FAQ / Help Centre Feedback

Check this forum for common questions and answers before posting elsewhere.
jonty-comp
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: FAQ / Help Centre Feedback

Post by jonty-comp »

Split posts off into the OpenTTD problems forum here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=45477
Brantwan
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Brantwan »

ok so im starting to play this again but i forgot how to install it and what to look for inorder to install it help? please.
I Am the Mustard King..... I like to bath in Mustard!!
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kogut »

Nowadays there is no need for original files.
You can download it from here: http://www.openttd.org/en/download-stable
Tip: use google http://www.google.pl/search?q=openttd+d ... =firefox-a
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
Brantwan
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Brantwan »

k i got another question where exactily do i put the grf files again so i can get em in the game?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

STFW: http://wiki.openttd.org/Newgrf or the readme, chapter 4.2 which you got along with your OpenTTD
Brantwan
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Brantwan »

kk thanks mate
Flepmelg
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Flepmelg »

I'm new to this forum and this question has probably been asked many times before, but i didn't feel like reading 100+ threats...
But do I need to extract all the .tar files from the download 1 by 1?

I have played TTD a lot when I still was a smaller version of me, I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 and am really exited to play TTD again.
I've been browsing through the updates, and they all look awesome, and i cant wait to launch TTD
is there a current "full version" available? so I don't have to download and install each patch and Gfx file's separately?

thanks in advance
Nite Owl
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nite Owl »

My guess would be that you are looking at OpenTTD? If that is the case then an installer can be downloaded from OPENTTD.ORG for your OS. During the installation you will be given the option of downloading the OpenGFX and OpenSFX packages which means you will not need any additional graphics or sounds from another source to be able to play the game. As far as any patches are concerned those are only available in the Development Forum of the OpenTTD section of these forums and each patch must be compiled into the game's code by you unless the developer of the patch has provided a binary for your OS. If you do run across any .tar files OpenTTD can deal with them without you having to extract them. NewGrfs (additional graphic changes to the game) can be had from several places. There is the in game content download option known as Bananas. You can also have a look at GRFCRAWLER. The most comprehensive single download for NewGrfs can be found at OPENTTDCOOP. Your primary source for information on what to do with all of this once you get it up and running can be found at THE OPENTTD WIKI which will give you the information needed to put all of this together and make it work. Unfortunately, like any other game, there will be a bit of reading to do and a bit of a learning curve before you can get the most out of your experience. Beyond all of that asking questions in the proper subsection of these forums will net you any other results that you might need. Have fun and welcome to the forums.
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet
------------------------------------------------------------
Brevity is the soul of wit and obscenity is its downfall
--------------------------------------------------------
Good Night And Good Luck - Read You Soon
jstein22kk
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jstein22kk »

Hello .. please can anyone help me ?? How can I load/activate .tar files (for 'zoom' graphics I have placed into the data folder ? ) The game does not seem to pick them up .. i.e the 'buildings_HQ .tar' downloaded from the '32bpp Extra Zoom Levels ' webpage for example .. I suspect some other graphics .png file needs to be overwritte/replaced ?

Many thanks if anyone can help .. this is probably a neophyte query but I cannot find the 'simple .. there it was answer' all day now......
Nite Owl
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nite Owl »

I do not know the specific answer to your question but maybe I can point you in the right direction. Head on over to THIS SECTION of the forums for all things related to 32bpp graphics. Asking your question (or looking through the postings) there would be more productive. Welcome to the forums.
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet
------------------------------------------------------------
Brevity is the soul of wit and obscenity is its downfall
--------------------------------------------------------
Good Night And Good Luck - Read You Soon
LocoRoller725
Engineer
Engineer

Post by LocoRoller725 »

Sorry to interrupt, but here's my stupid question:

How do I delete this account? :oops: I made this one first using my primary email, didn't realize the confirmation email was sent to spam, and made a new one under the name 'LocoRoller' using an email i don't check. I want to use my normal email address for the new account.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Best to contact the administrator, orudge, about those kinds of issues :)
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Nawdic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nawdic »

Mods won't delete accounts. Not even Owen.

Just leave this one to die, if I was you.
Very much a retired regular poster..... If you can say that :mrgreen:
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Please send an e-mail from each of your accounts to forums@tt-forums.net letting me know that you'd like your e-mail addresses swapped (or, I guess, a PM from each account here on the forums), and I'll do that for you.
LocoRoller725
Engineer
Engineer

Post by LocoRoller725 »

Thanks, let me know when it's done however you please, I have both emails open
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Me again, problem solved.

New problem: It may be a browser issue, but I frequently find that the forums have logged me out, despite having checked 'Log me on automatically each visit.' I go to to the index page, still logged in. When I click 'View your posts,' it prompts me to log back in again. It's very irritating.
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

LocoRoller wrote:Me again, problem solved.

New problem: It may be a browser issue, but I frequently find that the forums have logged me out, despite having checked 'Log me on automatically each visit.' I go to to the index page, still logged in. When I click 'View your posts,' it prompts me to log back in again. It's very irritating.
If you're running any browser add-ons or scripts, this can be a side effect. For example, I use LazyClick and it sometimes misinterprets missed clicks to the wrong links, resulting in a log out.
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

I'm not using any, as far as I know that is.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

LocoRoller wrote:New problem: It may be a browser issue, but I frequently find that the forums have logged me out, despite having checked 'Log me on automatically each visit.' I go to to the index page, still logged in. When I click 'View your posts,' it prompts me to log back in again. It's very irritating.
I notice you have posted from quite a few different IP addresses - I guess your ISP gives you a dynamic IP address that changes fairly frequently. This could be a trigger for logging you out, particularly as a number of the IP addresses I see in your post history are in completely different subnets.

I'm not sure what else may be the cause, off the top of my head, if there aren't any browser plug-ins or similar causing issues.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

I suppose I'll just have to live with that. I'm still going to use all of those different computers

Return to “FAQ / Help Centre”