FAQ / Help Centre Feedback

Check this forum for common questions and answers before posting elsewhere.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

FAQ / Help Centre Feedback

Post by Hyronymus »

Intention
This thread is intended to allow users to give feedback about the FAQ / Help Centre.

Prefered feedback style
I would be very happy if everyone can pour his feedback in the shape of constructive, positive feedback. My good will to maintain and improve this section will drop to subzero pretty soon if all I get is cheap remarks without possible solutions. So be kind, imagine how you yourself would feel if someone gives you feedback and don't start arguements.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Great work Hyr! This should've been done much sooner!

EDIT: Hmm, the info topics about the games are not stickified, and AFAICT they're not linked to in the main topics in this forum. Wouldn't those topics be interested to keep in sight? They contain useful information.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

OpenTTD.
You've mentioned about nightly builds and you put a link to the forum thread. I don't see this thread is updated. Put a link to http://nightly.openttd.org/ instead of a link to the forum thread. Thank you.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Will do MeusH and Purno, I think that's up to global mods.
ThorRune
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ThorRune »

Seeing as this forum would never be filled so the games went to the next page (would it?) there's little need to stickey stuff.
Alcohol is not the answer, it just makes you forget the question.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

ThorRune wrote:Seeing as this forum would never be filled so the games went to the next page (would it?)
Why wouldn't it be filled? Isn't this the place n00bs can ask their stupid questions without being flamed?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
ThorRune
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ThorRune »

No, as far as i can tell this is a place with FAQs and other help topics, where people look before they ask, without having to use the search function.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Hmm, I just noticed you're right. Only moderators can make new topics...

Hmm, that's not the idea I had in mind when I heard about a FAQ/Help Centre...
Image Image
Gorre
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Gorre »

There should be a topic with "When will be <whatever> finished????!!!11" in subject and it's famous answer in the body...
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

G0RR3 wrote:There should be a topic with "When will be <whatever> finished????!!!11" in subject and it's famous answer in the body...
And a ignore button for people like this one.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

TBH, I'm still awaiting a reaction on my last post...

Why isn't this a place for n00bs to ask their stupid questions without being flamed?
Image Image
SpComb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SpComb »

Scroll down the forums index page and count the number of mentions of 'Problems' you see. This is a read-only info center.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

n00bs get flames for stupid questions in the other topics.
Image Image
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Instead, now you redirect to here and tell them to read. It was never my intention to make this the place for (stupid) questions. And here is why: there will always be people who post their (stupid) question in the wrong section anyhow.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Illegal_Alien wrote:And a ignore button for people like this one.
There is.
It's called phpBB User Hide.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Very constructive feedback, people :roll:
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
ThorRune
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ThorRune »

My suggestions per PM hasn't been put in yet. Why? You said you'd do it, hyr.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

I already had put those links you mentioned in, ThorRune. Look carefully ;).
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

DaleStan wrote:
Illegal_Alien wrote:And a ignore button for people like this one.
There is.
It's called phpBB User Hide.
I dont use software that doesnt work properly.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

About n00bs, people tend to ask immidiatly instead of reading the forum first. I doubt it will reduce newby questions.

Return to “FAQ / Help Centre”