offerings

Attachments:
File comment: Set S3 heads towards Brunnen Heights, while sets B7 and B23 lead the line ahead of it. Passengers unconcerned. Railfans Entertained
11.PNG
11.PNG [ 141.42 KiB | Viewed 4179 times ]
File comment: 10-Car V-Sets are being tested on Mountains line, causng traffic jams. Set V2 awaits the line to be freed up. Passengers Furious Railfans Enthused.
12.PNG
12.PNG [ 68.35 KiB | Viewed 4155 times ]
File comment: 3203 crosses a river, and hads for the power stations. Passengers not present. Railfans Impressed.
13.PNG
13.PNG [ 55.99 KiB | Viewed 4141 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:38 am 
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Mines busier ;)

3601 in her green coat whooshes past 3602, just departing the station. On the up tracks, 3219 rumbles in with an all-stops service, while below 3212 loads coal at the mine.

The 36 class, among others, featured different liveries during their life on the NSWGR, and the AU set does a good job of randomising the green and black liveries.

Attachments:
SCR327.png
SCR327.png [ 53.85 KiB | Viewed 4138 times ]

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:33 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

very nice, the late ausset in optima forma. even through my current state of non-soberness i recognize the early carriages. nice!

"On the other hand, I have different fingers" -- The rascal formerly known as astath, loathing you and more specifically your religion. Anti-theist, be like it. -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club -- Good times.

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:06 am 
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Mindblowing!

Check out the good news here, AUS Land is actually a playable grf, currently in testing. Check that link for some cool screenies in the NSW Set topic, as well as that topic being the place to follow releases and discussion.

:D

Attachments:
File comment: 3204 battles its way up the steep grades on the way to the township of Bambaloo
SCR349.png
SCR349.png [ 12.34 KiB | Viewed 3760 times ]
File comment: 3202 rumbles into the sidings with a mixed goods train, mostly carrying livestock and grains.
SCR351.png
SCR351.png [ 33.01 KiB | Viewed 3755 times ]
File comment: 3203 crosses 3205 at Tooreeba Mines
SCR352.png
SCR352.png [ 32.81 KiB | Viewed 3745 times ]

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:32 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

And here's some from me aswell!

Attachments:
File comment: 3601 and 3620 queue behind 5701. Passengers unhappy. Railfans salivating everywhere.
17.PNG
17.PNG [ 179.76 KiB | Viewed 3736 times ]
File comment: 5703 passes an untargeted C32 class with a coal train. Passengers confused at the change of scenery. Railfans on the floor, passed out.
16.PNG
16.PNG [ 74.76 KiB | Viewed 3737 times ]

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8318 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1410 411 412 413 414416 Next