Screenshot Of The Month Competition Jan 2016 - Mar 2020

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - October 2017 - ENTRIES

Post by STD »

Very good decision for the selection of three different screenshots :wink: . I voted for the following screenshots: SwissFan91, Emperor Jake and Voyager One :D .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - October 2017 - VOTING

Post by Emperor Jake »

And the results are in! An interesting competition this month - many great entries including some newcomers!

But the winner is non other than our former competition moderator, SwissFan91! We await his response for a theme for November. (Also check the leaderboard - he has a habit of winning in October :P )

Here are the final results. Participants were given three votes this round.

Code: Select all

SwissFan91			 11
STD					   9
wallyweb				 8
Darthrafael			 6
Emperor Jake			6
Juggynaut				5
piratescooby			5
Comm Cody			   4
Voyager One			 4
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - October 2017 - VOTING

Post by STD »

I congratulate with the victory screenshot SwissFan91. Well done :)) . In this time was a lot of beautiful pictures. The choice was not easy to do.
I hope that the new theme too will be just as fascinating.

I honestly did not expect that I will have the second place. Thank you to all those who voted for my screenshot :D .
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - November 2017

Post by Emperor Jake »

No word yet from SwissFan91, if he doesn't reply within 24 hours I'll open the competition without a theme :)
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Emperor Jake wrote:No word yet from SwissFan91, if he doesn't reply within 24 hours I'll open the competition without a theme :)
Probably just no free time at SwissFan91. I think you should choose another topic after 24 hours :) . And write in the rules the following :wink: : if the winner is within a certain number of days not reports a new theme, the moderator the right to choose your own theme for the contest.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

STD wrote:And write in the rules the following :wink: : if the winner is within a certain number of days not reports a new theme, the moderator the right to choose your own theme for the contest.
Already in the rules, that's why I said 24 hours, because then it will have been exactly 7 days :wink:
The winner is offered the chance to pick the next month's theme. If the winner declines to select a theme, or is not able to submit a theme within seven (7) days after being declared the winner, the competition moderator shall select a theme for the next competition.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

With apologies to David Bowie ... :bow:

"This is Ground Control to SwissFan91
You've really made the grade
And the Emperor wants to know your choice of theme
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare"

:mrgreen:
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Emperor Jake wrote:
STD wrote:And write in the rules the following :wink: : if the winner is within a certain number of days not reports a new theme, the moderator the right to choose your own theme for the contest.
Already in the rules, that's why I said 24 hours, because then it will have been exactly 7 days :wink:
The winner is offered the chance to pick the next month's theme. If the winner declines to select a theme, or is not able to submit a theme within seven (7) days after being declared the winner, the competition moderator shall select a theme for the next competition.
I am now once again read that rule. Thanks for the reminder, Jake :D
wallyweb wrote:With apologies to David Bowie ... :bow:

"This is Ground Control to SwissFan91

:mrgreen:
Very well and correctly stated :mrgreen: .
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

wallyweb wrote:"This is Ground Control to SwissFan91
You've ruined a good song there... I'm very disappointed in you Wally!
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Pilot wrote:You've ruined a good song there... I'm very disappointed in you Wally!
:cry:
But ... but ... Chris Hadfield and I are both Canadian. :roll:
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Well, it's been 7 days without a response, in accordance with the rules I'm opening the competition :wink:

The theme for November will be Freedom

Take from that what you will, it's a pretty open theme, so get screenshotting! :D
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

The theme for November will be Freedom
:D There's a travel agent in my town named Freedom Travel. How cool is that? Janis Joplin says I have nothing left to lose. 8)
Fairyfloss
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - November 2017 - ENTRIES

Post by Fairyfloss »

Freedom, huh? Well, these sheep seem to be getting a lot of it, somebody left the gate open!
[+] Spoiler
(If anyone would be so kind to explain how I can make my images not be absolutely massive that'd be great)
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Emperor Jake wrote: The theme for November will be Freedom
I like the new theme name. A good option, Jake :D .
I had some on the current theme. In any case, I'm in. I will try to send before the end of the month screenshot :) .

Good screenshot, Darthrafael. Well done :D .
Last edited by STD on 15 Nov 2017 17:55, edited 1 time in total.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Darthrafael wrote:Freedom, huh? Well, these sheep seem to be getting a lot of it, somebody left the gate open!
:D Well done!
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Darthrafael wrote: (If anyone would be so kind to explain how I can make my images not be absolutely massive that'd be great)
Nice entry :) The preferred method of submitting is to upload the image directly to the forums (Use "upload attachment") rather than third-prty hosting. It will auto-hide if the image is too big, but even if you embed it many modern browsers will auto-scale the image to fit your screen.
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

Was wondering what happened to Swissfan91 , I am sure he will approve on a Great theme ,now to get the gray cells working on a idea .
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

I'm back! Sorry for the absence. Moved back to Canada and had a few immigration issues to deal with.

Thanks for picking a theme in my absence. I never wanted to be 'that guy' who holds up the competition so thanks for moving things along!
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

SwissFan91 wrote:I'm back! Sorry for the absence. Moved back to Canada ...
The snow bunnies are doing cartwheels! :D
Welcome back to the wild rose. 8)
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I propose to extend the appointment of the screenshots on the theme of "Freedom" before the end of this weekend :) . Or there is another option - to extend until at least the middle of next week. I think people just were busy at the end of last month. And the theme in this time was chosen a week later. For me this is a very objective reasons for the renewal of taking screenshots :) .
I'll send a screenshot tonight. Left to finish the small details in the game :wink: .

Return to “Screenshots”