Graphics

Archived discussions related to Transport Empire. Read-only access only.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

That looks really impressive. Perhaps they might want to use it?
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Hellfire
Transport Empire Developer

Post by Hellfire »

Hey! Another lightwave user! Nice job. Maybe you can add some colour to the factory? (select polygons and press 'Q')
Feel free to contact me over Email! My current timezone: Europe/Amsterdam (GMT+1 or GMT+2)

Code: Select all

+------------Oo.------+
| Transport Empire -> |
+---------------------+
[ General TE Discussion ] [ TE Development ] [ TE Coding ]
Under construction...
rein
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by rein »

just Great!
maybe the less number of polys would be welcome, but if we use objects Level Of Detail, 300 will be just right for the closer zooms ! :D
Hellfire

Post by Hellfire »

Did I mention that about a year ago, I made an import library for Lightwave's .LWO files?
Feel free to contact me over Email! My current timezone: Europe/Amsterdam (GMT+1 or GMT+2)

+------------Oo.------+
| Transport Empire -> |
+---------------------+
Under construction...
ken52787
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ken52787 »

Hellfire, you a lightwave user too? I will color it, and perhaps even texture it, and try to get it down to a reasonable amount of polys.

Also, are we improving on TTD designs, or are we tryin to redesign everything to distance TT2 from TTD?
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

Well I think some buildings from TTD back would be nice, but also lots of new buildings.
Hellfire

Post by Hellfire »

ken52787 wrote:Hellfire, you a lightwave user too? I will color it, and perhaps even texture it, and try to get it down to a reasonable amount of polys.
Yes, I use lightwave too. In my opinion, it is by far the best 3D modeller I've ever used.

Just narrow the chimneys down to about 8-sided cylinders, then it should be allright, I think.
Also, are we improving on TTD designs, or are we tryin to redesign everything to distance TT2 from TTD?
Umm... I don't know actually... I think that because of the expandability of the game, both options are possible.

+------------Oo.------+
| Transport Empire -> |
+---------------------+
Under construction...
ken52787
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ken52787 »

Yea, chimneys are the poly-hogs. I'm not sure about the sides, but right now I think they're like 16 (or thereabouts), then I have tops beveled in (another 16), and they go down in (another 16), so topviews also look correct.

Also, since u know lightwave, perhaps u can help me. This is my first time texturing, and this has been bugging me. I am doing the sides of the buildings, and keep each poly a different file. When I import them, the look like crap, but what really gets me is that when they connect, the look different (not size wise, i can fix that), but even tho they are like exactly same "grain wise", they get 'blurred' differently, and look uneven. I am saving as .png files and use about 100pixels per foot (square on grid, my factory is way out of proportion). Do you know what I'm doing wrong.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Ken, about the polygons: isn't there a tool to add them to one block. I don't know if you are familiar with AutoCAD, but you can do something like that with AutoCAD. Also, Lightwave looks like all other 3D renderers I know off (Maya, 3D Studio MAX) and I think they have such option too.
ken52787
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ken52787 »

Sorry, but I'm not quite sure what u mean by 'adding them to one block.' Lightwave probably does have what your talking about if autocad does, but I'm not sure what it is exactly. Also, I am not familiar with autocad, sorry if that makes things harder :D
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Makes it a bit harder but don't feel sorry. In AutoCAD you can combine different polygons to one big polygon if they share at least one mutual point in space. But since yesterday, I wonder how much memory that would save. I hope this is clearer to you now!
Hellfire

Post by Hellfire »

Yes, Lightwave can do that too. Shift-Z if I'm not mistaken...

+------------Oo.------+
| Transport Empire -> |
+---------------------+
Under construction...
ken52787
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ken52787 »

Oh yea, I get your drift now. I'll try it, but I don't think it'll do much. Don't worry folks, this is just a practice model for me, I'll figure thing out on my own.
ken52787
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ken52787 »

Check it out. I got bored, so I modeled Rein's avatar. Again, this is untextured, but this time I added color. This is 280 polys.
Attachments
tower.jpg
tower.jpg (86.13 KiB) Viewed 4977 times
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

Looks very good! And this only after some bored trying.
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

:shock: :shock: :shock: ... maybe colors are to monocolor ... but looks great .... REIN HERE !! Take a look !!
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
Lilman424
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lilman424 »

niiice, so was the factory......BTW, does anyone have like a tutorial for Lightwave? it's confusing...
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein
ken52787
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ken52787 »

lilman, go to http://www.lightwave3d.com. Offical tutorials, they got me started.
Lilman424
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lilman424 »

I'mdoing the cathedral roof tutorial, And i can't select the individual points at the bottom of the disc, just the entire polygon.......help?!
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein
ken52787
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ken52787 »

You're in the wrong mode. At the bottom of the screen, there should be three buttons (Point, polygon, volume). Press Point, or press space until it reaches point.

Return to “Transport Empire Development Archive”