Screenshot Of The Month Competition Jan 2016 - Mar 2020

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - April 2019 - VOTING

Post by wallyweb »

Emperor Jake wrote:Ah damn, I was tired and the poll looks different after I voted since the no re-voting change so I didn't see it was still running. Luckily I didn't remove it.

Pay no attention to tired me, the poll is still running and it's a close race!
:lol: We all wake up from time to time wondering if we are on the yesterday side or the tomorrow side of that big black line globe makers like to draw on their globes. By the way, has anybody actually seen that line? And why is it crooked in some places? :lol:
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

wallyweb wrote:
Emperor Jake wrote:Ah damn, I was tired and the poll looks different after I voted since the no re-voting change so I didn't see it was still running. Luckily I didn't remove it.

Pay no attention to tired me, the poll is still running and it's a close race!
:lol: We all wake up from time to time wondering if we are on the yesterday side or the tomorrow side of that big black line globe makers like to draw on their globes. By the way, has anybody actually seen that line? And why is it crooked in some places? :lol:
Me, too, all of this interestingly to know. So say the true reasons :mrgreen: .
Congratulations the screenshot andres1555 :)) . Excellent work. This is a victory literally at the last moment with a margin of one voice. It could have been a tie. This time it will be even more interesting to learn a new topic. Really pleases a large number of competitors. I won't write an opinion about how someone relates to the current theme and that decides to show. Not my business :lol: .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

And the results are in, for real this time!

It has been a close race, but andres1555 has come out on top! Commiserations to our close runners-up.

Code: Select all

andres1555		14
Romazoon		  13
Fredinho		  12
mr jj		     10
FulliAutomatix	7
wallyweb		   7
BW89		       5
OzTrans		    4
acs121		     2
Emperor Jake	  1
skummel		    0
------------------
Total			  75
As for the new theme, andres1555 has selected "Underground Solutions"
Lets see what can be done when the map is full and the stations need to have something over them.
Examples of grfs: The "Dutch Addition Set" with their Metro Stations and the "Japanese Modular Stations".
Entries are open, let's get digging!

(edit: fixed order of final votes)
Last edited by Emperor Jake on 10 May 2019 02:57, edited 1 time in total.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

The theme is also quite extensive. Good luck. Let's hope that there will be enough competitors in this time :)) .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Fredinho
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - May 2019 - ENTRIES

Post by Fredinho »

So close! :) Congratulations to andres1555!

The next theme is not quite up my alley, but I'll see if I can give it a go!
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Congratulations Andres1555! :D

Now a question ... Does anybody know how to get one of these into my graphics app? :?
Erato
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Erato »

A very interesting theme indeed. I look forward to dusting off my compiler and making some custom graphics for the competition, although I don't have anything in mind yet.
No pics no clicks. Seriously.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

wallyweb wrote:Congratulations Andres1555! :D
From me too, I really liked that shot and voted for it. Great work!
wallyweb wrote:Now a question ... Does anybody know how to get one of these into my graphics app? :?
Now, that's what I call boring :D
andres1555
Engineer
Engineer

Post by andres1555 »

Erato wrote:A very interesting theme indeed. I look forward to dusting off my compiler and making some custom graphics for the competition, although I don't have anything in mind yet.
I think that this is the main goal of this competitions. To improve.

Thanks all for the congratulations.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Hi all, very interesting subject for this month.

Not sure if I be able to enter as not been well for a long time.

Something I been working on before that may or may not be good idea for underground railway system. So thought this be a good place to show you and see what you all think.

I made a bridge that just looks like a normal UK Road.
These 2 images give you an idea .. the one on left just some railway line and trains. To right it what these bridges look like. No pylons just the road and paving to match what you would get in a town.
Subway Overpass_01.png
Subway Overpass_01.png (35 KiB) Viewed 5046 times
This one is using Overlap objects Parks I created some time ago to see if my idea will work.
Subway Overpass_02.png
Subway Overpass_02.png (25.35 KiB) Viewed 5046 times
Vehicles drive across the bridges as if ordinary roads.

Hope later if this idea is worth continuing on with is to create overlaps with buildings on them but there are so many Town sets .. what buildings and from which set I should use. Or maybe I just use some of my town houses I made before.

If you like to try for yourself with what ever GRF sets you normally use. ere a copy of my bridge set. The GUI are not done as not been able to concentrate on new coding for now. Hope one day soon to finish it.

The Road Bridge is called "Subway Overpass Bridge" The Rail bridge with that name is wooden bridge .. I yet to change it to something else.

I'll put the source over in my "AuzBridges" forum if any one like to fiddle around with it.
Attachments
australian_bridges.grf
(406.2 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
Soot Happens
Screenshot Of The Month Winner March 2020
All my projects are GPLv2 License unless stated.
Auz Road Sets: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=87335
Auz Project Releases: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84725
Auz Trains: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193
Auz Industry Sets: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
Auz Objects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75657
Auz Bridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
Auz Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390
Auz Tracks: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82691
Auz Subway Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85335
Auz Eyecandy TramTracks: viewtopic.php?t=89908
andres1555
Engineer
Engineer

Post by andres1555 »

GarryG wrote:Hi all, very interesting subject for this month.

Not sure if I be able to enter as not been well for a long time.

Something I been working on before that may or may not be good idea for underground railway system. So thought this be a good place to show you and see what you all think.

I made a bridge that just looks like a normal UK Road.
These 2 images give you an idea .. the one on left just some railway line and trains. To right it what these bridges look like. No pylons just the road and paving to match what you would get in a town.
Subway Overpass_01.png
This one is using Overlap objects Parks I created some time ago to see if my idea will work.
Subway Overpass_02.png
Vehicles drive across the bridges as if ordinary roads.

Hope later if this idea is worth continuing on with is to create overlaps with buildings on them but there are so many Town sets .. what buildings and from which set I should use. Or maybe I just use some of my town houses I made before.

If you like to try for yourself with what ever GRF sets you normally use. ere a copy of my bridge set. The GUI are not done as not been able to concentrate on new coding for now. Hope one day soon to finish it.

The Road Bridge is called "Subway Overpass Bridge" The Rail bridge with that name is wooden bridge .. I yet to change it to something else.

I'll put the source over in my "AuzBridges" forum if any one like to fiddle around with it.

They look so good, but can theses bridges be added to the existing list? (not replacing them) and wear the sprites of the roads activated in the game (not the original).
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

andres1555: They look so good, but can theses bridges be added to the existing list? (not replacing them).
To my knowledge can only have a maximum of 16 bridges and each be given a Hex ID from 00 to OF.

I believe OD to OF are not used with existing bridges so I can change the ID to that and maybe make these subway bridges as a separate bridge set.
and wear the sprites of the roads activated in the game (not the original).
Not sure how to code that or if it can be done.

Probably could make 3 bridges using 3 different road types and make these bridges as a separate set and give them IDs not used by existing bridges.

See what I can do during the week and post updates over in my AuzBridge Forum at viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
Soot Happens
Andrew350
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Andrew350 »

GarryG wrote:To my knowledge can only have a maximum of 16 bridges and each be given a Hex ID from 00 to OF.

I believe OD to OF are not used with existing bridges so I can change the ID to that and maybe make these subway bridges as a separate bridge set.
Just be aware that ID's 0D through 0F are only available in JGR's patchpack; standard OpenTTD can only have 13 bridges :)
andres1555 wrote:and wear the sprites of the roads activated in the game (not the original).
GarryG wrote:Not sure how to code that or if it can be done.
NRT was recently merged into master which means roadtype NewGRFs should supply their own road sufaces onto all bridges automatically. For non-NRT roadsets the best solution would be to auto-detect the GRFID of the NewGRF and change your bridge graphics accordingly, or at least provide a parameter for users to select which roadset they are using. Just don't ask me how to do that in NFO, because I haven't tried it myself yet :P
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Andrew350: Just be aware that ID's 0D through 0F are only available in JGR's patchpack; standard OpenTTD can only have 13 bridges :)
Wallyweb told me about that some time ago and I forgot. Thanks for reminding me.
NRT was recently merged into master which means roadtype NewGRFs should supply their own road sufaces onto all bridges automatically. For non-NRT roadsets the best solution would be to auto-detect the GRFID of the NewGRF and change your bridge graphics accordingly, or at least provide a parameter for users to select which roadset they are using. Just don't ask me how to do that in NFO, because I haven't tried it myself yet :P
Join the club. Maybe some one can help us with the answer.

Cheers
Soot Happens
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Made a separate bridge file with just a road that will go over the top of the underground (subway) network.

You will need JGR's game set to try.

Appreciate if players can test it with what ever other bridge sets they are using to see if any errors and conflicts.

If all is ok I will add 2 more road bridges and remove the rail bridges (or redesign the rail bridges).

The bridge is called "Subway Overpass Roads UK".

Next question is what other roads should I use for the other 2.

Another idea been suggested to me .. where I have the pathways each side the road is I could put subway stairs their for access to the platforms below. .. Whatcha think?
Attachments
AuzSubwayOverpassBridges.grf
(41.71 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
Soot Happens
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

@fredinho

Finally a good use of MariCo tiles!

Question: What are those black spots at the ends of the MariCo modern quay extensions? Overlapping sprites from a foreign grf? Or a bug?

regards
Michael
Fredinho
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Fredinho »

Thank you very much :)

Those black spots are simply the Fake Bridges.grf by Zooks. You can find it here.
andres1555
Engineer
Engineer

Post by andres1555 »

GarryG wrote:Made a separate bridge file with just a road that will go over the top of the underground (subway) network.

You will need JGR's game set to try.

Appreciate if players can test it with what ever other bridge sets they are using to see if any errors and conflicts.

If all is ok I will add 2 more road bridges and remove the rail bridges (or redesign the rail bridges).

The bridge is called "Subway Overpass Roads UK".

Next question is what other roads should I use for the other 2.

Another idea been suggested to me .. where I have the pathways each side the road is I could put subway stairs their for access to the platforms below. .. Whatcha think?

Works perfect with JGRs. I always use American Road Replacement Set. To my point of view its the best road.
About putting subway stairs on road sides, the subway stations will be always huge compared to a road tile, so I think its better to let the stairs in a complete tile, like the pic attached.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Thanks andres1555 for the report and pic.

I'll accept your idea with the stairs.

With my station sets I do have some stations made for Underground platforms .. maybe it should be a separate grf just for undergrounds as some players like to use other stations sets rather than my lot for above ground.

Over in my AuzBridge forum
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248&start=140#p1221818

you will find the grf for 3 bridges. Default so can be used with the Dutch Road Furniture, UK and a US set.

Also find a object set with some overlapping Dutch Roads.

I think we better continue this discussions over there other wise Emperor Jake might thing these images we put here are part of the Competition :D

Cheers
Soot Happens
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

The end of May approaches and my entry is fresh out of the oven ...
The local authorities of the Québec Regional Transportation Commission (QRTC) had a problem. The road network could no longer support the traffic from the daily commute. The QRTC mandated two highways be built: North to South and East to West, intersecting at Québec City. A few years later, even this was insufficient. Twice a day the highways were no better than parking lots. After much discussion, it was decided that the commute was to be moved underground. Underground Solutions Inc. was contracted to design and build an underground solution. They would build subways with tunnels below the highways. Several years later, after great expense in time and money, the project was completed and traffic was virtually eliminated. There was one small problem. The highways had to be closed so that excavations could be done to construct the stations, after which the stations would be buried with the highway rebuilt above them. Underground Solutions was nearly bankrupt. Cheaper white paint was used for the lines, and the lights were limited to only one side of each lane. The local authorities were not happy, but the commuters loved the luxurious Bombardier subway coaches.
[+] Spoiler
Underground Solutions Inc. May, 2019.png
(2.71 MiB) Not downloaded yet

Return to “Screenshots”