DD Revision (dated 16-09-2005)

Archived discussions related to Transport Empire. Read-only access only.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

uzurpator
Transport Empire Moderator

DD Revision (dated 16-09-2005)

Post by uzurpator »

Like in the topic - please read the changes :)
Attachments
design doc.zip
(609.87 KiB) Downloaded 280 times
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Will do, I edited the subject with a date tag to make it easier to see when you revised the DD.
Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Steve »

Before I read it, I have a few problems.

1) We have yet to actually sort out the commenting objective and discuss changes from it.
2) We now have 2 version of the DD in the middle of an objective. I haven't finished commenting yet, do I continue on the old one or this?
3) Please can you highlight what exactly has changed? Not within the actual text, but a simple list of the sections you've updated.
uzurpator

Post by uzurpator »

DD with marks what was changed.
Attachments
design doc.zip
(612.97 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
Hellfire
Transport Empire Developer

Post by Hellfire »

Is this the most recent version of the Design Document?
Feel free to contact me over Email! My current timezone: Europe/Amsterdam (GMT+1 or GMT+2)

Code: Select all

+------------Oo.------+
| Transport Empire -> |
+---------------------+
[ General TE Discussion ] [ TE Development ] [ TE Coding ]
Under construction...
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Yes, Hellfire. As Arathron said in the other thread nothing happened between the last time you were around and today.
Hellfire

Post by Hellfire »

Here's a PDF version of the design document. (I prefer reading with Acrobat over reading with Winword)
Attachments
Transport Empire Design Document.pdf
(251.01 KiB) Downloaded 340 times
Feel free to contact me over Email! My current timezone: Europe/Amsterdam (GMT+1 or GMT+2)

+------------Oo.------+
| Transport Empire -> |
+---------------------+
Under construction...
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

/me wonders what, exactly, is wrong with OpenDocument.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

Everybody has a pdf reader installed, regardless of OS.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

And Hellfire didn't actually say he doesn't like Word documents because of <insert reason here>. But anyway: nice progress you're making Hellfire. I wish I could encourage you more then by posting 'good job' etc but I'm too dumb to respond in detail on what you do. I hope my 'shallow comments' are enough though.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Arathorn wrote:Everybody has a pdf reader installed, regardless of OS.
Maybe my OS is broken, but every time I open a PDF, Acrobat Reader locks Firefox for nearly a minute while loading and then stays resident until I close Firefox.
OO.o has neither of these problems.

Obviously, I'm taking this to a bit of an extreme there, but if we should not use OpenDocument because PDF is more common, then maybe we should not play TEmpire because TTDPatch and OpenTTD are more common.
</troll>

(Not to diminish the work you are doing, Hellfire, but I do not consider PDF to be an alternative to MSWord documents. Then again, as Hyronymus pointed out, you didn't explain what you don't like about MSWord, and maybe the reason you want PDF is because it is read-only, in which case OpenDocument really isn't an improvement.)
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

I had that lock-up thing in FF too, DaleStan but somehow I fixed itself. I'm not a big fan of PDF either but it's nice to be able to create something people can't easily copy/edit and distribute under your name.
Hellfire

Post by Hellfire »

I posted the PDF because I needed the information in the design document while writing code. (I'm programming right now, not writing documents. ;) )

Because I work on different machines, with different operating systems (WinXP vs. Gentoo Linux), PDF is more convenient than Word or OpenDocument. As a small service to the readers of this forum, I posted the PDF I made here. (Which also gives me a place to download it :twisted: )

+------------Oo.------+
| Transport Empire -> |
+---------------------+
Under construction...
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

It's not platform depend I like it to, but I like plain Text files even more :wink: Actually I have written my Design Doc in XHTML :wink: This means it supports hyperlinks...
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

As for the lock-up thing, btw, Acrobat sometimes displays a licence agreement or update window behind the Firefox window, which you can't get at without hiding Firefox somehow. However, Acrobat doesn't return execution to Firefox until you've clicked the window...
Toren
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Toren »

I have heard of this from somewhere, don't recall where though. It is a Windows-only PDF reader but it is a little over 1MB and does NOT need to be installed. It opens PDF files in a snap, almost literally.

Foxit Reader

Topic locked, a new Design Document is being written by Hyronymus. Follow the progress here (14112006).

Return to “Transport Empire Development Archive”