About the legocad idea in the other forum.

Archived discussions related to Transport Empire. Read-only access only.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

dmh_mac
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

About the legocad idea in the other forum.

Post by dmh_mac »

I'm sorry to bother you like this.
I read the thread on using a legocad like software for model creation in the Transport Empire developement forum and I am not allowed to post there.

I was under the assumption that TE is going to use realtime 3d models. Is this correct?

When you are using a model built from small bricks you are going to end up with a lot of unecessary triangles especialy on large flat areas.

This will put a big strain on 3d hardware, etc. That's why 3d models for realtime (game) use are usualy built triangle effecient as possible (google for lowpoly modeling).

I would also like to take this opportunity to push upon you the wonderful program that is Blender. Now I know some of you think 3d modeling is realy hard but, for things like trains/buildings, it realy isn't. Just read or watch a few tutorials (on the website) and you'll be on your way.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

You are like a miracle to me, dmh_mac ;). Unfortunately I'm not in control of giving you the right to post in the other forums (nifty aye :P). But I'm glad you replied (here).

Return to “Transport Empire Development Archive”