About the viewing angle in the dev-section

Archived discussions related to Transport Empire. Read-only access only.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

Daan Timmer
Tycoon
Tycoon

About the viewing angle in the dev-section

Post by Daan Timmer »

Hey, I am not sure if this project is still on, or not. but I will post my toughts anyway.

I read truogh that topic and saw some comments abotu isometric view and perspective.

Imho, both should be included.

When you are fiewing top-down, it should be isometric (TT-alike).
However, if you are able to tilt the camera, then perspective would be good to include too, else it would look rather *strange*.

Correct me if I am wrong about the viewing types of how iso and pers looks like tough.

If I am not mistaking:
this is isometric
this is perspective

or?

"Your arguments are totally nothing.. They have so little meaning that its kind of funny you took the time to write them"
"your pixels aren't good enough to talk to me.. sorry"
"Random does not mean fair, and past results do not influence future occurrences." - Corbenn
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
Daan Timmer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Daan Timmer »

I know what isometric is, and that the figure I showed wasn't really isometric. my bad.

But I just tought about something, which made me to come to the conclusion to do it the perspective way.

Perspective has more possibilitys as to easier tracklaying.

(You can circle around buildings to look behind them). Which is impossible with isometric. (Look at RCT3, A LOT of buildings block the view etc.)

Seeing the game already is in 3D it is, imo, better to use the 3D functionality and use perspective.

(Sorry, I got a bit confused in my first post :P)

"Your arguments are totally nothing.. They have so little meaning that its kind of funny you took the time to write them"
"your pixels aren't good enough to talk to me.. sorry"
"Random does not mean fair, and past results do not influence future occurrences." - Corbenn

Return to “Transport Empire Development Archive”