[OBJ] Website - Create Template (closed)

Archived discussions related to Transport Empire. Read-only access only.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

[OBJ] Website - Create Template (closed)

Post by Hyronymus »

The website group should create a basic template for the TEmpire website, from the specficiations given earlier and in this text, to act as a guide for creating content for the future website. It should have considerations for how PHP will create the page in the future and any images that the site will posess. This objective only covers the design and colour scheme of the site and not any content.

Members: The Master, Steve

If you want to participate in this objective you can post a reply in this topic.
Last edited by Hyronymus on 06 Sep 2005 22:00, edited 1 time in total.
The Master
Engineer
Engineer

Post by The Master »

Hi,
i have maked this template for my website, but for me its adaptable for Transport Empire.

I have inserted a logo maked by me, and various text (Copied from original TE site) for example.

The site colors need to change with logo colors, when TE have one.

I'm available for suggestions & support.
Attachments
Template TE-V1
Template TE-V1
TE-V1.PNG (46.19 KiB) Viewed 886 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Wow, that's very nice :!:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

It indeed is, very easy to read everything and everything logicly placed (if you ask me). The logo isn't basd either.
Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Steve »

It looks too complicated for me. For starters, it probaly uses tables for layout. Correct me if i'm wrong, but it is either that, or it won't expand to fit the window.

But some pointers: shrink the big white gaps between the boxes and possible remove the ads, as i don't think we'll be having any. For the time being, we probaly won't need the poll section either, we'll have to see about that.

Right now, i prefer the older design (http://tt2.sourceforge.net/) but with nicer colours and the missing graphics. I'll try and piece that together properly later tonight.
The Master
Engineer
Engineer

Post by The Master »

My template are tableless, using only div tag.

The template width is fixed at 800px, height is variable.
Attachments
TE-V1.zip
TE-V1 Source Archive
(97.14 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
The Master
Engineer
Engineer

Post by The Master »

Maked new version without ads, right column.
I have moreover reduced white space.
Attachments
TE-V1.1.zip
TE-V1.1 Source Archive
(38.29 KiB) Downloaded 182 times
TE-V1.1 Screenshot
TE-V1.1 Screenshot
TE-V1.1.PNG (35.29 KiB) Viewed 883 times
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

I still like it :roll:.
Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Steve »

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Nice :!:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

What do you find nice, Purno? The message on me and the well or the site layout? Remember be to get back to Steve someday...

Can't you change the pink to a little less bright, Steve? I know you wear pink A LOT but don't forcefeed it upon us.
Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Steve »

Pink? It's clearly orange. I've been used websafe colours so far, i'm not exactly sure how unsafe other colours are though.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Hyronymus wrote:What do you find nice, Purno? The message on me and the well or the site layout? Remember be to get back to Steve someday...
I was serious this time Hyr, I find the website nice. But the message about you made me ROFL :wink:
Image Image
PJayTycy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by PJayTycy »

Yes, it's a nice Steve.

I know I wanted a screenshot of the game on the right top corner, but the site looks better without it. It's a good thing you removed it.

And, I certainly like it a lot more than the other design posted here, that is too purple, too general, too boring, ... But, it's thanks to "The Master" our site layout got a little more attention.
On holiday from 16/07 till 31/07
Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Steve »

Well, I didn't remove the screenshot as such.. I used Zuu's code and only realised that you had made updates when i was nearly done and decided not to attempt to merge the two.

But we could add a screenshot instead of the crazy lightning in the top left. If we covered it in a black mist, so it blended in, it would be nice to show a bit of the game. I'll see what I can some up with tomorrow.
Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Steve »

Another update. After some help from fussy Hyronymus and crazy Grunt, the site has a new colour scheme and a quote bit in the top right. There are 4 quotes that will be displayed, refresh to get a new one.

http://www.phoenixscripts.co.uk/tempire/steve/home.php
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

But where is the logo, Steve?
Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Steve »

http://www.phoenixscripts.co.uk/tempire/steve/home.php

Updated. You can now choose the style to show using the two links in the main section. Green or blue? You can pick.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

And you may flood this topic with what you prefer or keep it to yourself and surprise us at tomorrow's meeting.

Topic locked, website up and running (09112006).

Return to “Transport Empire Development Archive”