IRC meeting 160705 @ 1800 GMT on #transportempire, Quakenet

Archived discussions related to Transport Empire. Read-only access only.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

IRC meeting 160705 @ 1800 GMT on #transportempire, Quakenet

Post by Hyronymus »

Low and behold: We are seriously considering picking up the nasty habit of keeping ourselves and others informed by the means of holding meetings! The timing might be off since almost everyone is on holiday in July and August but I think we can all agree on the fact that this project is slowly dieing due to ill communication. So let's see what we have to discuss:

Agenda:

1. Start meeting
1a. Pick a chairman and a minutes man
1b. Discuss minutes of previous meeting (this means re-reading them!)
2. Elect new management
3. Progress on the Design Document
4. Progress of the Management Group
4a. Website + Wiki maintenance
4b. EmpireBot
4c. Available test-systems overview
5. Progress of the Code Group
5a. Setup development environments on our machines. (code)
5b. progress on the SDL demo
6. User Interface progress
7. Any other business (AOB)
8. Next meeting
9. End

EDIT: added Steve's suggestion to the agenda [130705].
Last edited by Hyronymus on 13 Jul 2005 06:26, edited 2 times in total.
PJayTycy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by PJayTycy »

As this is a satuday, I'll probably wont be able to join the meeting (again). I am staying with my girlfriend then.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Change your plans, she'll love it ;).
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

PJayTycy wrote:As this is a satuday, I'll probably wont be able to join the meeting (again). I am staying with my girlfriend then.
Maybe we can have it on the friday before, or maybe the thursday too.

Or at saturday morning.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
PJayTycy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by PJayTycy »

edit: sorry, I didn't read the date carefully... I thought you were talking about tomorrow. (but there's still a big chance I'll be with my girlfriend next week too :lol: ).

Thursday would be fine, but I guess that's not very popular with other members, so, I hereby present my thoughts/questions about the agenda, in case I don't make it :

2) Progress on design doc : There are only 2 people who can say something meaningfull about this, and that's not me. There could ofcourse be questions as to which direction the doc should go or about small details. That would be a good reason to be at the meeting.

3a) Website + wiki : I posted a modified css in the website thread, but nobody commented on it. Zuu wants to hand over the lead, but no one wants to take it. I think he did a good job on the php-backend, we only need some more flavoured css/xhtml and some images. I don't know PHP and certainly don't have a PHP-enabled webserver, but I can/will help with the xhtml/css part.

3b) EmpireBot : Steve promissed this right? It would be easier in the meetings, but it's not top-priority. If he doesn't want to put time in it anymore, that's fine with me too. The last meetings seemed pretty well behaved / organised.

3c) test-systems : We have a thread for it, I created an XLS with the data.
Not very usefull yet.

4a) development environments : I formatted my pc and have lots of free space now :-) I promiss I'll try to install SDL etc on my pc till I get uzurpator's demo to compile & run (and then uninstall it all again, install it the right way from the first time, and write an install-doc while I do it). If somebody else would this, I can just follow the install-doc and have a working environment from the first go. 8)

4b) SDL demo : I'm not working on it (yet), and don't have any comments on it yet. Maybe only a question : how much will this demo influence the design doc? Ie: make sure not to write the design doc with the idea to use this SDL demo as a code-base.

5) User interface : what should be happening here? / why is it on the agenda?
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

PJay, maybe you should read the minutes from the last meeting: http://www.tt-forums.net//files/meeting ... 17_885.txt

In short, UI is on the agenda becuse it was suggested as one of many tasks that can be worked on before the Design Doc is finnished.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Steve »

I think we need to bump everything from 2 down a slot and add "Elect new management".

Unless of course we want Chris to be leading us, when he has dissapeared.

On my task list i have to finish my current task which will be done tommorow for sure and maybe a couple of days at a later date. I then have my website to update. There is A LOT to do there, so i'll be able to alternate with working on Empirebot. He'll be alive for the meeting in some shape or form.
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jfs »

I will attempt to attend the meeting (I expect to be able to), but I'm still more busy with various other projects.
Hellfire
Transport Empire Developer
Transport Empire Developer

Post by Hellfire »

PJayTycy wrote:2) Progress on design doc : There are only 2 people who can say something meaningfull about this, and that's not me. There could ofcourse be questions as to which direction the doc should go or about small details. That would be a good reason to be at the meeting.
Then it would help if one of them attends the meeting, right?

I'll try to be there. :)
Feel free to contact me over Email! My current timezone: Europe/Amsterdam (GMT+1 or GMT+2)

Code: Select all

+------------Oo.------+
| Transport Empire -> |
+---------------------+
[ General TE Discussion ] [ TE Development ] [ TE Coding ]
Under construction...
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Amazing, was the agenda I proposed so thorough that noone has anything to add to it?
Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Steve »

Hyronymus wrote:Amazing, was the agenda I proposed so thorough that noone has anything to add to it?
Well, i thought i mentioned something. I guess not.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Oh, funny that I didn't read it until now :shock:. It's added, I think you have a point ;).
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

I wont be at the meeting. (not becuse I don't want, but becuse it colides with another thing)

Therefor, I am writing down my thoghts here.

Project:
After summer I'll begin at university, at communications and transport systems. I don't know if it will be too much to both study transport and working on a spare-time project about the same thing. Perhaps it is better do something compleatly differert, so that I don't get tired of it. I don't know, but many people have said that it is good to do something else in your spare time then at work/uni.

Also, I am going to move to a new city, so the first montths first priority wont be TE (or any other project) , but rather to get into it, and making new friends.

I hope this does not comes as a shock. After all I said that this might hapen when I joined a 9 months ago or so.

Web team:
I think it would be good if someone wants to take over the leader hat. I won't propably wont have much time to work on it untill I start uni. Also, I don't feal any motivation for it.

To me Hyronymus or PJayTycy seams like two good candidates. However, I wont infare with that decision.

--

I wish you all a nice meeting. :D
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Thanks for the kind words and your opinion, Zuu. I hope we can arrange a meeting that you can attend between next meeting and you starting at university.

Unfortunately, it seems that being in the management team of TE is cursed. Although things haven't been going well for quite some time, the problems between my parents hit a sad height yesterday. My brother and I are pretty occupied by the new developments which force me to save more time for my parents now. I do want to try to come to this saturday's meeting though, not merely because I find it important but also to give myself a (small) break. But I can't predict what the (near) future will do with my sparetime.
Jpl
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Jpl »

It appears that there is no meeting this time (as usual).

Edit: No serious discussion this time. Next meeting is decided to be at 230705 @ 1900 GMT.
Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Steve »

Meeting results:
Shocking.
Attachments
tempiremins050716.txt
Minutes
(1019 Bytes) Downloaded 269 times
tempirelogs050716.txt
Logs
(3.49 KiB) Downloaded 249 times
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jfs »

I was too tired to participate, and was actually taking a nap during that time.
I won't be home (or even have Internet access) on the 23rd, so I can't participate in the next meeting.
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

Heh, probably the most productive meeting yet.
Hmm, if I get better with C coding I might ending joining in on the meetings, although I greatly oppose the silly way stuff is being done, with meetings and all those topics with people taking themselves way too seriously :|
GoneWacko. Making [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/tycoon]#tycoon[/url] sexy and exciting since 1784.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I had planned myself to join the meeting, but the meeting was a bit too late (parents didn't want me to stay behind the pc :roll: ).

I don't really much of the things going on at TE, so that's why I want to try to join the meetings, to get to know something about TE.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

This was shocking, I actually thought there were people left even if I couldn't make it. I think next meeting is possible for me to attend, if things stabilize a bit.

Topic locked, minutes are processed (09112006).

Return to “Transport Empire Development Archive”