Discussion - Website arrangements

Archived discussions related to Transport Empire. Read-only access only.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Discussion - Website arrangements

Post by Steve »

During the last meeting we decided to ditch Sourceforge due to its slow nature and it had nothing special to offer us. We are considering hosting from orudge and his future server hosting. Before we move ahead with such things though, does anyone have anything to add? Have we missed the hidden benefit of sourceforge? Or is orudge truely an evil genius?

Talk!
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Of course we won't be stupid and delete everything interesting on the Wiki/SourceForge domain right away, perhaps even never. We appreciate it if be clear about things that need to be preserved. We will do our best to re-create or simply copy it on the new hosting.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Discussion - Website arrangements

Post by orudge »

Steve wrote:During the last meeting we decided to ditch Sourceforge due to its slow nature and it had nothing special to offer us. We are considering hosting from orudge and his future server hosting. Before we move ahead with such things though, does anyone have anything to add? Have we missed the hidden benefit of sourceforge? Or is orudge truely an evil genius?
Well, from the reliability point of view, I almost certainly will have two, much more powerful, servers in September, and I will put the TE stuff on the non-tt-forums server if desired. ;) The servers themselves will be more failsafe, too, and of course, all data (apart from tt-forums, due to its size) is backed up nightly to a secure location, etc. Any more questions, you know where I am. :)

Topic locked, TE website and Wiki are hosted by Steve (09112006).

Return to “Transport Empire Development Archive”