[OBJ] Website - Create a logo [check first post!!!]

Archived discussions related to Transport Empire. Read-only access only.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

Which logo should become the official TE logo?

Poll ended at 28 Oct 2005 19:50

Logo 1: http://www.tt-forums.net/files/logo_com ... ly_206.png
8%
Logo 2: http://www.tt-forums.net/files/train2_652.jpg
No votes
Logo 3: http://www.tt-forums.net//files/transpo ... _2_496.png
50%
Logo 4: http://www.emuu.co.uk/files/Catenary.png
No votes
Logo 5: http://www.emuu.co.uk/files/Track.png
No votes
Logo 6: http://www.emuu.co.uk/files/Sign3.png
42%
Logo 7: http://www.tt-forums.net/files/te_logo_sketch_133.png
No votes
Logo 8: http://www.tt-forums.net/files/te-arrow ... st_134.png
No votes

Total votes: 12

Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Hyronymus wrote:Why would we want trains to be dominant? I think you've stumbled upon the classical error of many transport simulations by stating this. Why can't we at least develop a game with more equal transportation means? And why can't we have 4 logo's that each depicts one means of transportation?
Because having a logo depicting all transport devices would make a logo too 'full' and busy imho. But you're welcome to choose a ship as the dominant element ;)
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

This one contains a neutral way of transport :tongue:
Attachments
TE neutral transport logo.PNG
TE neutral transport logo.PNG (1.04 KiB) Viewed 5238 times
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

DarkVater wrote:Because having a logo depicting all transport devices would make a logo too 'full' and busy imho. But you're welcome to choose a ship as the dominant element ;)
I specificly wrote 'And why can't we have 4 logo's that each depicts one means of transportation?'. That is (given we have 4 means of transportation) 1 means of transportation on every single sign.
Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Steve »

There is no need to include everything in the logo. I'm sure people can find out in other ways, what transport things are offered in the game.
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Purno, very good concept, I've never seen that in other games
Don't mind others, I think you got something there
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
charlieg
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by charlieg »

There's too much writing in Purno's concept. However, I think he's onto something.

Substitute the writing for pictures (i.e. replace 'Plane' with a plane icon) and consolidate them think 3 signs like in this terrible ascii art:

Code: Select all

.---------------------.
|  Transport  Empire  |
'---------------------'
 /--------. .--------\
<   P  C  | |  T  S   >
 \--------' '--------/
Open source tycoon games
--
Free Gamer - open source and Free Software games
FreeGameDev forums - open source game development community
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

charlieg wrote:There's too much writing in Purno's concept. However, I think he's onto something.
There's no writing in my latest logo, a few post above yours :wink:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
DominionSpy
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DominionSpy »

Purno wrote:Quick sketch from what I had in mind, based upon the roadsigns
charlieg wrote:There's too much writing in Purno's concept. However, I think he's onto something.

Substitute the writing for pictures (i.e. replace 'Plane' with a plane icon) and consolidate them think 3 signs like in this terrible ascii art:

Code: Select all

.---------------------.
|  Transport  Empire  |
'---------------------'
 /--------. .--------\
<   P  C  | |  T  S   >
 \--------' '--------/
Based on Purno's original idea and charlieg's modification, I came up with this.
Attachments
Sign4.png
Sign4.png (18.85 KiB) Viewed 5140 times
You're saying I'm a Dominion spy, and don't even know it! - Dr. Bashir
That's the Joker in my avatar, not me. No wait it is me.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

For a website, a width but thin logo would be the best to use, I think. For the in-game start-up screen, or whatever, it doesn't really matter.
Image Image
Grunt
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Grunt »

Ooh, here's a idea - we could do a website using the very top sign of that logo as a logo in the top left corner and have a sidebar comprised of signs of the form of the lower two signs (but smaller in size, of course).
Grunt
(aka Stephan Grunt, CEO of Grunt Transport Inc. since 1994.)
charlieg
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by charlieg »

DominionSpy wrote:Based on Purno's original idea and charlieg's modification, I came up with this.
Better but the "Transport Empire" text is too small in relation to the signs, IMHO. Might be better off placing the direction signs side by side and scaling the label sign to make it twice as large.
Open source tycoon games
--
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

As you probably allready know I think that it is not a good idea to include a symbol for every transport mean that the game offers in the logo.

I don't think the idea of choosing one transport mean trains or ships or any sort as the symbol that shows that this is is a transportgame.

Now over to my latest idea. Which is a quite simple logo.

Have a look at the pictures and come back here again. And read about my thoghts with the logo.

The arrow at the last e in Empier symbolices growth of your empire and moving of things (aka transport). Other poistive things can be assosiated with the uppwards arrow.

Note that the computer drawed version isn't finished. Perhaps someone with a Wacom can make a better arrow. Also perhaps ther should be som simple backgorund with a simple bumpmap or so.
Attachments
TE-arrow-logo-first.png
TE-arrow-logo-first.png (6.8 KiB) Viewed 5044 times
TE-arrow-logo-paper_sketch.jpg
TE-arrow-logo-paper_sketch.jpg (28.97 KiB) Viewed 5049 times
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
charlieg
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by charlieg »

That's just so undistinctive and boring though.

What about this.
  • It's simple
  • It conveys what TE is about (transport)
  • It's based on something you can identify with transport (a sign)
  • The lettering is still the main component, not dominated by the sign
Attachments
A combination of Purno's and DominionSpy's efforts combined with my own thoughts.
A combination of Purno's and DominionSpy's efforts combined with my own thoughts.
TElogo.png (9.36 KiB) Viewed 5015 times
Open source tycoon games
--
charlieg
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by charlieg »

Btw it would look a lot better if tweaked by somebody who has the original stuff. I just hacked that together from the image DominionSpy posted.

The lettering needs to be a bit bigger, as does the gap between the top of the sign and the lettering.
Open source tycoon games
--
charlieg
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by charlieg »

Here, tweaked it slightly. I'll leave it at that, and hope somebody else takes the idea forward.
Attachments
TElogo2.png
TElogo2.png (9.36 KiB) Viewed 5009 times
Open source tycoon games
--
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Ehm... charlieg, I like your logo, but you know, there's an EDIT button which lets you edit your message, in case you forgot something or have something to add, so you don't have to make 3 posts :wink:
Image Image
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

I have to admit that the last hack by charlieg does actually look good, allthroght it has transport symbols in it.. :)
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
Grunt
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Grunt »

Just curious - what would charlieg's latest logos look like with zuu's proposed arrow-e design in the text?
Grunt
(aka Stephan Grunt, CEO of Grunt Transport Inc. since 1994.)
charlieg
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by charlieg »

Grunt wrote:Just curious - what would charlieg's latest logos look like with zuu's proposed arrow-e design in the text?
I don't think it's suitable. The purpose of my/Purno/DominionSpy's logo efforts were based on signs. That "arrow-e" would be out of place.
Open source tycoon games
--
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Agreed. TBH, I don't really like the arrow-e idea... sorry.
Image Image

Return to “Transport Empire Development Archive”