Using the code from the CVS

Archived discussions related to Transport Empire. Read-only access only.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Using the code from the CVS

Post by Hyronymus »

On behalf of Hellfire I want to point all coders to the code he submitted to the CVS on Sourceforge. Hellfire did his outmost best to add comments to all the code he submitted and said he would regret it of his code would be completely ignored or go unused. As I understand he has dedicated a lot of time and effort to it. Please look into his submitted code.
Hellfire
Transport Empire Developer

Post by Hellfire »

Also, Hellfire has UML designs of the code in the CVS for those who are interested. :)
Feel free to contact me over Email! My current timezone: Europe/Amsterdam (GMT+1 or GMT+2)

Code: Select all

+------------Oo.------+
| Transport Empire -> |
+---------------------+
[ General TE Discussion ] [ TE Development ] [ TE Coding ]
Under construction...
uzurpator
Transport Empire Moderator
Transport Empire Moderator

Post by uzurpator »

Uzurpator wants to know where is the CVS :P
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
Hellfire

Post by Hellfire »

Hellfire can tell Uzurpator. It's a part of our project on sourceforge.

--> Right here <--

As Uzurpator is a member of the project on sourceforge, he has both read and write access to this CVS.

Alright, enough with the "3rd person speak" ;). Feel free to poke around it. Make it crash. ;)
Feel free to contact me over Email! My current timezone: Europe/Amsterdam (GMT+1 or GMT+2)

+------------Oo.------+
| Transport Empire -> |
+---------------------+
Under construction...
Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Steve »

Steve was told that SVN was better and we should use that. Steve wonders firstly if you guys agree and secondly if sourceforge can help us for that, or we need out own SVN hosting.
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Sourceforge.net provides SVN.
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

XeryusTC has the code from CVS on his PC for a few days now, but he didn't compile it yet because the makefiles don't want to get pointed to the right raknet directories :(.
XeryusTC also told Steve that it might be usefull to use SVN as TRoS uses it and you can keep the engine up to date in a simple way like that :).
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Hellfire

Post by Hellfire »

Sourceforge indeed now provides both CVS and SVN. They also offer a conversion tool between the two, so we can simply use whichever is prefered by the majority.

+------------Oo.------+
| Transport Empire -> |
+---------------------+
Under construction...
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

You want me to add a poll or create a specific topic to decide what to use, Hellfire?
Hellfire

Post by Hellfire »

CVS suits me just fine. Especially the Eclipse plugin for CVS is excellent. If other coders feel otherwise, then start a poll. If not, then don't.

Edit: I also noticed today that they changed the address of the CVS server to tt2.cvs.sourceforge.net.
Last edited by Hellfire on 24 Jun 2006 21:53, edited 1 time in total.

+------------Oo.------+
| Transport Empire -> |
+---------------------+
Under construction...
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Jawohl! :wink: .
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Hellfire wrote:CVS suits me just fine. Especially the Eclipse plugin for CVS is excellent. If other coders feel otherwise, then start a poll. If not, then don't.
While I'm probably not going to be doing any coding for a while, if at all, I would highly suggest you consider SVN instead of CVS. Subversion is technically superior to CVS in many ways, as well as being much faster and more logical than CVS. You can get SVN plug-ins and software for most environments these days, too. Just my two cents, anyway.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

A decision was made on this during one of the previous meetings. Please read the minutes, I think it was the meeting we held 4 weeks ago.
Hellfire

Post by Hellfire »

Hyronymus wrote:A decision was made on this during one of the previous meetings. Please read the minutes, I think it was the meeting we held 4 weeks ago.
1.5 weeks ago. I'll quote the relevant part from the minutes:
== 3b. General - SVN vs. CVS ==
A very brief discussion took place, followed by a vote in which SVN received 1 vote and CVS 0 votes. Most members did not take part as they do not have enough experience to make such a decision.

+------------Oo.------+
| Transport Empire -> |
+---------------------+
Under construction...
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

My apologies, I did indeed see this after Hyronymus posted. Glad you basically chose to go with SVN, anyway. ;)

Topic locked, a SVN server is about to be setup. Code from the CVS on SourceForge is not available for download anymore (but still in the CVS) (12112006).

Return to “Transport Empire Development Archive”