On communication between group members and making progress

Archived discussions related to Transport Empire. Read-only access only.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

On communication between group members and making progress

Post by Hyronymus »

Does anyone even remember when the last meeting was by chance? It's been a long while and I really feel we need to get together again.

Since we decided to start writing the DD it seems like everything else came to a stop (unfortunately I can't exclude myself entirely from this movement too). If I look to what we've achieved during the past 2 months it's hardly anything at all:
  • - website group formed
    - homepage previev + wiki entance created
    - short overview on what the DD progress is
I was told to be realistic about the time it would take to have a finished DD and I am realistic about it. But now it seems to take just as long to create a basic website. In general there's no feedback from other dev's except those who enrolled themselves in the website group. Why can't we just make a decision for the time being, websites are never finished anyway.

I'm gonna read the latest minutes once more and look for tasks that could be done without the finished DD. Just to pretend this project didn't I 100% yet. If you think that's a bit too dramatic: please proof I'm wrong and reply.
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

I think you are right. Either we have to have a meeting and get things rolling, or put down the project.

I talked with Steve on IRC about the curent state, and I think most people agrees that something has to be done.

The only problem might be that people might be aboard or somewhere else where they cant attend to a meeting.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

That's something we can only find out if we arrange a meeting. It's a safe conclusion (to start with) that people are on holiday when they don't appear on the first meeting. We have to see if there are actually people who gave up on TE.

In that vein I wrote a PM/email to ChrisCF yesterday. Although he hasn't been spotted on the forums since May, 8th he never told us he would leave/quit. If he decided to quit (for whatever reason) it would be fair if he handed in some 'priviliges'. I haven't received a reply yet and I'm considering to wait until the 13th (giving Chris a one week notice).
Hellfire
Transport Empire Developer
Transport Empire Developer

Post by Hellfire »

Hyronymus wrote:In that vein I wrote a PM/email to ChrisCF yesterday.
Have you seen this?

Probably you have ;), but maybe you should send Chris an e-mail.

By the way, a meeting could be a good idea, to keep people focussed, at least.

Edit: and once again, I should read better. You already emailed him. Did you ask for the "proverbial keys to the kingdom"? ;)
Feel free to contact me over Email! My current timezone: Europe/Amsterdam (GMT+1 or GMT+2)

Code: Select all

+------------Oo.------+
| Transport Empire -> |
+---------------------+
[ General TE Discussion ] [ TE Development ] [ TE Coding ]
Under construction...
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

No, I hadn't read that but it explains something. And yes I PM-ed/emailed him. I think it's safe to start a new meeting topic then, I'll suggest next weekend I think.

Return to “Transport Empire Development Archive”