Cant access the roadmap.

Archived discussions related to Transport Empire. Read-only access only.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Cant access the roadmap.

Post by Zuu »

The website ( http://www.transportempire.com ) says:
Roadmap published
Uzurpator, the leader of the code team, has published the first road map for the Transport Empire coding team. The roadmap can be found here
However if I click on "here" tt-forums just says "The topic or post you requested does not exist".
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Steve »

Because you aren't a member of the coding group?
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

So, has it occurred to anyone else that just because someone isn't on the coding team doesn't mean that they aren't interested in what the coding team is doing?
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

Perhaps, links from the homepage should be accessable for everyone, at least if there is no explaning text. But I don't think it is right to have a news item with a link that is only accesable for a few people. Perhaps you can keep those news in a stickey in the coding forum. What people don't know they dont miss.

Just my two cents.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

DaleStan wrote:So, has it occurred to anyone else that just because someone isn't on the coding team doesn't mean that they aren't interested in what the coding team is doing?
Yes it has occured to us and therefor we mentioned a couple of times now that if you're interested you should contact Uzurpator (or Steve and me but we'll drop it on Uzurpator's plate nonetheless).

But, I don't recall you wanted to be part of the development core DaleStan. And that is the intended audience of that section.
Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Steve »

I do agree that the page needs to be changed to show it is coders only though.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

(I'm getting annoyed and blowing things entirely out of proportion again, aren't I?)
Hyronymus wrote:But, I don't recall you wanted to be part of the development core DaleStan.
I don't recall that either.

There's a difference, at least in my book, between "being a part of the development core" and "paying attention to what the development core is doing."

Part of the reason I don't want to be an official team member is that I'm worried it will have nasty strings attached. eg, being expected to show up for meetings. Meetings are a waste of my time; I require more time than a meeting can provide if I am to put what I consider to be a reasonable quantity of thought into what I'm saying.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Well, for the development issues that aren't intended for non-dev's there is the discussion section. I'm sorry if this approach doesn't meet your expectations but the reason for having a restriced development section is to avoid (too much) discussion by people who, in the end, won't code anyhow.

Return to “Transport Empire Development Archive”