IRC meeting Sunday 130205 @ 1930 UTC on #tempire, Quakenet

Archived discussions related to Transport Empire. Read-only access only.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jfs »

Hyronymus wrote:On a sidenote: how's the IRC meeting script coming, jfs?
Sorry, forgot to mention this before, but I've basically given up on it. mIRC script is so horrible to write in, I simply can't find a way to realise what I want to do. It'd almost be easier to invent and implement a new chat-protocol that can take care of the things. (Having a new protocol could also provide things like "currently typing" notifications.)
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

And do you feel like thinking up a protocol for meetings?
Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Steve »

Making a decent client for such a thing would take a bit of time. Then you need a server to host it as well.
It may be worth it, but how many more meetings are we going to have? When the DD is done and dusted, will we have as many important meetings? Would they need the discussion elements that the new system would create?
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

Abput the minutes:
I think you should eumerate the points as in the agenda. => Train propulsion would be number 12 then.

other:
I agre with Hyr. that it wouldd be good if people read the sumary or at least take a short look at the tt-forums tread BEFORE they start to discuss the topic.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
Hellfire
Transport Empire Developer

Post by Hellfire »

zuu wrote:Abput the minutes:
I think you should eumerate the points as in the agenda. => Train propulsion would be number 12 then.
They were. You can verify that in the agena's at the start of this topic. Train propulsion was actually number 1 on the agenda.
Feel free to contact me over Email! My current timezone: Europe/Amsterdam (GMT+1 or GMT+2)

Code: Select all

+------------Oo.------+
| Transport Empire -> |
+---------------------+
[ General TE Discussion ] [ TE Development ] [ TE Coding ]
Under construction...
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

It depends on which agenda you look though. On the agenda for the 1st FRD meeting it was numbered differently but for last meeting I started counting at 1 again. Maybe not a good idea after all?!
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

Hyronymus wrote:It depends on which agenda you look though. On the agenda for the 1st FRD meeting it was numbered differently but for last meeting I started counting at 1 again. Maybe not a good idea after all?!
Well, the drawback is that I have written down the full agenda in paper, as you recomendated. An when you change the numbering, I have to change it, or make another handwritten copy :(. But for people that have big screens or many screeens and can aford to have it laying around on screen I don't think the change of numbering matter that much, other than if you have made notes, where you use the umbers as refference.

But enoght on that.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Shouldn't someone put up a topic for this sunday's meeting?
ChrisCF

Post by ChrisCF »

That depends. If it's much after 6pm, I'll be forced to edit it to read Saturday ;)

Topic locked, minutes are processed (09112006).

Return to “Transport Empire Development Archive”