Get started

Archived discussions related to Transport Empire. Read-only access only.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

Peter Dobrovka
Engineer
Engineer

Get started

Post by Peter Dobrovka »

As I see you are already drying up.

You should have a lead programmer who cares about engine and data structures and organization of the team and who begins working ASAP, otherwise I foresee your project being dead.

Don´t count on me, I have too much to do elsewhere and could already need 36 hours per day.

Peter
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Yes, it has been awfully quiet the last 24 hours
Just some new ideas and a talk about the name

http://sourceforge.net/projects/tt2/

Still nothing there
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

So who will be the head of project .... Peter ??? probably not cuzhe has his own project .... Owen ??? Maybe ... , maybe rein ... maybe hellslayer .. dunno ...
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Get started

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Peter Dobrovka wrote:Don´t count on me, I have too much to do elsewhere and could already need 36 hours per day.
We can't count on him :wink:
He can just give you guys a push or advice
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

So who then .... :roll: ... maybe Owen .... maybe Rein ... maybe pool .. i mean poll :mrgreen:
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Personally, i think they should discuss it among themselves - it shouldn't be an elected position, it should go the most advanced programmer
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Well, I'm quite busy, but I'll help where I can. I'm not really sure I'll be able to 'run' the project at the moment though.
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

As rein did good work on the try-out engine, I think he should have the lead of the engine part of the project. I don't think the problem of this project is ideas, time or competent people, but the lack of decisions.
So my plea for the programmers: please decide things and get started, finish the discussions on the engine based on the info you have and when that doesn't work start discussing it again but only then.
Peter Dobrovka
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Peter Dobrovka »

Arathorn wrote:So my plea for the programmers: please decide things and get started, finish the discussions on the engine based on the info you have and when that doesn't work start discussing it again but only then.
Well spoken. But you cannot elect somebody, he has to shout "I want to do it!"

@Owen: From your name I always thought you are a guy. After seeing that picture of a beautiful woman I thought you are a girl, but now I am somewhat irritated.

Peter
(whose avatar shows really himself)
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

Owen has been utterly in love with Melissa Joan Hart for quite some time now. he can't help it.
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

lol, ever since i can remember...
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

... yep ...and there are hard days for him (MJH gettig married) so leave him alone .... :roll:
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Peter Dobrovka wrote:
Arathorn wrote:So my plea for the programmers: please decide things and get started, finish the discussions on the engine based on the info you have and when that doesn't work start discussing it again but only then.
Well spoken. But you cannot elect somebody, he has to shout "I want to do it!"

@Owen: From your name I always thought you are a guy. After seeing that picture of a beautiful woman I thought you are a girl, but now I am somewhat irritated.

Peter
(whose avatar shows really himself)
I think you have a point there, someone has to start and it isn't me, I don't know didlysquat about C++ or 3D

But Owen put some text in his sig to explain because he has received some love mail which he didn't like :lol:

And I knew that it was you in your avatar :wink:
Observer
Logo Creator

Post by Observer »

I know some C++..

But Im very busy lately so.....

Too bad I cant help creating what I see as my own idea... I hope its in good hands now :D
Never fear, I is here...
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

I not good enough to write something at the momment ...I must teach myself something ... but I can't verify code
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Well, I could certainly co-ordinate the project, and do programming when I can, although I am quite busy. We should get the code into CVS as soon as we can, and get a basic engine up and running, and then assign tasks between programmers or something.
Hellfire
Transport Empire Developer

Post by Hellfire »

hellslayer? LOL. Perhaps I should change my nick :D

From what I've read here, the two most advanced programmers who can actually do some work on "TT2" are rein and myself.

I could stand up and take control here, but I don't want to step on anyone's toes. For now, I think I'll wait until rein has finished adapting his engine.
Feel free to contact me over Email! My current timezone: Europe/Amsterdam (GMT+1 or GMT+2)

Code: Select all

+------------Oo.------+
| Transport Empire -> |
+---------------------+
[ General TE Discussion ] [ TE Development ] [ TE Coding ]
Under construction...
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Well, I don't mean to be rude or anything, or big-headed (:mrgreen:), but I would call myself an 'advanced' programmer, just not in the field of 3D programming right now. (I'm going to search for a good OpenGL tutorial later). I could certainly do a lot of the other things in the game, and, once I learn OpenGL, that section of things too.
Hellfire

Post by Hellfire »

orudge wrote:Well, I don't mean to be rude or anything, or big-headed (:mrgreen:), but I would call myself an 'advanced' programmer, just not in the field of 3D programming right now.[...]
Woops... Sorry... My terrible English:
Hellfire wrote:hellslayer? LOL. Perhaps I should change my nick :D

From what I've read here, the two most advanced programmers who can actually do some work on "TT2" are rein and myself.

I could stand up and take control here, but I don't want to step on anyone's toes. For now, I think I'll wait until rein has finished adapting his engine.
What I meant: who have enough time to work on the project.

I know you are an advanced programmer too, but didn't you state before that you don't have enough time to work on the project?
orudge wrote:[...](I'm going to search for a good OpenGL tutorial later). I could certainly do a lot of the other things in the game, and, once I learn OpenGL, that section of things too.
Offtopic, but if you're looking for OpenGL tutorials, check http://nehe.gamedev.net
Feel free to contact me over Email! My current timezone: Europe/Amsterdam (GMT+1 or GMT+2)

Code: Select all

+------------Oo.------+
| Transport Empire -> |
+---------------------+
[ General TE Discussion ] [ TE Development ] [ TE Coding ]
Under construction...
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Ah, right, OK. ;)

Return to “Transport Empire Development Archive”