Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:46 pm 
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

The grey ones are just attachments, but the black ones are ones that have been "placed inline" or inserted into the text.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:18 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

thanks

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:50 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Hi

I have recently changed my email address and cannot find how to change my email address within the forum. Could someone please help as my old email address is no longer in use.

Thanks in advance.

Ash :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:30 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Go to the "User Control Panel" then "Profile >> Edit account settings".

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:53 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

I just joined the TT forums. (This is actually my first post!!!) I looked around and didn't see any place to introduce myself. Maybe a Welcome sticky could be placed in the faq/help center, where forum users can introduce themselves and learn a little bit about the other TT forum members.

Edit: Also does the forum have any transportation related Avatars? I am a little computer illiterate, and dont have any for myself. Posting without one though, makes me feel kind of naked. Thanks!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:18 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Well, most members don't introduce themselves but just start posting somewhere. However, I've seen some introduction topics in the off-topic forum in the past.

Quote:
Edit: Also does the forum have any transportation related Avatars? I am a little computer illiterate, and dont have any for myself. Posting without one though, makes me feel kind of naked. Thanks!!!

I guess you could google for some nice avatar. Some users in the past have decided to make a topic asking if someone could make them an avatar. I guess you could combine that with the introduction topic, if you decide to make one.

GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:13 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

An introduction topic doesn't soon too bad. Not sure how Owen thinks about it though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:37 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Did we not used to have one in the OT forum that reappeared every now and then? Perhaps we didn't and I'm thinking of somewhere else. Not a bad idea, anyway. Feel free to start one. ;) I would say that Off-Topic would be the better place for one, though, not the Help Centre.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:26 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

But if it's not a sticky it'll get lost again. It doesn't happen that often that a new guy introduces himself.

GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:21 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Most people just make a topic for themselves. Usually you will get to know people through posting and reading here A LOT.

I think it's better to get a custom avatar, I personally recognise A LOT of people by their avatar and not their name. I would be very confused if Purno, Hyronymus or Dave Worley etc. changed their avatar.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:47 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

XeryusTC wrote:
Most people just make a topic for themselves. Usually you will get to know people through posting and reading here A LOT.

I think it's better to get a custom avatar, I personally recognise A LOT of people by their avatar and not their name. I would be very confused if Purno, Hyronymus or Dave Worley etc. changed their avatar.

We can test that :P. But no, I too think that Off Topic is a good place for an introduction topic.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:58 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Well, last time you changed your avatar it was from some South Park figure to your own head, so that wasn't such a hard change at all knowing what you look like IRL before hand ;)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:09 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Mr. X and me once swapped avatars and signatures for fun, might have been an April Fools Joke, can't remember exactly. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:53 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Hyronymus has made a introducion topic now. :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:10 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

XeryusTC wrote:
Well, last time you changed your avatar it was from some South Park figure to your own head, so that wasn't such a hard change at all knowing what you look like IRL before hand ;)

Thanks. Curious if it was a shock to meet me in the first place now though :P.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:28 pm 

XeryusTC wrote:
... or Dave Worley etc.

I'm Dave Worley, and so's my wife!

Official TT-Dave Fan Club
Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:22 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

XeryusTC wrote:

But then I changed my avatar a while back - I thought it was time for a change after a year and a bit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:01 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Yes, I know, and it was quite misleading :P but after a week or so I got used to it :P

I change my avatar every few months too, but I always keep with the same theme, every avatar I've had here (except maybe the first one or two) have been of the same girl :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:03 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Purno wrote:
Mr. X and me once swapped avatars and signatures for fun, might have been an April Fools Joke, can't remember exactly. :mrgreen:

Yes we did. :P
Was kinda funny how people referred to us as eachother. :P

Closet troll that got locked inside and accidentally left the keys outside.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:38 am 
Engineer
Engineer

:)

Last edited by Whos on Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next