Pictures of your games (non-OT thread)

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Aegir wrote:Managed to get an interesting look, combining UKRS, the Japanset landscape, SAC's awesome trees, then with temperate and arctic climate buildings, and then the Japanset buildings, the North American Building Set, and TTRSv2!

Interesting result, I like it :D.

Let no-one say that I'm against multi-culturalism :P.
It's basically British day in JapanTown somewhere in the USA... :lol:
(But actually, I can't see any graphics from UKRS or TTRv2 :?).
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

White Rabbit wrote:
Aegir wrote:Managed to get an interesting look, combining UKRS, the Japanset landscape, SAC's awesome trees, then with temperate and arctic climate buildings, and then the Japanset buildings, the North American Building Set, and TTRSv2!

Interesting result, I like it :D.

Let no-one say that I'm against multi-culturalism :P.
It's basically British day in JapanTown somewhere in the USA... :lol:
(But actually, I can't see any graphics from UKRS or TTRv2 :?).
Trains are from UKRS. Building with the clock is from TTRSv2. The clay pit that's obscured by trees is from UKRS.
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
Lloyd Wolf
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Lloyd Wolf »

Wow, I didn't know you COULD combine Jp Set Buildings, TTRS2, and North American Buildings...

But more screens!

It is June of 2030.

1) Those blasphemous single headed Eurostars have been replaced by 5AT's. Either there is a serious power crisis or someone really likes steam. Here, 5AT No. 220L pulls a loaded train out of Sector 12.

But what's this? New safety measures require a brakevan to be added to the end of this train! It is crewed by a crew of three! Just like on commercial jets, passengers in the back of the train must help operate the brakevan in the case of an emergency.

The Pendolino headed southwest, No. 1231L, is getting very old and urgently needs replacing. Clearly the trainload of passengers are unaware.

Further south at Midgar Industrial, a trio of [Insert that confusing name that starts with a C here] maglevs await a load of goods. Replacing the previous goods fleet, some 10 to 20 EMD Class 67's, the maglevs run a circuitous route originally designed for local passenger maglevs.

2) Scratch that power crisis. Just north of Sector 12 we see a set of British unit (No pun intended) trains hauling coal. Each train is multiheaded... err, multi-engined by two AL10's, generating a whopping 20000 hp.

3) But that 20000 hp pales in comparison to the 35000 hp of 19 coupled Type 3's! But that mighty engine doesn't work for free - it costs 440000 a year to operate! Such a unit would be suitable for moving countries and similar heavy freight duties.

(Now don't ask how that mutant came to be - I'm not really sure myself)

(Interestingly, concerning the AL10 hauled coal trains - I can get more tons of coal in a 9 square train hauling the small mineral wagons than I can in a 9 square train composed of polybulk hoppers. Is this a bug or a feature?)
Attachments
CLPT17006.png
CLPT17006.png (109.57 KiB) Viewed 16260 times
CLPT17005.png
CLPT17005.png (181.55 KiB) Viewed 16261 times
CLPT17004.png
CLPT17004.png (232.3 KiB) Viewed 16262 times
||Linkxors||NW||DA||BS||MJ||
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Digest this into your grotesque eye-holes my filthy stink children:
Attachments
Our train returns to Frendingbury, after having stopped off in Cardworth. Passengers who boarded on Frendingbury who did not disembark at Cardworth are slightly miffed for getting on earlier than they had to. Railfans seemed unconcerned.
Our train returns to Frendingbury, after having stopped off in Cardworth. Passengers who boarded on Frendingbury who did not disembark at Cardworth are slightly miffed for getting on earlier than they had to. Railfans seemed unconcerned.
3.png (96.19 KiB) Viewed 16134 times
A short while later and we arrive in Cardworth, a small town to the north of Frendingbury boasting a small population, and one of the regions only Gaols.
A short while later and we arrive in Cardworth, a small town to the north of Frendingbury boasting a small population, and one of the regions only Gaols.
2.png (77.51 KiB) Viewed 16135 times
Our journey begins in Frendingbury, abboard our 4-6-2 Streamliner. Our trip will take us allong the full length of Frendingbury Transport's passenger rail network.
Our journey begins in Frendingbury, abboard our 4-6-2 Streamliner. Our trip will take us allong the full length of Frendingbury Transport's passenger rail network.
1.png (100.93 KiB) Viewed 16139 times

Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Continued...
Attachments
Tronfinghill saw a lot of expansion as the years went on. Most recent of which was a large expansion project on the cities only station to allow more traffic to pass through it.
Tronfinghill saw a lot of expansion as the years went on. Most recent of which was a large expansion project on the cities only station to allow more traffic to pass through it.
5.png (94.37 KiB) Viewed 16132 times
We pass an aging 4-4-0 express allong the line. Our 4-6-2 has no problem with the incline, whereas the aging steamers struggle somewhat.
We pass an aging 4-4-0 express allong the line. Our 4-6-2 has no problem with the incline, whereas the aging steamers struggle somewhat.
4.png (78.46 KiB) Viewed 16130 times

Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

And the last two:
Attachments
And our journey ends at Sonnwell, gateway to the mountains beyond, and one of the few major spots on the network to not see as much of an asian influence in it's construction. Rumour around town is that the terminus is due to be expanded, and the main-lin
And our journey ends at Sonnwell, gateway to the mountains beyond, and one of the few major spots on the network to not see as much of an asian influence in it's construction. Rumour around town is that the terminus is due to be expanded, and the main-lin
7.png (91.04 KiB) Viewed 16125 times
The mainline splits, and takes us through  Rannington, quite possibly one of the prettiest spots on the network.
The mainline splits, and takes us through Rannington, quite possibly one of the prettiest spots on the network.
6.png (89.26 KiB) Viewed 16128 times

BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

Some more screens to get you foaming at the lips over the ausset.
Attachments
A brand new D57 passes the 3601, to head towards the sawmill at Bakers Cove. Passengers more concerned about getting home for a beer. Railfans glued to the window.
A brand new D57 passes the 3601, to head towards the sawmill at Bakers Cove. Passengers more concerned about getting home for a beer. Railfans glued to the window.
23.PNG (77.35 KiB) Viewed 16086 times
Formerly known as Lachie
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Aegir wrote:Digest this into your grotesque eye-holes my filthy stink children:
:shock: Those trees, buildings etc. Amazing
/me going to convert .pcx pictures :)
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

Some impressions from my latest game:

1. Freetown, on the southern end of the map is becoming a major hub for passenger travel. There is a commuter line (electrified) which runs from Tatburg springs via Freetown, Grunwell and Wruninghall to Druham. That is run by a EE1, currently the only passenger electric. Then we have the mainline which runs along the steep slopes up to Fladingworth, then crosses the river to Huntburg. the line in the other direction is not yet finished, but will eventually run via Wruninghall towards the North-West.

2. On the Northern end of the map lies the small town of Pronston, which gives the mining area across the river its name. Here the miners have found iron ore, coal and gravel, all of it is shipped down to the river landings where it is loaded into vessels and shipped to the Flintston-Newcastle industrial area.

3. the Flintston-Newcastle industrial area features a busy stell mill as well as a brickworks. coal is also coming from other mines towards the south and unloaded at Flintston Heights, from where it is brought in by small trucks to the steelmill. Most of that coal however is going to the Newcastle Powerplant, further north.
Attachments
No 3
No 3
Flintston-Newcastle Industrial.png (133.24 KiB) Viewed 1328 times
No 2
No 2
Pronston Minings.png (112.9 KiB) Viewed 1344 times
No 1
No 1
Freetown.png (83.02 KiB) Viewed 16028 times
*** Ce French Train Set ***
*** Visit my transport related pictures on Flickr ***
ImageImageImageImageImage
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
"A committee is a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done" (Fred Allen 1894-1956 US radio comic).
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Nice story The Irish! I tought I add some pic too :)
Hope Sac dosent mind if I use her trees! Coded them myself credits are in :)
Attachments
SpongeBob SquarePants with SAc new trees :)
SpongeBob SquarePants with SAc new trees :)
19.11.2006pilt12.png (317.9 KiB) Viewed 1388 times
Steel Mill.... I was lucky when my 3 iron ore mines production was 1000 tons per month!
Steel Mill.... I was lucky when my 3 iron ore mines production was 1000 tons per month!
19.11.2006pilt8.png (314.34 KiB) Viewed 1389 times
Factory
Factory
19.11.2006pilt7.png (359.9 KiB) Viewed 1395 times
Lloyd Wolf
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Lloyd Wolf »

Spongebob... The horror...!

Last set of screens here, we are going to take a obligatory journey on this vast and demented network.

7) The train we are following is circled, as it may be hard to find amidst the muddle that is a cropped giant screenshot. 319L is composed of an EMD Class 67 (Goods by night, pax by day - it's super train!), a new, shiny, round mail van, and five new, shiny, round pax cars. Its callsign indicates that it is company engine number 19, hauling a local train on route 3, which is a long and eclectic loop encompassing about half the map.

The Pendolino approaching on left is not very old and does not urgently need replacing. Nor is the one two tracks over. Or the one pulling out of Crossroads.

Barely cut out of the picture, just north of Sector 3 airport is a Costar Hydra. The tech savvy nerd-politicans of Midgar (The same ones responsible for those single headed Eurostars and 5ATs) are always interested in new technologies and own shares in the Costar company. I smell a scandal.

8) Having stopped at Crossroads and departed, 319L travels a city's length on the Midgar Main and heads to the west. The four track line runs almost two thirds the length of the map. Due to some nifty routing, goods trains usually run on the inner tracks, and other trains on the outer tracks. Class 67's are unrealistically hauling everything from steel to coal. Maybe someone out there just likes really fast coal trains.

9) Northwest of Crossroads, 319L turns onto another main line. The Chesedonia (Formerly Pranway) Main is a four track line disguised as a two track line to confuse the average layman. There's stuff going on at the Chesedonia Industrial Park. Lots of stuff. Like steel being milled. Not so coincidentally, Chesedonia Industrial (B) is also the terminus of the Midgar Main. What a surprise.

To our left is another Costar Hydra. It is running round trips from some Oil Rigs.

Entering track four of Chesedonia Industrial (B) is some coal and wood. But GOOD LORD! It's in the SAME TRAIN! What is the world coming to!? There is also livestock and grain in the same train just behind that Costar Hydra.

Finally, on track four of Chesedonia Industrial (A) is a brakevan attached to a Wardale 604 and some pax cars. If you think of 319L and line (3) as the minute hand of a clock going in reverse, then 333E is like the second hand going the right way around.

EDIT: The pics are out of order for some odd reason.
Attachments
CLPT17009.png
CLPT17009.png (908.29 KiB) Viewed 1275 times
CLPT17008.png
CLPT17008.png (174.92 KiB) Viewed 15969 times
CLPT17007.png
CLPT17007.png (989.04 KiB) Viewed 1295 times
Lloyd Wolf
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Lloyd Wolf »

10) We leave Chesedonia and continue northwest through a couple of check points and towards the nothernmost point and terminus of the (3) line, Quarnville. But WAIT! This is not Quarnville! What gives!

Central is south of and actually two stops down from Quarnville. But since there really isn't anything exciting on that line, I've skipped the screens. What is Central the central of? Beats me. But the central station in Central is called Central Central. There used to be two stations in Central. The Central station that wasn't Central Central used to be the terminus for those goods pullin' maglevs. That honor has gone west.

There is a Costar Century going west. It is clearly the handiwork of those politicians. Generally the company prefers its Pendolinos.

11) And we are back in the mess that is Midgar. Despite the craftiness of those nerd-politicians, they still have to figured out how to remove the congestion on in Sector 12. They have, however, put an ample amount of government spending into green technology, purchasing several trains from the Costar company.

But what about those 5ATs? They have been painted green and blue to promote green alternatives.

At the sector 3 airport is an A380. It is also painted green and blue for mysterious reaons. Advertising, maybe?

12) Back at Headquarters, the southern terminus of the (3) line. You just spent three months going nowhere! Please watch the doors and have a nice day. You can even take 316L and ride the loop in the opposite direction!

EDIT: The pictures are out of order again, probably due to the file sizes :?
Attachments
CLPT17012.png
CLPT17012.png (243.62 KiB) Viewed 15959 times
CLPT17011.png
CLPT17011.png (1.04 MiB) Viewed 1248 times
CLPT17010.png
CLPT17010.png (201.68 KiB) Viewed 15960 times
Last edited by Lloyd Wolf on 19 Nov 2006 19:58, edited 1 time in total.
Saibot
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Saibot »

ISA wrote:Nice story The Irish! I tought I add some pic too :)
Those dark industrial stations in 1st and 2nd pictures, are those avalible somewhere?
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Saibot wrote:
Those dark industrial stations in 1st and 2nd pictures, are those avalible somewhere?
Industrial Stations in download section
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

two screenies of my network
Attachments
This screenie is of my main junction thingie. Most trains pass through here, and there are often little jams as trains wait for each other. The coal pickup station you see was my original train line.
This screenie is of my main junction thingie. Most trains pass through here, and there are often little jams as trains wait for each other. The coal pickup station you see was my original train line.
SCR22.png (125.32 KiB) Viewed 1356 times
A screenie of my entire network.
A screenie of my entire network.
SCR21.png (192.67 KiB) Viewed 1327 times
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

Another pic
Attachments
5704 pulls an empty oil train back towards Braintree oil wells. Passengers not present. Railfans enjoying every minute of it.
5704 pulls an empty oil train back towards Braintree oil wells. Passengers not present. Railfans enjoying every minute of it.
24.PNG (65.87 KiB) Viewed 15852 times
Formerly known as Lachie
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

A random shot from my game...
Attachments
3201 and 3606 struggle up the bank into Balleroo with a loaded coal.
3201 and 3606 struggle up the bank into Balleroo with a loaded coal.
SCR382.png (78.04 KiB) Viewed 15653 times
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Saibot
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Saibot »

ISA wrote:
Saibot wrote:
Industrial Stations in download section
Thank you :)
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Lloyd Wolf wrote:(Interestingly, concerning the AL10 hauled coal trains - I can get more tons of coal in a 9 square train hauling the small mineral wagons than I can in a 9 square train composed of polybulk hoppers. Is this a bug or a feature?)
The polybulk hoppers can go a lot faster though - assuming you have wagon speedlimits turned on.
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Ooh, is it TTDP? Is it OTTD? ;)

I don't think you can see a difference unless you know the scenario I'm playing or recognise the way the screenshot is named. It's OTTD. If it was TTDP, I would of course be using different PBS signals, and probably UKRSI.
Attachments
Finningworth Transport, 7th May 1955.png
Finningworth Transport, 7th May 1955.png (207.25 KiB) Viewed 1394 times

Return to “Screenshots”