Who is still on the project?

Archived discussions related to Transport Empire. Read-only access only.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

iLess
Engineer
Engineer

Who is still on the project?

Post by iLess »

Hey i just wanted to know something before i start to commit more time to this project. How many devs are there still left? On the official page it seems like lots. But so far I have seen only one who actually did something. So if you are the other one developer that i just haven't seen yet, plz answer to this post.
BTW I'm mostly interested how your future commitment to the project looks. Will you soon start a new job/family etc. and not have time anymore?
I just want to know. I don't want to start to work on the project if you guys run off in like 2 weeks. Is Urzupator still the coding leader?
Grunt
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Grunt »

For the record, I still look into the forums on a regular basis to see how things are progressing, but the time I would have had to contribute to the project is currently being put towards other coding tasks that serve more important purposes. I would love to pitch in, but at the moment the chances of that happening are still slim.
Grunt
(aka Stephan Grunt, CEO of Grunt Transport Inc. since 1994.)
DominionSpy
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DominionSpy »

I'm still around and checking the forums regularly. However I have very little free time.
You're saying I'm a Dominion spy, and don't even know it! - Dr. Bashir
That's the Joker in my avatar, not me. No wait it is me.
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

I still follow these two fora, but I'm no programmer. I seem to be the only regular on the task of creating 3d graphics, but at the moment I have little to no time. If there's more development I might be tempted to brush aside some other work and start Blendering again.
LordLard
Engineer
Engineer

Post by LordLard »

This project sounds interesting, I might be able to help with it. C/C++. So what do I do?
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

I'm still here too and I'm willing to oversee the project again (preferably with Steve) when it is resurrected. I'm not a coder nor a 3D artist but I'm very fond of trains and I like to manage things like this.
Hellfire
Transport Empire Developer
Transport Empire Developer

Post by Hellfire »

LordLard wrote:This project sounds interesting, I might be able to help with it. C/C++. So what do I do?
You could give the code that is in the CVS of our Sourceforge page a try. If you can get it to work ( ;) ) and would like to contribute, please send me an e-mail or a PM. We can work things out. Everyone who is willing and able to help is more than welcome. :)
Feel free to contact me over Email! My current timezone: Europe/Amsterdam (GMT+1 or GMT+2)

Code: Select all

+------------Oo.------+
| Transport Empire -> |
+---------------------+
[ General TE Discussion ] [ TE Development ] [ TE Coding ]
Under construction...
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I'm still checking these forums, and participating in discussion where I think my participation could be useful. However, I'm only a 2D artist, and I don't see much things I could help with.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Steve »

Hellfire wrote:You could give the code that is in the CVS of our Sourceforge page a try. If you can get it to work ( ;) )
I'll do that eventually too.
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

Currently I don't have time for any code contribution, but during summer break I might have some. I'm a self learnd in programming, except a few basic courses at school/university. So I'm not that skilled at system design as Hellfire for example. But still its 3-4 years since I begun with C++, and a few more since I started with programing.

I can not promise anyting but currently I think it could be fun to contribute some during summer 2006.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

I'm still here, but mainly just watching and offering to help where possible, but probably not with coding or anything due to general lack of time. Hosting, etc, no problem.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Owen, can you have a go at trying to recover the old Wiki data?
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Where is/was it? If it's on my server, I could have a shot.
Grunt
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Grunt »

It was at http://tt2.sourceforge.net/wiki if memory serves correctly and things didn't move past that point.
Grunt
(aka Stephan Grunt, CEO of Grunt Transport Inc. since 1994.)
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

orudge wrote:Where is/was it? If it's on my server, I could have a shot.
It's hosted on sf.net, where you hold one of the administrator acounts. I did some research about how to access the MySQL data at sf.net which you can find here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=435635#435635
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

well dunno maybe i could do soe low poly models for the project :roll:
but i'm not decided yet but if you get this going i will surely help you with the models.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Zuu wrote:It's hosted on sf.net, where you hold one of the administrator acounts. I did some research about how to access the MySQL data at sf.net which you can find here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=435635#435635
Unfortuately, it seems people didn't notice when SourceForge changed from MySQL 3.x to 4.1, moving to a new database system, and removing the old data. The deadline for retrieving the data from the old system was a couple of months ago... as far as I know, it's probably gone now (trying to connect to the old server didn't work, anyway), and there are no databases set up on the new system. Don't suppose anyone has a backup? :?
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

Chris CF had extensive backup plans with 3 redundant weekly backups or so..

Duno how it went with that though. Perhaps try grep backup on the meeting notes/logs.

Topic locked, contacted iLess, Grunt and LordLard to check their level of interest (09112006).

Return to “Transport Empire Development Archive”