Complete cross platform libraries for everything
Posted: 26 Aug 2011 22:08
I open this topic, in the hopes that this post inspires a developer to actually start working on this game and actually get some results done as this takes away having to figure out the cross platform stuff.
- Graphics: OGRE 3D (nothing new here).
- GUI: CeGUI (again, nothing new).
- Input: Object Oriented input system (again, nothing new)
- Sound: SFML. It is cross platform and allows usage of individual modules. It also supports 3D positional audio. It is a c++ equivalent of libSDL.
- Threading, file IO: Commoncpp. Nicely cross platform.
- Configuration storage: YAML as it stores the information in a human readable way... but is also better for machines then XML.
- Networking: enet or grapple (the first is more stable, but the latter has more features.
- Data compression and collection: physfs (data files, saved games)