Railroad Tycoon

Discuss the Railroad Tycoon series of games in this forum.
Oracle
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Oracle »

ashley26ph2002 wrote:I have problem I have hex edit program
do yu know free hex edit program?
XVI32 is free, and it works pretty well if I remember correctly. (I used it to hack one of the Photoshop Elements DLLs over the summer to stop an annoying error message.)
http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delphi/f ... /xvi32.htm
ashley26ph2002
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ashley26ph2002 »

I have downloaded the 3 files

How can I use the patch

It wont work for me
squishycube
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by squishycube »

I get so annoyed by people who just say "it won't work' and expect there will be godlike people who can look inside your pc, and your head via the internet and see what actually is wrong. Instead of saying 'it won't work', give a detailed description of what DOES happen, state the version of the program you are using (this is universally a good thing, not just for TTDPatch) and configuration files. Also it can be very helpful to tell what OS you are using, and what you did with the software.
Remember that everyone anywhere once was a beginner in what he/she is good at now, which meand they found stuff out, or asked other people. If they can learn, you can learn. Besides, for every piece of software I have used in my life, there has always been enough tutorials and/or forums around to help me without even asking myself,.

Maybe an example is apropriate.

First of all, if there is no topic which describes your problem, give it a decent title and not "help, it won't work", I myself always read those last.

For my example problem, the following title is perfect:
"TTDX crashes in MP when I click a train in the train list"

The topic would go somewhat like this:

Hello,

When I play multiplayer TTD, it always chrashes when I click a train in the trainlist. Is this a bug or is my problem new?

I use TTDPatch version 2.0.1 alpha 9 on Windows XP Proffesional. This is my ttdpatch.cfg: (attach your ttdpatch.cfg here) and this is my newgrf.cfg (attach newgrf.cfg here, since that can cause problems too these days)

Thanks for your help

Well, I can write a thread like that, and I am not an exceptionally intelligent person, so everybody should be able to do it. Furthermore, I have found it very practical to read the manual that comes with a software, since the answers I seek tend to be in there most of the time. And it's faster also! (average time to find answer in manual: 2 minutes, average respons time on a forum: several hours)

I hope I have enlightend some of you people with this wisdom and also I have made you happier by not just saying "RTFM", which was my innitial thought on reading the posted.

To conclude:
Be polite. Beacuse you are whatever you are, does not give you the right to be rude to people you don't even know.
Use correct and complete sentences. When you don't make complete sentences, or abreviate words, people tend to take you less seriously. I can't help it, it's the truth. And when English is not your native speech, that does not excuse you from making complete sentences. I myself am not a native English speaker.
Be clear.

That's it. my 2 cents in my quest to improve the Forums, the country, the world!

peace
I heard the stories that they tell of how they labored for this company which sold it's soul to hell

It's my alter ego in my avatar, not me!
ashley26ph2002
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ashley26ph2002 »

I got slum fix ,rrt patch 666 KB and rrt patch 202 KB

What is he differnce between the 1st 66 KB nd 2nd 202 KB?

How to fix it

How to work with it?

I have WIndows XP and ME

It wont work on Windows ME
squishycube
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by squishycube »

thank you for the improvement, but in this case I can't help you, for I know nothing of the program in question. Good luck getting an answer!
I heard the stories that they tell of how they labored for this company which sold it's soul to hell

It's my alter ego in my avatar, not me!
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

I think both files are executables (*.exe) so my suggestion: run them.
ashley26ph2002
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ashley26ph2002 »

Any patch to have more than 32 trains?
Flavius
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Flavius »

Really there was not anyone writing patches back then, its a very old game. :idea:
Are you laying track now :?:
Does anyone have real copy of the game with the tutorial file working too :?: :(
ashley26ph2002
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ashley26ph2002 »

I try to have 45 degrees but I cant
SAF
Engineer
Engineer

Lösung für das NumPad-Problem bei Laptop-Usern

Post by SAF »

Hi... hatte auch das Problem mit dem Numpad, um 45°-Kurven hinzukriegen und habe 'nen Laptop.

Genial: einfach Bild-Auf, Bild-Ab, Pos1 und Ende Taste auf der normalen Laptop-Tastatur verwenden!

Greetz, SAF
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Only English please, as bad as it could be, it's better than something we don't understand at all
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

babelfish says:
also the problem with the Numpad had, over 45°-Kurven in addition wars and has ' nen laptop. Ingeniously: simply picture on, picture starting from, Pos1 and end of key on the normal laptop keyboard use!

so its still rubbish :roll:
The occasional look back at your past can teach you a great many things...
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Probably a bad translation.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I thought we had a new big thread in Railroad Tycoon section.. turns out to be some old spam brought up be some german dude
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Train-a-Mania
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Train-a-Mania »

No, but I can create a new one.
Nick - Creator of the virtual railroading review series:

Railwaymodeler
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Railwaymodeler »

ashley26ph2002 wrote:I try to have 45 degrees but I cant
After reading this thread, I think I have figured out what you mean by 45 degree track. It's where the AI can have a line heading west, then in the next tile, head northeast. The AI can do things you cannot. It is impossible in the game for you to do a track configuration like this.

Also, the 32 train limit, is as far as I know, never been patched. I have a legit copy of RRT for the Macintosh (And the turotrial always crashes in under 3 minutes for some reason), and still play this game on my old PowerBook.
Without Trains America Stops

Return to “Railroad Tycoon Series”