The Chunnel - Second Century

Discuss the Railroad Tycoon series of games in this forum.
jaftica
Engineer
Engineer

The Chunnel - Second Century

Post by jaftica »

Now I am experienced at playing RRT II, but this episode in the scenario gets me. It tells me in the briefing that I must have 100 loads between UK and France=bronze, plus 75 between UK and Belgium=silver, plus 50 between UK and Netherlands, 50 between UK and Germany and no debt=gold.

I finished the scenario with 112, 87, 60, 67 respectfully, and all loans paid off with over 4,500k cash, and the darn game still finished with silver. How do I get gold? Am I missing something?

I know I will have to wait now for one or more of you to fire up this scenario and run it, but I can wait. Just going on to the next episode. If someone finds my problem, I will return to do it later.

Thanks.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Re: The Chunnel - Second Century

Post by DaleStan »

Just a stab in the dark, but RRT likes to provide an earlier end-of-game for gold. If, for example, the scenario starts in 1995, bronze and silver end at 2025, but to achieve gold requires completing the requirements by 2020.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
jaftica
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jaftica »

Thanks for the reply.

I looked for that and read the briefing many times. If there is a time differential for gold on this one it is hidden because it is not mentioned.

Though now that you brought this up, I think I will retry and see if completing this earlier awards the gold. I had only 2 years left when I hit the requirements. Will try for 5 years.
TrainKid1998
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by TrainKid1998 »

jaftica wrote:Now I am experienced at playing RRT II, but this episode in the scenario gets me. It tells me in the briefing that I must have 100 loads between UK and France=bronze, plus 75 between UK and Belgium=silver, plus 50 between UK and Netherlands, 50 between UK and Germany and no debt=gold.

I finished the scenario with 112, 87, 60, 67 respectfully, and all loans paid off with over 4,500k cash, and the darn game still finished with silver. How do I get gold? Am I missing something?

I know I will have to wait now for one or more of you to fire up this scenario and run it, but I can wait. Just going on to the next episode. If someone finds my problem, I will return to do it later.

Thanks.
press the period key while in-game and type in the small text window: wh have a winner gold. :wink:
its that easy. i use it all the time
:D
Banned Member
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

He wants to actually achieve the gold though, not cheat to get a pretend one.

Return to “Railroad Tycoon Series”