About my absence

Archived discussions related to Transport Empire. Read-only access only.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

PJayTycy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

About my absence

Post by PJayTycy »

Sorry to all of you, I didn't check this forum in about 3 weeks.

I was kind of woried about it and didn't really "dare" to come back. However, I see I didn't really miss something.

I'd like to say sorry most of all to uzurpator, because I asked him for something to help with (in the coder's forum), and then never showed up.

The point is, I'll probably won't be able to commit serious amount of time to TT for a while:
  • I'm in my last year of university, and so I have to work on a thesis (big project that counts for 50% of the points in the last year). This fills all my free-time during the day.
  • Also, almost every week, there are 1 or 2 evenings from companies inviting us to look at their company presentation and offering us dinner and alcohol for free. Obviously, I can't miss out on these free offers.
  • Ofcourse, I still have about 1/2 the courses of a normal year, so the rest of my evenings are currently filled with working on projects for those.
  • And, there's a game released recently by the name civ4 too.

I'll probably be more active again starting around january (when the exams start).

I'll try to come over at least once in a week though.
On holiday from 16/07 till 31/07
uzurpator
Transport Empire Moderator

Post by uzurpator »

Worry thou nay.

I am in a similar situation.

Graduation in 8 months :D
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

I must admit, it's very silent here :?
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
uzurpator

Post by uzurpator »

Well - the work is progressing slowly forward.

But I _need_ to finish my graduation project (after which your uzurpator will oficially have masters degree in computer science) which I think will take me 3-4 weeks.

After that I will have plenty of time to finish the engine.
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

uzurpator wrote:Well - the work is progressing slowly forward.

But I _need_ to finish my graduation project (after which your uzurpator will oficially have masters degree in computer science) which I think will take me 3-4 weeks.

After that I will have plenty of time to finish the engine.
Unless you get a full time job :D But.. offcorce you'll decline that and work on TE, wont you? :)
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)

Return to “Transport Empire Development Archive”