A Linux fan wants to help :-)

Archived discussions related to Transport Empire. Read-only access only.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

MrPrise
Engineer
Engineer

A Linux fan wants to help :-)

Post by MrPrise »

Hello,
I have been programming since I have my first computer, which was an Enterprise 128. First I learnt BASIC on it, than assembly (Z80). Later, when we got a PC I started to learn C and C++ and assembly on x86. And than I met with the Linux which is in my opinion is a paradise to a developer. Everything at your hand. Now I have several years experience with Linux. I'm using Linux as my development platform.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Hi MrPrise, welcome to Transport Empire. It's nice to see people flocking to TE now. Your resumé sounds impressive, I stopped 'learning to program' after BASIC. You remember how that once was paradise ;)?!
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I know nothing about coding, but let me welcome you anyways. :D
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
MrPrise
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MrPrise »

Thank you!

Of course I remember clearly ;-)

10 PRINT "MY NAME"
20 GOTO 10

:-D
MrPrise
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MrPrise »

I haven't been in any developer teams before, so this will be my first.
What can I do for the project now?
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Read the objectives somewhere around the TE forums, and see what you'd feel to help with, I guess...

Also, there's meetings over IRC, next friday is one IIRC.

For the rest, I guess you need to ask Steve or Hyr
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Yes, I guess you should :). Currently we're in the process of commenting the Design Document and there is some discussion in the (for you yet hidden) TE coders section. You should ask/wait for Uzurpator to read your message to be able to view that section though. You could get yourself more familiar with TE by clicking on a TE-link in my sig, but maybe you visited those pages before.
MrPrise
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MrPrise »

I read the Desing Document and the forums, so I think I will wait. Thx
uzurpator
Transport Empire Moderator
Transport Empire Moderator

Post by uzurpator »

Hail and well met.

Sorry for a little late reply :) I have a huge plate of sheit to resolve atm - thus I am a little inactive on the forums. I expect to get the project going in a few days.

If you want to join the coders - please PM me.

Topic locked, nothing major happened since (14112006).
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.

Return to “Transport Empire Development Archive”