[OBJ] Website - Create a logo [check first post!!!]

Archived discussions related to Transport Empire. Read-only access only.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

Which logo should become the official TE logo?

Poll ended at 28 Oct 2005 19:50

Logo 1: http://www.tt-forums.net/files/logo_com ... ly_206.png
8%
Logo 2: http://www.tt-forums.net/files/train2_652.jpg
No votes
Logo 3: http://www.tt-forums.net//files/transpo ... _2_496.png
50%
Logo 4: http://www.emuu.co.uk/files/Catenary.png
No votes
Logo 5: http://www.emuu.co.uk/files/Track.png
No votes
Logo 6: http://www.emuu.co.uk/files/Sign3.png
42%
Logo 7: http://www.tt-forums.net/files/te_logo_sketch_133.png
No votes
Logo 8: http://www.tt-forums.net/files/te-arrow ... st_134.png
No votes

Total votes: 12

Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Steve »

Yes, the one with just the steam looks better than the one with the boat and stuff. The TTD and Transport Giant logos/box art do show all the transport types, but look at how big they are! A logo for the website would need to be much smaller.
The Master
Engineer
Engineer

Post by The Master »

For me no transport symbols are needed, project name are unmistakable.

Tuisu send me the logo, if possible, with this size 456x126.
I try to make screenshot of your logo in the site template.
-----------------------------------
I play OpenTTD in italian under Debian GNU/Linux
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

I am with The master that having a symbol for each transport method would be too much. If we still want to have something more than just the name, I think we should have a symbol that tells that the game is about transport, without naming any transprot method.

One way could be as I have suggested in the other Logo thread that we draw a container with Transport empire writen on the side. Another way could be to have some network nodes displayed and links between them.

[Edit:] Okay, I was wrong, my logo suggestios are in this thread. Heres a link to the contianer suggestion, including a sketch: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=349895#349895
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
DominionSpy
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DominionSpy »

I've come up with a few concept logos based on different ideas.

The first is based on the idea in tuisu's logo, but in the style of British road signs:

Road and track going off into the distance:

This is based on an idea of one of my friends. The T is a catenary mast, while the E is part of the track:

These 2 are based on the British Rail / Nederlandse Spoorwegen logos:
You're saying I'm a Dominion spy, and don't even know it! - Dr. Bashir
That's the Joker in my avatar, not me. No wait it is me.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

DominionSpy wrote:I've come up with a few concept logos based on different ideas.

The first is based on the idea in tuisu's logo, but in the style of British road signs:
I like it, perhaps if you can add some logo of a boat too, and add a railway crossing sign, you got all kinds of transport in one logo, although it might get too crowded... :?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

I think the British roadsign is the best and it can be adapted to European mainland colours to fit with the blue colour scheme of the website. But I can't help but loving the catenary T and track E logo too. Tell your friend to consider a job on designing logo's.
DominionSpy
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DominionSpy »

Purno wrote:
DominionSpy wrote:I've come up with a few concept logos based on different ideas.

I like it, perhaps if you can add some logo of a boat too, and add a railway crossing sign, you got all kinds of transport in one logo, although it might get too crowded... :?
Here's a fun tongue-in-cheek version for you:
Hyronymus wrote:I think the British roadsign is the best and it can be adapted to European mainland colours to fit with the blue colour scheme of the website. But I can't help but loving the catenary T and track E logo too. Tell your friend to consider a job on designing logo's.
Like this?:

And I'll tell him, he'll be very embarresed :D
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Just like that, DominionSpy.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

DominionSpy wrote:
Purno wrote:

Here's a fun tongue-in-cheek version for you:
Now the plane is gone :(

Thx :D
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
uzurpator
Transport Empire Moderator

Post by uzurpator »

http://www.emuu.co.uk/files/Sign.png

nice

http://www.emuu.co.uk/files/Sign3.png

nice

now - can we get a railroad and ship based models and be done with the logo already?
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Sounds like a plan to me. What if we divide the total amount of logo's over the 2 colours: the RV and ship sign in 'European mainland'-blue and the airport and train sign in British green.
uzurpator

Post by uzurpator »

I was more thinking about:

Trains: Yellow and black
Ships: Red and white
Roads: blue and white
Airplanes: green and white

these as sub logos

and the "steam" logo with arrow as a main website logo.
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
tuisu
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tuisu »

Oh, these are great. You're on the jazz DominionSpy! ;)

I especially like:

and

Really clean and simple. Btw, what font are you using?

I would prefer these two to my attempts any time.
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Yeah, the green one with airplane, and dutch/european highway sign are great. However perhaps the airplane should be replaced with train? I don't know much about TE, but I think trains will be most dominant, no?
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
DominionSpy
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DominionSpy »

tuisu wrote:Oh, these are great. You're on the jazz DominionSpy! ;)
I don't quite know what that means, but thanks :)
tuisu wrote:Btw, what font are you using?
The font is called Transport and is faithfully based on the official font for UK road signs.
Darkvater wrote:Yeah, the green one with airplane, and dutch/european highway sign are great. However perhaps the airplane should be replaced with train? I don't know much about TE, but I think trains will be most dominant, no?
Yeah, I can put any transport symbol we want there (same with the motorway symbol on the blue one).
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Why would we want trains to be dominant? I think you've stumbled upon the classical error of many transport simulations by stating this. Why can't we at least develop a game with more equal transportation means? And why can't we have 4 logo's that each depicts one means of transportation?
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Quick sketch from what I had in mind, based upon the roadsigns
Attachments
TE logo sketch.PNG
TE logo sketch.PNG (5.03 KiB) Viewed 4433 times
Image Image
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

Purno, thats a good concept sketch. Needs work, but it's a start.
Formerly known as Lachie
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

It's too big I think.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

You can make it as big or small as you want.
Image Image

Return to “Transport Empire Development Archive”