Meeting 22 Jun 2006, 1400 GMT @ #transportempire (quakenet)

Archived discussions related to Transport Empire. Read-only access only.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Meeting 22 Jun 2006, 1400 GMT @ #transportempire (quakenet)

Post by Hyronymus »

1. Start meeting
1a. Pick a chairman and a minutes man
1b. Discuss minutes of previous meeting
2. Discuss the previous objectives
2a. Coding: Design Document - Odd and unclear things in the DD
2b. Coding: Design Document - Define track types
3. New Project Objectives
3a. General - Licensing
3b. Development - Sharing of infrastructure, what are our exact expectations
3c. Development - Industry chains
3d. Development - Bridge type & station design
3e. Review Track type discussion
3f. Design Document - Design Document Comments
4. Any other business
5. Next meeting
6. End

Perhaps we can merge 2b. with 3f. while discussing it but that's not a problem. I'll announce the agenda over the mailinglist too.
Last edited by Hyronymus on 29 Jun 2006 13:49, edited 2 times in total.
Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Steve »

May I suggest two things we should deal with.

1) A project plan. This won't be very conventional as we'll have to real dates to set, but we should decide on the list of activities we have ahead of us. This probably isn't a meeting job, but should be done. This leads to..

2) Initial engine plan. We need to build/aquire an engine for the game, but what does it need to do? I propose we build a list, from parts of the DD of things the engine needs to support, removing a lot of decisions.
For instance we don't need to know exactly what scale we need in the game, but we do know the engine needs to be able to hand the right build and track building, etc. We don't need to know track types, just make sure we can build multiple types of track.
aarona
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by aarona »

In response to Steve's suggesions...
1. We could decide in the meeting who is to organise this. (btw this sounds like something that could be wikiable :wink: )
2. Again we need someone to organise this. (Preferably not the same person, and again, do i smell a wiki coming on :wink: )

Additional Meeting Objectives:

1. Work out which license to use.

2. Decide if we want to revive a wiki.

3. Creation of "teams" with emphasis on those who are active/inactive or possible commitment levels. (i.e. documentation, programming, 3D graphics, etc)
"Teams" may have leaders who report to meetings of their teams progress.

If you don't plan on attending the next meeting and you want to be part of something then you should tell us. (Providing my suggestions are used, that is :D )
uzurpator
Transport Empire Moderator
Transport Empire Moderator

Post by uzurpator »

Steve wrote:2) Initial engine plan. We need to build/aquire an engine for the game, but what does it need to do? I propose we build a list, from parts of the DD of things the engine needs to support, removing a lot of decisions.
For instance we don't need to know exactly what scale we need in the game, but we do know the engine needs to be able to hand the right build and track building, etc. We don't need to know track types, just make sure we can build multiple types of track.
I assume you read my post with the UML diagrams?

Anyhoo - why does the meeting need to be at such an ungodly hour - because I sure as hell cannot come then :(
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Because other people cannot make it at an hour you like more perhaps? It has always been like that, there's nothing new to it.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Dunno if I can make it. IIRC it's 16:00 my time. I got a meeting at school till 14:00, I should be able to travel home within 2 hours, but you'll never know. Once I got home, I might even forget about this meeting, so it'd be appreciated if someone gave me the usual poke online :P

Advantage for you guys is that I'd volunteer to be minutesman again :wink:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

The log is now available on http://xeryustc.cjb.net/TE/22-6-2006.log
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

minutes

Topic locked (09112006).
Attachments
minutes22062006.txt
(2.48 KiB) Downloaded 781 times
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."

Return to “Transport Empire Development Archive”