Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:00 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: SVN server, etc
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:49 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Sorry for the delay with the web site and the SVN server - this week is rather hectic. Hopefully I'll get a free minute tomorrow to get things working. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:29 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

On the note of installing things, I was looking at bug tracking software earlier today, which is useful for collaborative working - in most bug trackers you can define features, bugs, improvements to be done for different versions. At the start it would obviously be just features :)

The best ones I've seen are Mantis which runs on PHP/MySQL and JIRA which runs on Java. Both are freely available for open source projects.

Both have different features that the other doesn't have. JIRA looks more usable but needs Java to run (plus an app server if not using the standalone version), whereas Mantis would be much easier to set up on most servers. I've worked on a project that uses Mantis and it works well enough, it's just a bit awkward for me.

What do other people think?

I think as well as the list of things that Hyronymus stated to get things going, we also need to decide some sort of roadmap to a first functional code base (with suitable milestones).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:44 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

I would like to vote against using a Java based bug tracker, as I don't allow my browser to load any plugin (this includes Java) so I can't see bug reports which is quite important as I'm a dev.
Anyway, on the subject of SVN: I'm glad we can get it now, finaly we can do some usefull coding :).

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:55 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

XeryusTC wrote:
I would like to vote against using a Java based bug tracker, as I don't allow my browser to load any plugin (this includes Java) so I can't see bug reports which is quite important as I'm a dev.
Anyway, on the subject of SVN: I'm glad we can get it now, finaly we can do some usefull coding :).

It's only Java at the server side - you still access it as normal HTML through your web browser - no plugins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:17 am 

What about one simmilar to the one on the TTDPatch Wiki (I imagine its actually part of the wiki software though) or flyspray which is what openttd uses for bug tracking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:14 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Can we focus the choice of which SVN software on our needs and not on our preferences. It's maybe a good idea to ask TTD developers and OTTD developers after their experience with SVN software. I would appreciate it if we could make a choice soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:37 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Hyronymus wrote:
Can we focus the choice of which SVN software on our needs and not on our preferences. It's maybe a good idea to ask TTD developers and OTTD developers after their experience with SVN software. I would appreciate it if we could make a choice soon.

Surely there's only one SVN server to choose from? Unless you're talking generally about version control systems.

The rest of this thread nothing to do with SVN, but with bug-tracking software which may be useful when we're working on the code.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:55 pm 
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

AIUI, there are several ways to configure svnserve, from an independent server to an Apache module, from a Berkeley DB to a flat-file DB, &c.
And that's just the reference server implementation. There may well be other implementations of svnserve, of which I am unaware.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:35 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

DominionSpy wrote:
Surely there's only one SVN server to choose from? Unless you're talking generally about version control systems.

The rest of this thread nothing to do with SVN, but with bug-tracking software which may be useful when we're working on the code.

My bad, I stand corrected :oops: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:47 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Well, I plan to implement an svnserve server, ideally early next week when I get home. Sorry for the delay.

Topic locked, SVN server is up and running (14112006).

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]