IRC Meeting 2005-04-03 1900 UTC

Archived discussions related to Transport Empire. Read-only access only.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

IRC Meeting 2005-04-03 1900 UTC

Post by Steve »

Topic? Newsgroup? Agenda?

It's tommorow isn't it?
Last edited by Steve on 03 Apr 2005 20:22, edited 1 time in total.
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

Agenda.
Meeting Rules @ our wiki wrote: Making the agenda

If you have been assigned to a job and you have progress to announce you should suggest your job progress to the agenda yourself. If you forget to suggest it to the agenda you can probably discuss it during AOB. This option will be removed if people make a tendancy from forgetting to suggest their progress because they know it can still be discussed during AOB. A preliminairy agenda will always be presented in the announcement of the next meeting. During this phase of development the agenda will always contain the following topics:
  • - discuss minutes of previous meeting
  • - pick new minutes man
  • - FRD progress
  • - current and new Featured Discussion
  • - Any Other Business (AOB)
  • - assigning chairman for next meeting
Well FRD progress is obselate, but the rest seams fair. Alltroght I don't know if we want to have a new featured discussion, I think it should be on the agenda until (if) we drop the whole thing. And offcorce we shall add DD to it.

So let me suggest suggest:

1. Meeting opening
2. pick a chairman and a minutes man.
3. Discuss minutes of previous meeting.
4. Featured discussion.
5. Design Document
5a Confirm vote
5b What to do now? How shall we/the DD group proceed with the DD?
6. Tasks to do in parallel with the DD
7. Any other business (AOB)
8. Assigning chairman for next meeting
9. Next meeting
10. End

Point 8 should possible expand to several points. Alternative we can ommit it, and have another meeting after the first one, that would only involve the management group, as I gues it will be website, wiki, backup etc. related things.

Whatever we do for this meeting, I think in future it would be wise to have "General team meetings" for the whole team, and management meetings which would only involve the persons who are involved in those tasks. Offcorce, still everyone are welcome.

Edit: Note: This is the 6000:th post in TEmpire General subforum.
Last edited by Zuu on 03 Apr 2005 12:26, edited 1 time in total.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

Well the meeting is 1900 UTC tonight, so perhaps please send some feedback that you would come or not, or tell that you are alive.

And now that we have summer time the meeting will be held one hour later, so I suggest that next meeting should be 17:30 UTC or so. But don't worry, I'll be at the meeting tonight a while at least.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Steve »

What's the relation of UTC to GMT now?

And i'll be there.. i think.
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

UTC is GMT.
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

In other words it will begin 20:00 in England, and 21:00 in centeral Europe (CET). (and 22:00 in Finnland)
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Arathorn wrote:UTC is GMT.
Well, depends on your definition of "GMT", some people refer to GMT as being the time in Britain, other as being the same as UTC.

During the summer, anyway, UTC = GMT+0, whereas in Britain, we use BST. So zuu is right by saying:

UTC = 1900
BST = 2000
CEST = 2100
Finnish time = 2200
Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Steve »

I meant the time for me, BST. I wrote BST at first, then realised the S probaly stood for Summer.. but we don't have that here.
Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Steve »

Things for people to do: (May clash slightly with minutes)

We need to force people to vote on the DD thread. Will someone who knows how, please PM all the members of the Dev forum and get them to vote. Less than half have already, and that isn't good enough.
Things are being done to make future votes better.

Things to do whilst DD is being made:
Website/wiki
Get more devs, publicity, etc
Work on/find graphics and network libraries
Design user interface

AOB
Start off a system to find what system specs people can test/code for. (Needs new topic)
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

Steve wrote:We need to force people to vote on the DD thread. Will someone who knows how, please PM all the members of the Dev forum and get them to vote. Less than half have already, and that isn't good enough.
I am working on it, so watch your inbox.

EDIT: Now, everyone should have a message in their PM inbox. If I havn't missed someone.
PJayTycy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by PJayTycy »

I just voted.
Lilman424
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lilman424 »

here's the log and minutes.
Attachments
minutes.txt
....and the minutes.
(512 Bytes) Downloaded 181 times
meetinglog.txt
The log...
(17.38 KiB) Downloaded 288 times
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein
PJayTycy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by PJayTycy »

about empirebot (from the log):

Currently it seems to remember channel topics. What's the use of that ?
Steve never mentionned it remebers -> ! ~ orders. I thought that was one of the basic features it would have. Also, does it have any notion about who is chairman ?
Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Steve »

I've currently just restored the functions of the old TycoonBot, which is the system that remembers key topics and lets users see them.
It will also remember the channel topic, where we should keep details about the next meeting, website and such for quick reference. Due to the Quakenet servers sometimes losing connections with each other, causing netsplits, this channel topic can be lost and someone will have to dig it up from their logs.
Via the topic command (/msg EmpireBot #channel topic), the last topic he saw is given, so you can restore the lost topic.

As for the meeting rules sorter thingy. That is one of the features i could add, via commands from a designated chairman, it could automate the selection of the next speaker, preventing silly errors. I plan to make a simplier system first, you'd give the name of the chairman, minutes man and it'd make a log for the meeting and save it as a text file to be downloaded from the bot. I've never tried making it DCC files though, so it may have to be manually uploaded from the host computer at first.

Topic locked, minutes are processed (09112006).

Return to “Transport Empire Development Archive”