FAQ / Help Centre Feedback

Check this forum for common questions and answers before posting elsewhere.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Split the extra discussion off here, more appropriate there.
Looon
Engineer
Engineer

too heavy trains

Post by Looon »

sorry for my english
I build a train. When fully loaded it weight is about 110 tons peer waggon (for examle sugar load) so 5 waggons plus train are heavy about 800-900 tons which for most of the trains is too heavy, at the same time same train but owned by Computer weights exactly as it should be (I've calculate weghts from given in the "Buy Window" from Train depo).
What should I do?
Just Play!
BTW I am Proud to be a Bulgarian too... !
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

try turning freight trains off in ttdpatch.cfg, or lowering the number.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
Looon
Engineer
Engineer

Yes !!!

Post by Looon »

it was turned off, so I activate it and put value 1.
It worked!
Big Tx!
Just Play!
BTW I am Proud to be a Bulgarian too... !
GameR
Director
Director

Post by GameR »

i'm an big fan of ttd patch. and wand to make things like that myself.... only. i realy have no idea how to do that....
add me ass friend! i'm so lonely!
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Re: Yes !!!

Post by DaleStan »

Looon wrote:it was turned off, so I activate it and put value 1.
Looon, can you please post your ttdpatch.cfg? off and 1 should be identical. If they aren't, Patchman needs to see it. A savegame may also be useful.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

GameR wrote:i'm an big fan of ttd patch. and wand to make things like that myself.... only. i realy have no idea how to do that....
There's several things you can do;
- Patch developing - I can't help you with that. You better ask some patch dev (like patchman, eis_os, etc)
- Making GRFs - Which I guess you want to do.

Making GRFs exists from two things. Drawing the sprites and coding the NFO. If you want to learn drawing sprites for TT, a good start is my drawing tutorials (link in sig). Information about coding NFO can be found at http://www.ttdpatch.net (in the wiki, I believe).

Alternatively, there are some other thingies related to GRF making you can do, such as doing research, or co-ordinating things.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Train-a-Mania
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Train-a-Mania »

How do you make the picture links in a signature?
Nick - Creator of the virtual railroading review series:

DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Same way you'd do it in a post.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

DaleStan wrote:Same way you'd do it in a post.
He means with [img] and [/img] tags around the url to your picture. I.e.:

Code: Select all

[img]http://tt-forums.net/testimage.jpg[/img]
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Or he wants to know how to make a picture link to something, which would be;

[url=http://www.tt-forums.net][img]http://tt-forums.net/testimage.jpg[/img][/url]

Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Train-a-Mania
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Train-a-Mania »

Hyronymus wrote:
DaleStan wrote:Same way you'd do it in a post.
He means with [img] and [/img] tags around the url to your picture. I.e.:

[img]http://tt-forums.net/testimage.jpg[/img]
Yes. Like Purno's signature.

However, where do you upload the picture to? In your examples, you have /testimage.jpg, but where do you store the image?
Nick - Creator of the virtual railroading review series:

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

You could PM it to yourself, or upload it like something like http://www.imageshack.us .
Image Image
Ammler
President
President

Re: FAQ Help Center Feedback

Post by Ammler »

Hi

Is it possible to change username here?

Would like to begin with Upcase: Ammler

Edit: Sorry about my misspost here. :oops: I should take a look there more.

Greets and thanks
Ammler
Last edited by Ammler on 10 Mar 2008 15:02, edited 1 time in total.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

It is indeed, but not if you ask here. Please read the news section.
steve wilson
Engineer
Engineer

Post by steve wilson »

Hi

I have a noob question for the mods. :bow:

Im trying to install my copy of TTDLX onto my new computer that runs Vista.

As I understand it I need to install the game then install the patch.

When I go to install the game from the CD I get the floowing error message 'This application does not support full screen mode, click ok to close the application'.

Im not too great with Computers. I dropped my screen resoloution to 800x600 to see if this helped but it didnt. Can anyone helf please.

Thanks

Steve
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

So you cannot install the game from the original CD? Hmm...

To run TTD you need either TTDPatch or OpenTTD. As far as I know TTDpatch requires the game to be installed, OpenTTD only needs certain files which *might* just be copyable from the CD.

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the TTD CD-structure. If you can see the .grf files at the CD, you probably can install OpenTTD without installing TTD. I'm not too sure though.
Image Image
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

TTDPatch does not require that TTD be installed, provided that you use a recent 2.5 beta or a nightly.
steve wilson
Engineer
Engineer

Post by steve wilson »

Thanks for your replies. Unfortunatly my IT knowledge ends when it comes to installing patches and unzipping files so Im afraid im going to abandon all hope of playing TTDLX again and look elsewhere for a game to play.

Have fun

Steve
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

one question about the froums, why are some attachments in black boxes and why are some i n Grey boxes?
May the force be with you.
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Return to “FAQ / Help Centre”