[OBJ] Website - Graphics

Archived discussions related to Transport Empire. Read-only access only.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

Perhaps by enlarging the arrows a little.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

The Master wrote:Sorry Purno, but i don't like your logo version, too many space without graphics element.
Probably magnifying the text, the effect would be different.
:?
lol...

the only thing I changed are the arrows and the corners. The text is exactly the same as you did. So you're now saying you don't like your own logo :lol:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
PJayTycy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by PJayTycy »

Hey, the arrows in Belgium are in reallity a little different :

They are just plain triangles, without rounded corners or slanted lines etc...
Also, it's a different shade of blue.

The point is, take the one that looks best, because traffic signs will be slightly different in every country, so you can't make "The realistic traffic sign".

I hereby state my preference for The Master's version (partially because he's the one who came up with this logo in the first place).
On holiday from 16/07 till 31/07
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

PJayTycy wrote:The point is, take the one that looks best, because traffic signs will be slightly different in every country, so you can't make "The realistic traffic sign".
That's why I'm not happy to have a traffic sign as a logo.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Sorry to say but why do you come with that only now, after we spend almost 3 pages on it?
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Because I (and apparanlty others too) can't think of a better alternative.
Image Image
The Master
Engineer
Engineer

Post by The Master »

Purno wrote:The only thing I changed are the arrows and the corners. The text is exactly the same as you did. So you're now saying you don't like your own logo.
:x I have suggest you to adapt text at the new logo space avaible, i like my logo.
Purno wrote:
PJayTycy wrote:The point is, take the one that looks best, because traffic signs will be slightly different in every country, so you can't make "The realistic traffic sign".
That's why I'm not happy to have a traffic sign as a logo.
At current stadium TE don't have really identity to suggest logo, i have make sign for only reason that remember transport.:wink:

For me, at present road sign is best logo for TE, if it need one.
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

About which color I like the most. (Steve asked me at IRC last week)

I think the blue one is the best. Plus that it is nice to have something else than green, which is the color that the ground very likely will have in TE. Also many homepages for transport games have green backgrounds. Not to mention tt-forums. So a blue nice color would also stand out a bit.

just my 2 cents.

Topic locked, website up and running (09112006).
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)

Return to “Transport Empire Development Archive”